3rd Trimester

Nesting at 35 weeks?? FTMs and STMs

So lately I have been having the urge to clean and organize whatever is left before the baby comes. Has anyone else been feeling this? I keep reading that nesting towards the end of your pregnancy mean labour isn't far. Is that true for any STMs? And any FTMs nesting right now?

Re: Nesting at 35 weeks?? FTMs and STMs

• I nested at 5 months too. That's when I got the baby's room ready and all that. Now I'm nesting again! But I do get tired faster now.
  • I am like this too, and no it doesn't mean labor is coming in,Ike the next few days. Some do it super early, at like 5 months, others do it at 35 weeks. Different strokes for different folks I suppose, and we are all at the mercy of our hormones. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been nesting for the last 2 or so weeks. I never heard of it being linked to labor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel the need to do all of this but between my constant fatigue, back pain and inability to sleep for more than a 2 hour stretch I'm basically just barking orders at DH from the couch. Thank god he is a good sport! Lol

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Definately nested alot with first time but I am so tired between a toddler, new great job and just tiredness I haven't even painted the nursery yet, LOL and I am 15 weeks
  • I meant to say 35 weeks, see i can't even type LOL
  • I'm 35 weeks and I'm trying to nest but our house is a total disaster zone (hubby's fault....renovations and such) and I am freaking the f outttttt.

• I wish I would hurry up and get to the nesting stage.. I'm not sure if it will ever happen though! I'm just so tired.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm super tired too but am nesting at the same time. It's weird! I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night and Thursday I did a whole bunch of stuff during the day, came home and organized my pantry and laundry room and then was exhausted and had to lay down for a bit but I wanted to clean the kitchen so bad! It's weird haha
  • I've been nesting for a month and not due for awhile.  I just want everything in order.  Everyone's different, so I wouldn't freak out and think you'll deliver any sooner.  
  • The nesting burst of energy that "they" talk about being a sign of labor soon to come is not the normal "nesting". Not like I want to paint the nursery or organize baby drawers. It's crazy person cleaning, with my first I called in sick to work because I started obsessing that the door handles on the house needed to be deep cleaned and lysoled. It could be things like all the ceiling fan blades NEED to be removed and scrubbed, or I MUST bleach every baseboard in the house. You start getting cray cray like that, make sure your bag is packed!

imageimage
  • My DS was born at 36 weeks on the nose and I was not ready (hadn't even bought the mattress for the crib yet)... so I've nested early with these last two, lol.
  • The nesting burst of energy that "they" talk about being a sign of labor soon to come is not the normal "nesting". Not like I want to paint the nursery or organize baby drawers. It's crazy person cleaning, with my first I called in sick to work because I started obsessing that the door handles on the house needed to be deep cleaned and lysoled. It could be things like all the ceiling fan blades NEED to be removed and scrubbed, or I MUST bleach every baseboard in the house. You start getting cray cray like that, make sure your bag is packed!

You this is what I'm talking about. I'm not doing anything baby related. I vacuum EVERYDAY, I've organized my pantry and laundry room. I've even organized our closet and gotten rid of stuff. I'm always cleaning the kitchen and dusting. It's like I can't get things clean enough!!
  • Nesting can start at anytime during your pregnancy. Too bad for me, I never got the urge until after birth.
  • Nesting isn't correlated with labor. I have had 2 or 3 bursts of nesting energy this pregnancy so far :)

• imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited January 2014
    I nested at 20 weeks and had DS at 39 so...

Edit because of a typo.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"