May 2014 Moms
Options

It is Friday, right?? Where are all of the FFFC??

I know someone has to have been naughty!!

Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

Re: It is Friday, right?? Where are all of the FFFC??

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I left my shopping cart in the middle of the Trader Joe's parking lot yesterday. I always try to park next to a cart return but the closest I could get was like 16 spots away. When it came out it was cold and snowing, so no way was I leaving DD in the cart while I unloaded and dragging her to and from the return. And no way in hell was I leaving her alone in the car. So I was that a-hole.

I did this at Lowes yesterday. As I was leaving it started rolling away and some guy took it to the cart return. He gave me a dirty look. I don't feel bad at all.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options

I left my shopping cart in the middle of the Trader Joe's parking lot yesterday. I always try to park next to a cart return but the closest I could get was like 16 spots away. When it came out it was cold and snowing, so no way was I leaving DD in the cart while I unloaded and dragging her to and from the return. And no way in hell was I leaving her alone in the car. So I was that a-hole.

Our Trader Joes only has a cart return by the door. Hobby Lobby has none. I don't know what they expect people with babies/toddlers to do, but I've been in the same predicament several times!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    Dammit ladies! This group is seriously going to drive me to Pop Tart eating!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your saving grace is that it was at Trader Joe's -- I always see employees running the carts in from the parking lot. There's normally a guy that jumps out as me (creep!) as soon as I'm done loading my bags in. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Options
    83edwards said:
    I joined the facebook group. Now I feel all confused and can't keep up with who's who. I can't keep up with all the activity.....FB is not as easy as TB.....

However, I totes am enjoying the stalking of everyone and seeing real pictures :)
    Me too! I am too chicken to send any friend requests, though, because I'm paranoid that I may like some people more than they like me.

In non-FB related confessions...I had two of them yesterday and can't remember them now to save my life. I'll see if they come back to me at some point.
    Yep, same! And it's still sort of overwhelming, but becoming less so now that more people are signing their posts now. 

• Options
    83edwards said:
    last night, at Wal-Mart, I noticed that for the 50th anniversary of Pop-Tarts they have brought back Chocolate vanilla cream pop-tarts. 

This is my favorite flavor and has been discontinued for years.

Of course, this means I bought EVERY.SINGLE.BOX. Yes, literally, I bought all of them.....I plan to eat them all, except for one box which I am going to send to my sister in Abu Dhabi. 

My OB is going to fuss about my weight!
    Thank goodness I read this post b/c it reminded me I have a brand new box of pop tarts in the pantry! I can't wait to put one in the toaster.

On that food related note, my FFFC....
    My 20w OB appt was this past Monday. I cannot tell you how I agonized over my weight gain the entire month of December. I worked out pretty regularly the last 2 weeks and tried to eat good, but definitely indulged on way more cookies and treats than I should have at parties over the holidays. At my appointment, I'd gained 5 lbs since the last appt, BUT the OB said everything looks great and your weight gain is on track. Whaaaaaa? Maybe she misread the numbers. ;)

I promptly had DH take me to Penn Station for a cheese steak on the way home and have been carbing out ever since. I've eaten something bad every day. WTF is wrong with me?!?  And now I still want a pop tart...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dd and I are still laying in bed at almost 10am. She's been asking to go "down down" to the "Chichen" and have a banana for about an hour, but I don't want to get out of bed. So every time she tells me she's hungry, I just offer to nurse instead. So far she's gone for it and is still happy, but I feel guilty that it's this late and she hasn't had breakfast yet.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have total Mommy Guilt that DS is continuing to go to daycare even though I've been pulled from work and I'm home.  Some days I feel totally fine and run errands, clean the house, etc... and feel like I'm such a bad parent for sending him off to someone else.  But then I have a day like yesterday where I sleep all day and end up in LD and remember that I couldn't possibly take care of him alone all day long with the way I feel right now.  Every time I lift him, against doctors orders, I'm afraid will be the time I start to bleed.  Plus, I justify it by reminding myself how much he loves his daycare friends.  HIs routine will be destroyed once LO arrives, so I want him to have as much normalcy as possible right now.  Although the savings from not having a daycare bill would be nice, too....
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:

My FFFC is that I can't remember what my FFFCs were going to be...but I know I had some.

This. I had a good one as recently as yesterday, and now that it's Friday, I have no clue what it was.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I don't think my marriage could survive going 9 months without sex.  We start yelling at one another after 5 or 6 days.  We get really cranky about it really easily.
    Yeah, we're the same, but we've always been this way. I know friends/couples who can and do happily go that long, so it's just different strokes I suppose!  

• Options
    I parked in the "new or expectant mother" parking at the grocery store the other day. I have always felt that these should be reserved for people who are VERY pregnant or have babies but it was freezing and I only needed two things.
  • Options
    mrspopsiclemrspopsicle member
    edited January 2014
    @kitchencolors I always do the same thing. And then I get there and most people tend to be in yoga pants and cute athletic tops. I need better mom clothes. My yoga pants are all old and I don't have any good maternity tops to wear with them that fit over my belly and aren't just baggy old sweatshirts.

ETA: we start baby and me swim lessons on Sunday. I have a maternity suit but I am not looking forward to showing it off!

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    I am overwhelmed by the Facebook group! I would love to spend more time playing on it, but I have been a really bad employee the past two days and I really need to do some work.

I spoke with my mom about my baby shower last night, and gave her a draft invite list, per her request. I made notes on it how most of the people live far away, or are too old, and just wouldn't come. We have a very small family to start with, and I don't have a ton of girlfriends (and they are spread over the country) It made me sad to think there will probably only be a few people there :(
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love my job, it's got awesome benefits and pay, but I would love to SAH with my boys too. I wish I could find a better balance between the two, but part-time isn't really an option.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My sister is pregnant and due in February. A lot of my family members think I should give her all my baby stuff. I am hosting her shower tomorrow and I am having another baby, why do I have to give her my stuff when she is getting all new things. Also she is having a boy and I am having a girl, I don't want to give all of DS' s clothes to her. She isn't respectful of other people's property and I will probably want some of the clothes back.

Oh 1 more thing, I can't find my a/s pictures. I feel like I am not cherishing these pictures as much as I was with DS. I feel horrible about it!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My sister is pregnant and due in February. A lot of my family members think I should give her all my baby stuff. I am hosting her shower tomorrow and I am having another baby, why do I have to give her my stuff when she is getting all new things. Also she is having a boy and I am having a girl, I don't want to give all of DS' s clothes to her. She isn't respectful of other people's property and I will probably want some of the clothes back. Oh 1 more thing, I can't find my a/s pictures. I feel like I am not cherishing these pictures as much as I was with DS. I feel horrible about it!
    Can you just give her the clothes you wouldn't want back? I don't give away ANYTHING that I may want to keep in the future.....but, there are always tons of clothes that I end up donating!
  • Options
    Someone on here yesterday brought up the term mucous plug...I remember cringing whenever i saw the term last time I was pregnant...I cringed when I saw the word yesterday too...don't like the word moist or glisten either...
  • Options
    pandadairpandadair member
    edited January 2014
    I did this at Lowes yesterday. As I was leaving it started rolling away and some guy took it to the cart return. He gave me a dirty look. I don't feel bad at all.
    I was totally the person that gave someone a dirty look and said "Really?" too loudly the other day at Target, when she actually used my back bumper to rest her cart against to keep it from rolling. It's easier to get away with when the person driving the car you're using as a prop isn't walking 10 feet behind you. And this lady's kids were a bit older and it was not bad weather. I just stared at her while she mumbled an apology and walked it the extra 20 ft. to the cart return.

• Options
    i'm afraid i won't be welcome in the FB group. as an infrequent poster, i'm not sure the cool-kids want me there.
  • Options
    @jackdustin the mucus plug and all casual conversations about said plug are revolting %-(
  • Options
    I'm considering buying a britax infant seat even though we have a perfectly good non britax one, just so I can use it on the lower spot on our stroller. That way DD could be on top and sleeping blob can be on he bottom. I should do it,right?
    I think you have to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"