June 2012 Moms
Options

how many naps?

I think we're in the process of switching from 2 down to 1.  I'm just curious, how many of you have already switched to 1nap?

Re: how many naps?

• Options
    khill86khill86 member
    edited January 2014
    We switched to one around 11 months. DS kept pushing his first nap later and later so it became impossible to let him have a second nap and still be tired at bedtime. We do one nap after lunch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switched to one nap about 4 months ago. She generally takes a nap from 1230 to 1:30-2ish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we switched to 1 at about 13 months ... its usually from 1 to 3 pm
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD went to one nap around 12 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I don't even know when we went to 1 nap. Awhile ago. He goes down right around 1 and depending on what time he got up that morning can sleep for 2-3 hours(or only 30 min if his older brother is home). He then goes to bed at 8.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    DS has been at one nap for quite awhile now. Daycare helped get him in a routine. He takes a nap at 12 and usually sleeps for 2 hours. I try very hard to keep this schedule even on the weekends.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    khill86 said:
    We switched to one around 11 months. DS kept pushing his first nap later and later so it became impossible to let him have a second nap and still be tired at bedtime. We do one nap after lunch.
    This, except sometimes before lunch if he's really tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM, & we just switched about a week ago.  Seems to be going really well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went to one nap around 15 months. Started doing lunch at 11 and nap right after, and slowly moved it to nap between 12:15 and 1, right after lunch still, for about 2 hours, sometimes longer.

I thought I would hate dropping to one nap, but it's kind of nice to be able to go do things in the morning!

• Options
    We switched at about 14 months or so.  Get up at about 8-8:30, lunch at about 12 or 12:30, nap at 12:30 or 1, sleep for 2-3 hours, then down for the night between 8 and 8:30pm.  It's been working nicely; she goes right down both for nap and bedtime.
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switched awhile ago. He'll generally sleep from 10:30 to 12 and goes to bed at 5:30
  • Options
    10 or 11 months I think. Sleeps 7-7 naps 12-2
  • Options
    DD has been down to one nap since she was 11ish months old she just didn't seem to need the second one and it just kept getting shorter.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    My son always fought his naps so we switched him from two to one nap around 13 months. He seemed to sleep better at night and went down a lot easier at bed time
  • Options
    Down to one nap right around his first birthday. He goes down for 1-2 hours at 12:30. Some days he even skips his nap completely. :( hoping he keeps his one nap for awhile still.
  • Options
    DD dropped her morning nap at 9 months. I couldn't believe it. This girl just does not need her sleep. Even her afternoon naps are 2 hours at the absolute most. She does sleep for 12 hours at night though. I guess that is all her body needs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"