S/O plastic toys — The Bump
The Eco-Friendly Family

S/O plastic toys

Gimme some suggestions for baby toys made in America and not full of plastic, please.

I know about Magic Cabin and Down To Earth Toys. I don't want to go with Green Toys because I am trying to avoid all plastic not just BPAs.

I'm planning on making DD some stuff but I just want to know what's out there.

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O plastic toys

• Hmm..are Hape Eco toys made in the US? Not sure, but I do know they make Eco-friendly wooden toys.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Thanks ya'll
  • I've found a lot on Etsy too. I'm planning on ordering from a shop called Indie Bambinos, but I think the owner is on vacation until January.

SidraJedi
  • Manzanita Kids on Etsy

SidraJedi
  • Bannor Toys are handmade in a basement in the midwest :) Great wooden rattles and teethers. They are on Etsy.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • B you toys! alot of wood products
    trudibell
  • Hape is made in China, at least the ones I've seen.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• http://ringley.ca/

I have one of their teethers, and love it!  Too bad they don't make any others.  I got mine off of babysteals.  It's a CDN company... but close enough?!?

• You can also check out Etsy... it's more expensive, but lots of WAHM stuff

• Also look for montessori/Waldorf toys. Lots of wood stuff made in the us. I like maple landmark too
  • Hape is not made in US.  They're made in China, and they a) have some plastic parts, and b) mix wood pulp in with plastic so that the wood can't biodegrade, nor the plastic be recycled

'Nest'  <www.nest.ca>   is a Canadian company (I'm in Toronto), but they have free shipping to the US, and they have a section on their site for toys and other items made in USA.  This is my favourite online goto store, as they really into sustainability, and they claim that almost everything they sell is biodegradable.

I know from a friend of mine in Florida that they also promise their American customers no extra charges (eg. brokerage or duty) that they would have to pay.