2nd Trimester
Options

Spotting and cramping at 22 weeks?

I had an exam on fri and my doctor poked around my cervix so she told me some spotting is normal, although it didn't start till just now. I wasn't really worried but now I'm having a bit of cramping. Should I call the on call doctor or is this normal? I have had cramping on and off the whole pregnancy, nothing severe and it's always been attributed to growing pains. Just a little odd that they're happening simultaneously..

Re: Spotting and cramping at 22 weeks?

• Options
    Personally, I would call. You are probably just fine but my midwife says that some spotting after an exam in the next 24 hrs is normal, but she'd want to hear from me if I started spotting outside of that time period.

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would call for peace of mind
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've called and left a message for the on call doctor and just waiting to hear back. The're supposed to call back within an hour and it's been almost an hour and a half so we'll see
  • Options
    Finally talked to a doctor and he said there's no way to be sure over the phone but what I'm describing doesn't sound alarming and that I'm always welcome to come get looked at but he doesn't think it's necessary. Just to keep an eye on it and if it gets bright red or the cramps got really bad to head in. Guess I'll see how I feel in the morning and call my doctor if anything worsens
  • Options
    good luck to you!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"