Preemies
Options

Induce or c-section at 32 weeks? Updated

amsatamsat member
edited January 2014 in Preemies
Quick intro: I'm 32 weeks and have been dealing with gestational hypertension since 26 weeks. Last Friday, I turned pre-eclamptic. I've been in the hospital since then.

It looks like we will be delivering tomorrow as we just can't control the blood pressure anymore.

At this point, the MFM is willing to let me try to be induced because the baby is happy, active and thriving. He's 4 lbs 13 oz.

They said that more than likely I'll end up with a c-section after 48 hours, but again - are letting me decide.

I'm really undecided about this. Is it better to let him go through a little labor and then do a section, or should I just do the c-section?

I truly have no idea what is best for him and I hate that I have to make this decision.

Thank you for any input, advice and/experience!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Induce or c-section at 32 weeks? Updated

• Options
    I'm surprised they're giving you the option of induction. I had to have DD at 31 weeks 3 days and my doctor told me that induction wasn't an option because it wasn't like I had gone into preterm labor. She said my body wasn't ready at that point to be induced. Plus with the high BP they didn't want me to be induced and risk my BP going even higher. I don't know if that helps at all. Sorry if that was very negative. I hope everything goes well for you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I don't post much on this board but I just wanted to say that I developed preeclampsia at 32 weeks 3 days. My blood pressure was around 180/110. I choose to be induced even though I was having twins. My babies were born the next morning, baby a vaginally and baby b via c section. Do what is best for you and your family. Just wanted to say it's possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your experiences!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Are you favorable for induction? Are you dilating or effaced at all? If you are closed up tight, I'd probably forego the induction since it's less likely to work. Good luck!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    They decided this morning that induction is not an option so I'll have a c/section later this morning. Thank you for the advice and input!

Thoughts and prayers for my 32 weeker.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    amsat said:
    They decided this morning that induction is not an option so I'll have a c/section later this morning. Thank you for the advice and input! Thoughts and prayers for my 32 weeker.
    Hoping for a smooth birth for your baby boy! Keep us updated. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    t&p for you all!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"