March 2015 Moms
Options

H2O is a no go

Just curious how much water everyone actually consumes daily? Pre pregnancy I wasn't really big on drinks and am trying to make a conscious effort to consume enough liquid but just don't feel like it's enough. Between work and my daughters extracurricular stuff..it honestly doesn't even cross my mind as much as it should. When I do drink a lot of fluid, my sickness is even worse so the doctor told me to supplement Gatorade, vitamin water, etc. But nothing has helped. Just wondering how you ladies sustain so much liquid per day!

Re: H2O is a no go

• Options
    It's hard. I don't get enough water either. Especially when I'm feeling blah. Maybe eating more fruit which has a higher water content? Sometimes my son's juicy juice goes down easier than plain water so I'll mix his fruit juice with my water.
  • Options
    At minimum, 1800ml. I take my water bottle everywhere I go, and drink at least three bottles full a day. Still not enough though, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I constantly have something with me to drink... when I go out I have a water bottle that fits in my purse that I drink out of. When I'm at home I'll have a glass of water handy. For morning sickness sometimes drinking lemonade helps, so you could try that.
    I'll mix water with my Simply Lemonade, helps a ton. 

Currently I'm coming pretty close to 64 oz of water.  I bought a 30oz cup at Target and fill it usually twice at work, also have one for home.  Only way I get enough liquids -.-
    photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ive got a quirk about water needing to be extremely cold, usually ice or as close as possible to ice cold. If not, I can't drink it. So I put 2 32 oz Gatorade bottles of water- one in the fridge and one in the freezer- before bed every night. I take the frozen one out in the morning, smash it on the counter, then rotate the other to the freezer. I aim to drink my water throughout the day, and drink whatever I want at my meals. Hope this helps!
    YES. Everything I drink HAS to be super cold. If not, I won't drink it. Hence the problem with the water bottles I carry around. Once they're warm I have no interest and just gaga the whole time I try to drink it. Ugh, first world problems!
  • Options

I sometimes mix lemonade and water and sometimes that helps. I agree with @racegurl87 lemonade seems to help with the nausea Or sparkling water sometimes goes down a little easier too.

I know Pedialyte is a another good drink for avoiding dehydration as well.

• Options
    When I'm headed out, I try to stop and buy one of those big, 32oz Smartwaters so that I know once it's empty, I'm halfway done. All the tricks and tips are much appreciated! 
  • Options
    I've been a big water drinker for the past several years but it was a habit that took a long time for me to build. I was drinking around 64 ounces a day most days but the doc told me I should double that during pregnancy. Ever since she told me that I've been failing at drinking even as much as I did before!

Can you try to always have a water bottle with you everywhere you go? I read somewhere (was it on here?) about someone writing times on their wear bottle to force themselves to drink to that line by x time each day. Maybe that could help? And mixing water with crystal lite flavors might help if you aren't a big water drinker.

My unhealthy advice is... All the salty foods I've been craving make me thirsty for water so there is always that :-)
  • Options
    Lmsq1611 said:
    I've been a big water drinker for the past several years but it was a habit that took a long time for me to build. I was drinking around 64 ounces a day most days but the doc told me I should double that during pregnancy. Ever since she told me that I've been failing at drinking even as much as I did before! Can you try to always have a water bottle with you everywhere you go? I read somewhere (was it on here?) about someone writing times on their wear bottle to force themselves to drink to that line by x time each day. Maybe that could help? And mixing water with crystal lite flavors might help if you aren't a big water drinker. My unhealthy advice is... All the salty foods I've been craving make me thirsty for water so there is always that :-)
    Super envious of your love for water! Don't get me wrong, I love some cold water, but once it's warm..nope. I recently read this article and found it interesting..Im just so sick in the morning that the thought of "chugging" water isn't appealing whatsoever! 
  • Options
    Normally I can't stand water so I add the dasani drops to flavor it. But I lost my taste for that this pregnancy so I've been drinking lots of milk, Gatorade, juice, etc. then randomly I started craving plain water a few days ago so I've been trying to get at least 2 bottles in addition to what else I drink. Not enough but better than I was!
  • Options
    I am a huge water fan normally (I have a 32 oz reusable bottle and fill it up 3-4x during the workday plus water with all my meals and at night). Since my MS has kicked in it has been so unappealing - but I found carbonated is much better than flat water. 

I've been drinking tons of Le Croix plain water (just carbonated, no additives) and at home I use my soda stream machine to add fizz to tap water and keep two bottles in the fridge.  At home I try to carry a glass of my fizzy water wherever I go to remind me to drink it too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Coconut milk has been a lifesaver, especially when regular milk was a no-go.
  • Options
    I drink 3L of straight up water and I still can't shit...
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    So what do y'all do at night? Right now I'm lying in bed soooo thirsty but I'm afraid if I drink water now I will be peeing every 30 minutes all night! (Even though if I don't I'll still be up peeing a lot)
  • Options

So what do y'all do at night? Right now I'm lying in bed soooo thirsty but I'm afraid if I drink water now I will be peeing every 30 minutes all night! (Even though if I don't I'll still be up peeing a lot)

I don't drink anything before bed and wake up 2-3 times to pee :(
  • Options
    Ugh I try not to drink anything after 7 or 8 except just a sip to take my meds and prenatal before bed and last night, no lie, I stopped counting after the 9th time I got up to pee. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I am normally a big water drinker, 4-5 16oz bottles a day. I have to have mine cold too! I have def been craving carbonated water way more now though. Sometimes it is just the cure for morning sickness!
  • Options
    I'm in the ice-cold-or-no-go camp. I also find that adding just a couple of drops of pure lemon juice makes it just tart enough to appeal when I really don't feel like consuming anything.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I haven't been able to successfully hold down plain water in weeks. Thankfully my last pregnancy taught me that bubble (sparkling) water is my savoir! It helps settle my stomach and hydrates me at the same time. But I also rely heavily on Gatorade as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    When my MS was bad I could hardly drink anything but tried sipping red Gatorade. Now I am thirsty all the time for water! I have one of this insulated hospital mugs that I fill with ice and water (I like cold water too!). I fill it a few times a day and it has oz and ml on the side to help me be conscious of how much I drink.

I suggest getting a good insulated bottle, like tervis or another and fill to the top with ice, then pour refrigerated water (vs tap) so it is extra cold. Carry it with you everywhere.
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am like you I often forget between work and kids to drink enough water! I try to keep water with me at all times but then it gets warm and I don't want to drink it!
  • Options
    I fill up a gallon water jug a day to make sure I drink lots of water . I have it sitting right in my face to annoy me while I'm at work. It forces me to want to drink it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

• Options
    Carbonated water is my lifesaver!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I was not pregnant, I drink a cup of tea in the morning and one in the afternoon. And then one cup of water after. So average 4 cups during the day. Now... No more tea, boy do I miss it. And water tastes like ... 1/2 of my throw up tantrums is because of the grossness of water. So I now mix it with some juice to get my Vit C, or some lemonade concentrate for some flavour. Adding a slice of lemon helps too. Just not plain water. gag. Only drink 1/2 cup with my anti nausea pill. That's it.
  • Options
    CrazieMeh said:

When I was not pregnant, I drink a cup of tea in the morning and one in the afternoon. And then one cup of water after. So average 4 cups during the day. Now... No more tea, boy do I miss it. And water tastes like ... 1/2 of my throw up tantrums is because of the grossness of water. So I now mix it with some juice to get my Vit C, or some lemonade concentrate for some flavour. Adding a slice of lemon helps too. Just not plain water. gag. Only drink 1/2 cup with my anti nausea pill. That's it.

Can you drink decaf tea instead? We always have Mighty Leaf teas on hand because they have decaf as well as light caffeine and come in so many amazing flavors. I drink it hot in the morning and make iced tea to keep in the fridge.
  • Options
    lisap0924lisap0924 member
    edited August 2014

Im having a hard time getting all the water in too. On days I feel like poo it is really hard. I drink a lot of ginger ale on those days.I drink lemonade, milk  ect too. I know water is better, but I get sick of plain water. I like variety! 

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"