February 2014 Moms
Options

Nursing Playtime Bag for older sibs

I used some Amazon gift cards I had from Xmas to order some new and fun toys for DD to use when I'm nursing LO. I got her a mrs. Potato Head (she loves Mr), a leapfrog alphabet toy and a Melissa & Doug fishing/puzzle toy! Hopefully they will make her feel special and distract her while I'm nursing her little sister! (And hopefully her little sister is at least a little more efficient than DD1 was, as she took an hour and a half to feed!!)
DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

Re: Nursing Playtime Bag for older sibs

• Options
    You know, I did this last time and it didn't really work.  Maybe I should have been better about ONLY letting him play with those toys during BF but honestly... he just kind of played with them whenever he wanted.  Also, my babies tend to be "snacky" and will nurse almost constantly sometimes so even a bag of tricks gets old fast in those circumstances.  Basically, the older one just has to learn to wait and be patient.  I actually don't remember BF time being an issue though... it was more when we were out and about that DS decided to punish me...  DS was more into good old fashioned public humiliation.   

• Options
    I remember being able to walk around while BFing DS1... like @slwprincess said I am more worried about times out in public etc. Or nap times for older DS..
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to purchase the things today after school, I will look on pinterest. I didn't know they were called 'busy bags.' I plan on getting a few new books, puzzles and matchbox cars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have been thinking about what to put together for something like this.  I will definitely take a look at pinterest...I don't know why I haven't thought of that!!  I'm going to put in and rotate some books, DS loves to read, and some cars, maybe some leap pad stuff as well.  I really need to get on this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"