3rd Trimester

Ugh Cold Stone uses cultured milk not pasteurized milk!!!!

Ugh i just gave in the Cold stone ice cream and I thought I was being good and ordered the vanilla yogurt instead of the full ice cream , and as I was about half way into my snack I read that cold stone ice cream uses cultured milk instead of pasteurized milk! Is that going to harm my baby? I stopped eating once I read that but now am worried I ate something bad :( Any takes on this? I tried to read up on the difference but it doesn't seem to be the same process. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh Cold Stone uses cultured milk not pasteurized milk!!!!

• I'm sure you are fine!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I would not stress about this

there is much better ice cream out there than Cold Stone though, I think their stuff is gross and way overpriced!   

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepugznploons:

I would not stress about this

there is much better ice cream out there than Cold Stone though, I think their stuff is gross and way overpriced!   

I love cold stone! Although the locally owned places in town are better.

And OP - you're just fine. I've eaten raw foods (including sushi) this pregnancy, no problems at all. Unless you have a really, really sensitive stomach to start. 

• Although unpasturized milk can contain lysteria it doesn't mean that every drop of it does. A lot of things can have this bacteria including produce like cabbage, lettuce and even strawberries. Also, if you have been exposed to the bacteria your body can have an immunity to it. I just finished off 5 oreos and a glass of unpasturized milk (I feel more guilty about the oreos :D ). Pasturized milk is not something I'm willing to put in my body or the baby's.
  • Milk is not cultured or pasteurized, rather pasteurized milk has cultures added to it. You are fine.

• Thank you so much everyone I feel better already :) 
  • imagemollybloom:

Milk is not cultured or pasteurized, rather pasteurized milk has cultures added to it. You are fine.

This!! When they make yogurt they can pasteurize the milk and then add cultures to turn the milk into yogurt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • yeah....you're probably going to die and come back as a zombie. 
  • You poor thing.  You spent your entire pregnancy being so good and careful.  Now you ate that evil ColdStone Creamery stuff and your baby is going to be born with horns and a tail. 

Big fail....and you were so close to the finish line, too.  

Indifferent 

• Did anyone else feel like they must have accidentally clicked on 1st tri instead of 3rd...

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    The real question Holly Peterson is, did you like it, love it or did you GOTTA HAVE IT?

Yes 

• If you don't feel good about their dairy, I can tell you their raspberry sorbet is AMAZING. Especially if you add goodies like chocolate chips.
  • Since many states do not allow the sale of unpasteurized milk for human consumption, I am almost certain Cold Stone uses pasteurized milk. Ditto the others - if it's cultured, it's means it's been cultured after pasteurizing.
  • imageTambcat:
    Since many states do not allow the sale of unpasteurized milk for human consumption, I am almost certain Cold Stone uses pasteurized milk. Ditto the others - if it's cultured, it's means it's been cultured after pasteurizing.

This- I live in Cali and legally it all has to be pasturized.  I would think a national chain would not legally be able to adjust their product from state to state.

• I would so not worry about this at all... You are in your 3rd tri! I believe my doctor told me that the milk and soft cheese thing was a bunch of old school hype. She said to pay attention during the first tri but not to worry about every little thing I put into my mouth.

Plus, any yogurt is added milk cultures to already pasteurized milk... I eat cold stone all the time... I also eat "GASP" soft cheese, Greek yogurt, and regular yogurt. I have also had... "ANOTHER GASP" Sushi.

I am fine, my baby is fine, stop freaking out people.

Plus, any cheese that is imported into the U.S. legally has to be made with pasteurized milk. It is the cheeses that are made locally or on U.S. soil that can use un-pasteurized milk. 

• imagemollybloom:

Milk is not cultured or pasteurized, rather pasteurized milk has cultures added to it. You are fine.

This. If you got the fro-yo, it's yogurt-- of course it's cultured.

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I came across this while researching if their products contained pasteurized milk, & per their website, all are pasteurized!
  • Wouldn't that be against the FDA, or some kind of health regulations or something if they made their product w/ unpasteurized milk, and didn't post it in like HUGE letters all across the store?

Who would eat unpasteurized milk products on purpose anyways?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What? Have a glass of wine, it will put your mind to ease about that naughty fro-yo.
  • Haha I remember this exact post from the first time I was pregnant! Gotta love the zombie threads being resurrected :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"