June 2014 Moms

Weight Gain.

Re: Weight Gain.

• flojo973 said:
    Ladies with little gain- don't get too cocky. It can turn around in a second! ;)
    I have a feeling this is going to be me.  I am 20 weeks and put on 3 lbs last week alone and I ate so healthy!  I think the second half is going to be my downfall.
    Me too! 6 pounds in the past 2 weeks - whoof! I feel like am retaining a lot of water. You could bounce a coin off my belly and I'm having a hard time sitting at my desk because it's digging up into my ribs. Going to make a big effort to up my water intake this week and take a few epsom salt baths.
  • 1 lb at 20 weeks. Started out chubby. Lost 6 due to nausea and have started gaining back now.
  • Loading the player...
  • 19 weeks and 3lbs

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • According to my calculations 8-10lbs at 21 weeks today.

• -2lbs at 18 weeks. I'm overweight, so my Doctor said I shouldn't gain any weight throughout the pregnancy. 
  • I'm a plus-size gal to begin with,  and I've lost 17 pounds since October.  I'm 19 weeks now.  Doc says it's due to my eating healthier, and nothing to worry about at all.

• Wow. You ladies make me feel like a cow! At my appt yesterday (20 weeks), I was up 23 pounds.

That's with morning sickness and getting a stomach bug. Argh.

Oh well, last time I gained 70 lbs overall, so I'm glad I haven't gained 40+ so far. Can I say kudos to myself for being at 140? I'm trying so hard to not gain 70 pounds!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • -2 lbs at 16 weeks but I was overweight to begin with. I think as long as you are making healthy choices most of the time you are doing good no matter your gain/loss.

I am under no illusion that I will not gain weight - I know it will come.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 16w3d up 10 lbs
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @elittler, you can join my Cow group with @mskristen2003 and me! Lol!!! Yes, I know I shouldn't eat ALL the Mac and Cheese, but it is sooo delicious. BABY WANTS IT!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• jshrop said:

@elittler, you can join my Cow group with @mskristen2003 and me! Lol!!! Yes, I know I shouldn't eat ALL the Mac and Cheese, but it is sooo delicious. BABY WANTS IT!

Aaaaaand I'm going to eat mac and cheese for dinner now. I swear I get all my cravings from reading other peoples posts! This is why I have a cheesecake in my fridge right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jshrop said:

@elittler, you can join my Cow group with @mskristen2003 and me! Lol!!! Yes, I know I shouldn't eat ALL the Mac and Cheese, but it is sooo delicious. BABY WANTS IT!

As long as there's food you can count me in!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 4lbs at 16 weeks
  • Sounds like everyone is very different depending on body type, pregnancy and lifestyle. I am actually surprised I have not gained more than 8lbs since I am not eating as healthy as I usually would have. I don't eat junk food though I just will opt for a bagel now versus eating eggs. I am on track to gain +1lbs per week now until the end if I will only be that lucky!
    eeeeeexactly

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• at 16 weeks I was up 8.8 lbs. I'm cool with it, just happy to have a sticky baby this time :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm up 4-5 pounds at 19 weeks. I was a healthy weight to start with but lost some in the first trimester. I gained a lot of weight in my second trimester last pregnancy. I'm hoping to gain more in the third trimester this pregnancy so it actually goes to the baby not my butt.
  • 9 lbs at 16.5 weeks

• flerlgirl said:
    Sounds like everyone is very different depending on body type, pregnancy and lifestyle. I am actually surprised I have not gained more than 8lbs since I am not eating as healthy as I usually would have. I don't eat junk food though I just will opt for a bagel now versus eating eggs. I am on track to gain +1lbs per week now until the end if I will only be that lucky!
    eeeeeexactly

Its totally rocket science, but yes. I still do not get the point of these posts. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • I'm 20 weeks and am up 9lbs so far
  • elittler said:
    @jshrop - can I join, too? 15 lbs at 17 weeks. I feel terrible about it. I usually don't even open these threads but today I did... because I wanted to ask if anyone else is noticing that they are getting bigger in places other than their belly.

image        image

• lest12 said:
    elittler said:
    @jshrop - can I join, too? 15 lbs at 17 weeks. I feel terrible about it. I usually don't even open these threads but today I did... because I wanted to ask if anyone else is noticing that they are getting bigger in places other than their belly.
    I don't even step on the scale anymore.  I was up 17 lbs at 20 weeks.  I love how in the food threads people claim to eat "ALL THE FOODS ALL THE TIME" yet don't have weight gain.  I workout 5x/week and gain a shit ton!  I should have never opened this thread!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SNLT1012 said:

-6.5 at 17 weeks.  If I had known all I needed to do to lose weight was get knocked up I would have done it sooner.  Weight loss due to blood loss.

I told my doctor this too because I'm down 10lbs and yet prior to getting pregnant I couldn't drop weight lol. Should've gotten knocked up sooner. Hopefully your bleeding stops soon!

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• - 5lbs at 17 weeks.
    Married 05/15/13 FTM with EDD 06/24/14
  • Only up 2.6 pounds so far, but I was slightly overweight to begin with, so I really don't need to gain much until third tri.

• Negative 4 lbs at 16w5d :( I was down 12 lbs though so I'm happy to have gained some back. Damn nausea and vomiting! 

• @lilnunz1 you're totally right.

And to everyone else! I KNOW what it's like to EAT ALL THE THINGS. I did it last time; that's where those 70 pounds came from :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • At my appt yesterday, 19w5d, my OB said I've gained 9lbs total. I think I gained like 40 with DD total lol. I'm not trying to not gain weight or anything like that. I try to eat healthy and eat when I'm hungry and I have sweets etc if I want. I think it's just because I was overweight to begin with and I'm probably burning more calories daily with two babies than I did with one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • 22 lbs in 18w4d and feel great and sexy  :P Loving the new boobies!! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Around 10 at 19 weeks. Can I just say that I hate watching the scale creep up so quickly?! I know it's worth it, but it's still a weird thing as a FTM. There is that worry in the back of my head that I won't be able to lose it, even though I know I can eventually if I stick to it. Stilllllll :-p
  • Im 17 weeks, no gain. I was down 5 bounds due to food aversions and nausea but i gained that back in the last 4 weeks. Never thought I'd be happy to gain weight in my life but I sure am right now. Just ate a delicious double cheese burger too!

Pregnancy Ticker

• At my last appt I was up 5 lbs at around 18 weeks. I started out at 104lbs, so my ob said I'm fine with what I've gained so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                      DH and I in front of our first house - Aug 2013
  • lest12 said:
    elittler said:
    @Lest12 absolutely.

• Sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not the only one. I'm not comparing myself to the slight weight gainers, or even the weight loss folks. I just want to know I'm not the only one. I know I'll take the weight off when the baby comes. As long as I'm not just eating a ton of processed junk and hurting le bebe, I'm learning to come to terms with it.

• jshrop said:

Sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not the only one. I'm not comparing myself to the slight weight gainers, or even the weight loss folks. I just want to know I'm not the only one. I know I'll take the weight off when the baby comes. As long as I'm not just eating a ton of processed junk and hurting le bebe, I'm learning to come to terms with it.

So just because you do fine with it means everyone else should?
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • 13 lbs at 20 weeks.
  • + 3-4 pounds at 17 weeks. I was worried about gaining too little since I started at a lower BMI, but it seems to be on par with many of you.
  • shakeweightsshakeweights member
    edited January 2014
    I'm at about 17 1/2 weeks and I've gained 8 1/2 pounds! I was fortunate and didn't get morning sickness so I never lost any weight at the beginning. I'm a bit afraid that I'll gain way too much!! I too am at an average weight/size that is considered 'bigger' ( @wtfisup ). But you're right - it's winter and I always gain a few pounds anyway and I live in WI - nothing to do right now since I can't go skiing/tubing/drinking/etc. LOL!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"