Colorado Babies

Boulder High-Risk Pregnancy Suggestions

Dear Colorado Moms,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant but this is my second. My daughter was stillborn [heartbreak] in mid-April. Last time around we used midwives, but did genetic testing and such with docs, but this time I'm all about every test and monitoring in the world to make sure this life makes it out breathing. Just wondering if there are other rainbow pregnancies out there nearby and if you've used a perinatologist or ob you love? I'm going with  Boulder Women's Care so far--first appointment later this week--but don't like that I'll be rotating with 5 doctors rather than get to know one. 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Boulder High-Risk Pregnancy Suggestions

• First, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's stillbirth.  I can't even imagine what you went through after losing her.  

Boulder Women's Care is awesome!  I actually went with the Boulder Midwives but ended up needing a c-section and Mako Shimoda did the procedure since she was on call.  She was A.MAZ.ING!  She put me so at ease.  My sister-in-law used them years ago and really liked them so I knew I was in good hands.  IMO, rotating through each doctor gives you a chance to get to know all of them b/c you never know who will be on call when you go in to labor.  That is how the midwives worked too and I really liked that.  There was one midwife that I really did not mesh with and that may happen with you too.  But overall I knew the "personality" of the practice and they are all so like minded.  I felt if I trusted these other 4 women with my life and the life of my baby and they trust this one who I don't mesh with then I can trust her too.  If I felt I needed an OB I would go to BWC in a heart beat.  I believe they all go by their first names which to me feels more personal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• princessyetz

Thank you so much for your email. I'm so sorry to hear of your recent loss.

I ended up going with BWC, and then I was pregnant with twins, but they had Trisomy 16, so I had a D&C. Sad wacky year and nothing like I expected getting pregnant would be like, but the docs assure us these losses aren't related. I'm pregnant again, taking baby aspirin, and maintaining hope.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"