July 2014 Moms

Push Playlist!

Hey ladies!
I'm trying to come up with an up-beat playlist for the delivery room. So far I've got "Push It" by Salt-n-pepa and "Firework" by Katy Perry (fitting for my 4th of July due date). Any other ideas or recommendations?

Re: Push Playlist!

• I haven't even thought of this. My go to song when I'm pushing myself running is ludacris get back.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My best friend listened to a bunch of Skillet during L&D... I'll probably be doing the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmmmm but seriously. Maybe some Britney, Rihanna, or Beyoncé????

• I brought a Norah Jones CD to the hospital when I had my first. I remember my doula putting the CD in and then I never heard a single note. I was so caught up in labor that it didn't even register. But maybe having music in labor works for some people.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cyndelgracecyndelgrace member
    edited January 2014
    BPaws said:
    Anything by N'Sync or B4-4. Or O-Town. Remember O-Town?? Nothing makes me want to expel a baby from a gaping wound in my stomach more than washed up boy bands. Though- if this were going to be a vaginal birth I would opt for David Bowies "Under Pressure" on repeat.
    Hahahahahaha, this cracks me up. Ashley Angel was one of my older brother's best friends when I was a kid and I remember crushing on him so bad during summer camping trips. I suggest the "Every 6 Seconds" song, really classy birthing music.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • yurmomyurmom member
    edited January 2014

BPaws said:

Anything by N'Sync or B4-4. Or O-Town. Remember O-Town??

Nothing makes me want to expel a baby from a gaping wound in my stomach more than washed up boy bands.

Though- if this were going to be a vaginal birth I would opt for David Bowies "Under Pressure" on repeat.

Hahahahahaha, this cracks me up. Ashley Angel was one of my older brother's best friends when I was a kid and I remember crushing on him so bad during summer camping trips. I suggest the "Every 6 Seconds" song, really classy birthing music.
    For realz?! This makes you practically famous.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• BPaws said:
    BPaws said:
    Anything by N'Sync or B4-4. Or O-Town. Remember O-Town?? Nothing makes me want to expel a baby from a gaping wound in my stomach more than washed up boy bands. Though- if this were going to be a vaginal birth I would opt for David Bowies "Under Pressure" on repeat.
    Is his real name Ashley Angel? I have had liquid dreams stuck in my head all day for absolutely zero reason- aside from it makes me giggle.
    Yes, that's his real name or Ashley Parker-Angel. The Angel name was his step-dad's but I don't remember him without the Angel name, he must have taken it at least in elementary school if not earlier.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • allardr said:

Sorry last thing on my mind with DD was music. It'll end up being so far out of your mind IMO I wouldn't stress. 

Agreed!!! Music was so far from my mind with DS

• I listened to a reggae playlist I made while I labored. Lots of Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, I can't remember what else. I played it over and over until about 7cm then I needed a change of pace and I had nature sounds going and affirmations being read to me. It was so peaceful. I remembering feeling like I was walking through a meadow.
    I say make your playlist. It may help:)
  • seells said:
    I didn't listen to music but I watched Star Wars. Apparently the force wasn't with me since I ended up with a csection....
    Hahahhaha, this made me LOL. I shared with DH and now he is insisting on playing the original trilogy at the hospital.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I appreciate all the fun and supportive suggestions!! My playlist is going to be awesome! This is my first baby, and I don't know what's going to work for me...but I'd rather be safe than sorry and have something ready to listen to in case I want it.
  • With my first I didn't even hear about a push playlist. All I know is that it was shark week and we were watching the discovery channel while I was in labor! I can remember focusing on the shark on TV while I was pushing. Not how I had pictured going through labor but, oh well! I may do a push playlist for this LO! Great idea!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't create a play list. I figured I could use Pandora to find something to suit my mood, but I ended up loving the silence broken by DH and the nurses talking to me/around.

My favorite channels for focus/movement are all edm, so kaskade, tiesto, seeds house mafia, krewella, etc.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a playlist, but I wound up taking the headphones out and throwing the whole contraption at DH b/c I just couldn't handle it.

I'm kind of amazed at the ladies who were able to watch TV. The lights in my delivery room were SO bright, I hid my face in a wet towel the whole time...or at least as much as I could in b/n dry heaving and sucking on an oxygen mask.

• Just bring an assortment of music and put on whatever you want at the time. I didn't listen or watch anything the whole time I was in labor. To wound up. I brought a bunch of stuff to do in the hospital and I used none of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • DinabethLDinabethL member
    edited January 2014
    I had "The Piano Guys" music playing most of the time. :) I found it relaxing and encouraging. We just had it playing on our laptop so it wasn't a hassle. Just background music.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Ok, my husband has insisted we add "Rock you like a hurricane" to this list... Oh dear

HA. My husband better not get ahold if my tablet and see this, or he will demand the same. :p

I'm a FTM, so I will probably make a push playlist because I'm delusional and think I will be ok in labor... But probably all mellow stuff so I stay calm.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm going to play a bunch of Bob Marley.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry last thing on my mind with DD was music. It'll end up being so far out of your mind IMO I wouldn't stress. 
    Agreed!!! Music was so far from my mind with DS
    This. I kinda feel like you won't be listening anyway.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a playlist, but I wound up taking the headphones out and throwing the whole contraption at DH b/c I just couldn't handle it.

I'm kind of amazed at the ladies who were able to watch TV. The lights in my delivery room were SO bright, I hid my face in a wet towel the whole time...or at least as much as I could in b/n dry heaving and sucking on an oxygen mask.
    The lighting was the only request I made, that it not be bright. I had DS in the middle of the night and the lights were dim/amost dark... it was great. I could not handle fluorescents in my face.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you bringing a boom box or going to wear earbuds during L&D?

I'm mildly fascinated. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Lol! My hospital lets you plug in your own music.
  • I didn't have music while I was in labor, there was too much activity going on.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• I'm thinking chill music like reggae and instrumental stuff for the first part and then some really feel-good music for active labor. I'm thinking every song I've ever belted in my car during active labor.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually recommend making an upbeat playlist and a mellow one; you might be in the mood for one or the other at different times.  
    I mostly played Jack Johnson; I knew I was going to want calming music during labor.  It worked great, I stayed pretty calm!  
    Obviously playing music doesn't work for everyone, but I'm big on auditory stimulation and music really affects my mood, so I knew it would be important to me.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Are you bringing a boom box or going to wear earbuds during L&D?

I'm mildly fascinated. 
    If you're really asking, I have a small speaker that my ipod hooks up to.  I would think earbuds would be a little cumbersome. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Ecomom17 said:
    Are you bringing a boom box or going to wear earbuds during L&D?

I'm mildly fascinated. 
    If you're really asking, I have a small speaker that my ipod hooks up to.  I would think earbuds would be a little cumbersome. ;)
    I'm really asking, lol. I never thought about it before. Especially bc of my scheduled C last time. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I didn't even think about this with DD.  I prefer quiet when I'm in pain, so once I got uncomfortable (around a 6-7), we just dimmed the lights and I kept a cool rag over my eyes.  People talking didn't bother me, but music would have.  Hope the music works for you!  :)

BabyFetus Ticker 

image image

• AmericanInOzAmericanInOz member
    edited January 2014

we did lots of songs that we just loved, I really liked having it playing while I was laboring, comforting for me

dd was born to Semisonic's 'DND' (do not disturb) - which I LOVE cause I'm from MN

we only know because dh was videoing and you can hear it on the video :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"