March 2014 Moms
Options

He's arrived! What a story. Update!

klopez1113klopez1113 member
edited January 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Hi All,

Can't thank you enough for your support and congratulations. Ben is doing great in NICU so far. Almost 2 weeks later and he's off the IV and the CPAP. Now it's just a small canula (no Oxygen) and the feeding tube. He just needs to keep growing! See below for some new photos!

Previous story/post:
After 8 months of an uncomplicated pregnancy, this last week has been a whirlwhind!

Started with a diagnosed shortened cervix, pre-term delivery. Admitted to the hospital, deceling fetal heart rate. Discharged two days later, only to come back the next day short of breadth. Ran the tests for blood clots, EKG, preclampsia, etc to confirm on-set hypertension and a bacterial infection. Sent home two days later. Cramps started Tues night. Wed morning I called the doc and she said it might just be a bowel movement. They went on throughout the day. Finally I went back to the hospital Wed night. No contractions showed up, and my cervix was closed and measuring the same. Good news! So they sent me home, but no diagnosis on the cramping.

I arrived home from the city (40 min drive) at 12 am. I went to the bathroom, felt a popping sensation, and knew something had happened. I started shaking. Threw up. Told my husband I needed a hospital but couldn't make it back to New York in time.

We made the quick decision to drive north to Greenwich Hospital. Never been to it, but knew of it's reputation. Arrived at 1:09 am. This baby came out at 1:17 am. No joke. No time for drugs, etc. The hospital was fantastic and flew into action.

If we had attempted to drive to New York, this baby would've been delivered on the side of the road in the Bronx.

He's in NICU and doing wonderful! 3 lbs, almost 16"

Re: He's arrived! What a story. Update!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"