March 2013 Moms
Options

What size diaper does lo wear?

I am wondering this for two reasons.. 1) I have 2 boxes of size 4 diapers and I was wondering what age babies often grow into them, or if maybe I should try harder to exchange them for a smaller size.. LO wears size 3 and they fit a lil big still. She weighs 18.5 pounds...Friends of mine with almost 2 year old babies are wearing size 4, but they seem to maybe be on the smaller size?  2) SIL has a lo bigger than my lo in size 1 diapers! I was just surprised - no other reason for mentioning this lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What size diaper does lo wear?

• Options
    My lo is in size 4 and has been for a while. It started off just for his night time diapers and now it's whenever we use disposables. I would keep them if it were me but I hate exchanging stuff lol.
  • Options
    My LO is a little guy too.  He is 19lbs 7 oz and in size 3.  I think he will be in them for awhile.  You may want to exchange them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Size 4 is the "toddler size" in my mind. They basically fit in those things from age 1 and beyond. I've never had a kid in size 5, though my kids were pretty petite, so DS might challenge that claim when he gets bigger.

For now, DS is size 3, but I imagine we'll be moving up to size 4 soon, probably after we finish off this box of 3s. He's about 22lbs. With my girls, they moved to a size 4 due to how much they peed more than actual fit, but they stayed in that size until they were potty-trained (age 2 for the oldest, age 3 for the other).
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My son is in a size 5.
  • Options
    DS is a size 3. Prob will be for awhile. And we have a pack of size 4. But I'd save them because eventually they will grow into them and better to have them on hand.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dd is in size 5. She's been in them for a while, and at the beginning they were kind baggy but were perfect for her big ol thighs lol. I can't foresee her growing out of them for a long time
  • Options
    Before we switched to cloth we would go up a size once DS was at that size's minimum weight. That means he would technically fit in 4s, but in reality his 22lbs self has lost the chubby thighs he used to have. Mr. Lean still wears size 3 on occasion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is in 3's but we might need to buy 4's by her first birthday. For now the 3's fit her just fine.
  • Options
    Size 3. They go up to 28lbs and we haven't experienced any issues. We use night time diapers in size 3 and they work fine
  • Options
    We use cloth, but right now my washer is broken so we are in disposables and she's in size 3.  I had a few size 2 leftover from the last emergency pack I had bought, and they fit her just fine, but when I went to buy more I got 3 because that matched her weight.  They seem a little big to me, but she hasn't had any leaks or anything in the couple days she's wearing them.

Sidenote - my washer breaking has made me realize how happy I am we CD...disposables are so effing expensive!  I don't know how you guys do it that have to constantly buy them.  When I was looking at the options at the store, I just kept thinking of how many CDs I could buy for each box of diapers. :)
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers size 1 :)
    I would just keep them I guess if i were you.
  • Options
    pavlovcat said:

I think it's about build as much as size/weight.

Agreed- I think size 1 go up to 12 or 13 lbs. my dd is 14lbs and is very thin so they still fit perfect. The 2's start at 12lbs? I think but slide all over on her because she has chicken legs.
    Definitely take their build into consideration
  • Options
    We went up initially overnight because the bigger sizes hold more urine, another factor.
  • Options
    SidraJedi said:
    DD is in 3's but we might need to buy 4's by her first birthday. For now the 3's fit her just fine.
    This.  Also, it's always good to have a few bigger diapers on hand just in case LO gets a really bad diaper rash.  DD had one just before Christmas and the next size up really helped keep more stuff off her little bum.  
  • Options
    MrsG071809 - LOVE your LO's picture!  Too cute!
  • Options
    Thanks for your input ladies! I think I will just keep the boxes of 4s since she will most likely grow into them in the next year! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DD is in 2. She can still wear 1 but i was stocked up on 2 so we just moved up.shes 13 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"