TTC after 35
Options

Is it to late to change my mind…..

Im in the TTW and I'm finding myself hoping for a BFN. I mean I have the weirdest luck so it would happen now after trying for the better part of a year (or at least not trying to prevent PG)

We are super strapped financially suddenly. Anyone  ever get sudden paranoia about the possibility in your TWW and think to your self "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING????" 

I mean Im sure it happens less in our age group since most people by our age have decent jobs and live in our own homes…..you know. Grown up. I am suddenly a little (ok a lot) stressed. I think i was starting to feel this way last month too. (TMI AHEAD) Last month in my fertile window hubby and I you know….BD and I'm not joking, my vajay jay was like " OH HELL NO…..I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING" it was AWEFUL…..sorry really really TMI….lol. 

Im sorry if this post is insensitive to anyone who wants it sooooo bad and is having a hard time TTC. I DO want another child…..I do. I don't know whats wrong with me. Im an emotional mess. literally crying when hubby isn't home and last night. I can't tell anyone in RL about this since nobody knows we are TTC. I have made it a secret and swore hubby to secrecy cause i don't want people to have expectations and if it never happens…….i don't know. Im a mess today, 
SIGGY WARNING
Me 38   DH 34
married 05-21-11 
started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 

Re: Is it to late to change my mind…..

• Options
    I'll be honest: About a week before our IUI, I told Nate that maybe we shouldn't do the procedure. We're paying for our wedding (my first, and it's pricey), we're trying to buy a house, and we have to pay out of pocket for our procedures. He really, really wants a family. Sometimes I think he wants it more than I do.

So, yes, I relate. I mean, I DEFINITELY want this to work right now (I'm also in TWW, 9dpIUI), but prior to this cycle, I was ready to just walk away from trying and either adopt, or not have children.

I think it's harder for us - or at least for me, because as a woman, I have to go through most of the emotional and physical turmoil. It definitely is harder on me (testing, the procedures, appointments, disappointments, BFNs, etc) than it is on Nate. Because he just kind of goes with whatever is happening at any given moment. AND, I'm the one with fertility issues (DOR). So that weighs on me as well.

So, yeah I get it.

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited January 2014
    **Warning--child mentioned**

I don't mean to be insensitive, either, and I really, really want another child, too, but you ladies are definitely not alone in your moments of ambivalence. I worry that we'd be short changing DD with another baby so soon (even though wanting her to have a sibling is an important part of why we want another), and some days I feel like we can barely manage one very small child, let alone two. Basically, if I were ten years younger, I would NOT be trying again while DD was so young.

However. I also remember feeling similarly doubtful at times while TTC DD, even though we wanted a baby more than anything, and love her to pieces. I think it's pretty standard. I agree with @JimBobCooter that part of it is a defense mechanism, and as for the rest, maybe thinking seriously about how a baby will realistically impact your life just suggests that you're going to be a good parent! :)
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Hubby just said tonight….. "Well lets hope your not pregnant"

I lost it. Im a fricken mess. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It's normal to have second thoughts. In life we second guess a lot of things
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are so stressed over this. Taking a break for a few months to get your mind and finances in order is not a terrible thing.
    I wish you luck and I hope you find some peace.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    @KirstenAlecia: Hugs. I hope whatever result you get this month is the one you and DH ultimately decide you want, and that you can come up with a plan going forward that gives you both peace of mind: there probably is no "good" time for anyone to have a baby (whether they're single, partnered, regardless of age, etc, etc) beyond whenever they decide they really want one. Whether you decide to take a break or forge ahead, we'll be thinking of you! Hang in there... >:D<
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Thank you so much girls. I needed that vent and I needed those wise and comforting words. It seems better today. My husband is so good. He works so hard. I don't want the stress to overtake him. Everything rest on his shoulders and its not fair. 

I just have to have some faith that what is meant to happen will. In the meantime Im glad I have this place and you wonderful ladies to lean on when it comes to this stuff since like i said nobody in "real life" knows we are even THINKING about it. In fact my mom brought up babies last night and I said "NOPE! Im good being a mom to furrbabbies" lol.

I wish this stuff and all that comes with it could just be easy for us all……sigh.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"