North Carolina Babies
Options

Hospital Expereinces in Western NC

Hello all!

I am hoping to learn about the expereinces others have had in the Ashville, Hickory, or Gastonia area of NC. I live in Morganton and am hoping to get some good feedback on the different hospitals that are with in an hour drive.

I am hoping to have a natural childbirth and would like to hear feedback especially on hospitals that had a respectful approach to the mothers wishes / birth plan or preferences. Also, what places didn't feel so institutional... Hospitals freak me out in general, so if I could find one that was a bit more homey in the maternity ward that would be super.

Lastly, I am also hoping to hear any info on OB practices that are all female. I dont know if anybody else is uncomfortable with a male other then my husband "in my business", but I'm just not feeling it.

Re: Hospital Expereinces in Western NC

• Options
    The birthing facilities in Gastonia are nice and relatively new. I don't know of anyone who had a negative experience there.

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My experience at Mission Hospital in Asheville was wonderful. The nurses and Dr's are awesome at what they do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Idk how close you are to Hendersonville, but Hendersonville OBGYN is an all women's practice and they work closely with Park Ridge which is an awesome, mom friendly hospital. Mission is also awesome.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would go to Mission since the NICU is best there. You can never be too prepared. Also Biltmore OBGYN is all female. 
  • Options
    I live in Rutherford county and go to Rutherford OBGYN, plan to deliver at Rutherford Regional. I've heard very good things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"