High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Gestational Diabetes resources

Hello everyone,

I just received an early diagnosis of "borderline" Gestational Diabetes.  Borderline because I only failed one of the criteria but my age and weight are making them err on the side of caution and have me follow the diet, exercise and check my sugars.  In addition to this new GD diagnosis, I was already high risk for hx of pre-eclampsia (mild but pre-e nonetheless) with my first, and premature labor and birth with my 2ndn(I'm on weekly Makena shots and bi-weekly cervical checks until 24 weeks), my weight, and I'm AMA.  This was just another thing that was like "okay, here we go."

I have to go to a class tomorrow where I will meet the "team" that I will be working with and learn about the diet and how to check my sugars and what they should be.  I'm assuming they will give me pamphlets but I'm wondering if anyone has any good additional resources, be it books or on the internet, that you could recommend.  I did use the search function for the board but didn't find anything really resource related, per se, but the menu suggestions did help me. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Re: Gestational Diabetes resources

• Options
    I had GD with my first pregnancy and I found the GD boards on Babycenter to be very helpful. I'm usually not a babycenter fan, but they had a couple different options for GD boards and I got a lot of good info there. Good luck!
  • Options
    In terms of food, I did a ton of paleo cooking as it can be incredibly low in carbs if you stay away from the fruit and sweet potatoes. There's oodles of paleo cooking blogs out there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"