Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Those with one year olds

If you have a 12 month old, are naps at the same time everyday? How many do they take and how many hours?

Re: Those with one year olds

• My DS is 18 mos now, but at a year he took two naps a day, one around 9am and another around 1pm. Each nap was an hour or hour &half in length. His night sleep was 7pm to 6am. He goes to a daycare that follows a schedule so we followed his scheduled nap times on the weekends.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD does 2 naps on the weekend, typically about 2 hours after she wakes in the morning (anywhere from 1-3 hours), and then 2-3 hours after she wakes from her first nap she'll go down for the 2nd (anywhere from 45min-2 hours).  She only naps once at daycare during the week, and they're lucky to get 45 minutes out of her.
  • Loading the player...
  • My 12 month old takes one nap. On weekdays at daycare it's around 12. At home on the weekends it's usually more like 10-1030
  • My guys isn't 1 anymore really but there's one coming right behind.  With DD naps were pretty much the same time every day.  With my 2nd I found I had about a 2 hour range I could start the nap within.  It would be and still is pretty much a solid 2 hours from whenever it started.  With my 3rd he gets a morning and an afternoon.  That's as close to nailing down a time as I've gotten with him.  I expect by 1 year he will be down to 1 nap and it will be in the afternoon because that's when I want it to be.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DS will be 14 months next week but has has the same nap schedule since he was oh, 8-9 months? He naps from 10-noon and then his nighttime sleep is 7-7ish.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is almost 14 months and he is still on a 2-nap schedule.  Most days the naps are around the same time.  He gets up at 7am, first nap between 9:30-10a (naps for 1-1.5 hrs). Second nap between 2:30-3p (naps for 1.5 hrs).
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're at two naps a day - the first is between 9 and 9:30, depending on when he wakes up. The second is around 1:30. Both usually last 60-90 minutes.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DD is 12 months and takes 2 naps. One at 9 am and another at 2 pm, but she has been fighting the first nap so I'm going to move it back another hour and see how she does. She sleep from 7-7:30.

BabyFruit Ticker

• hilsy85hilsy85 member
    edited December 2013
    Lo is 14 months but he's been on 2 naps since about 7 months, and they are at 9am and 2pm, give or take 30 minutes. Each nap is about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Similar to pp my DS is on a 2-2-2 schedule. Sometimes we miss the last nap if it's too close to dinner/bedtime. He normally goes to bed around 6:30-7 and sleeps till about 6-6:30. I think he sleeps so much b/c he's super busy and active while he's awake. As long as he's still sleeping at night, I'm OK with as many naps as he wants to take.
    imageimage
  • At around 12 months - my LOs dropped their afternoon nap but kept their morning nap. They always go down at 1100AM and sleep for 2 hours. Sometimes a little less and occasionally a little more. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD will be 13 months soon and takes 1 nap around 1:00-1:30 for only about an hour (sigh). She wakes at 7AM every morning and goes to bed around 8. Jealous of those that get longer naps/breaks during the day!
  • She's been pretty erratic with her nap schedule the past 2 weeks or so but usually she naps at about 930 for 60-90 minutes and then again around 2 for about 60 minutes. She goes to bed at 6 PM, wakes to nurse around 5 AM and then up for the day around 7 AM.
  • DD is 13 months old.  She gets 2 naps, each 1- 1 1/2 hours long.
    She usually lasts 3 hours until she needs a nap. So 3 hours after she gets up she'll take her first nap (around 10:30), and then goes down again 3 hours after waking from that nap (so usually around 2:30/3). Then she goes to bed at 7:30/8 and is up at 7/7:30am.
  • DS naps at approximately 10a and 2p, for ~45 minutes (although sometimes as long as 90, like right now!). It's somewhat variable but tends to fit roughly around that schedule.
  • Approximately the same time. My son takes a short one (maybe 30-45 mins) in the morning around 10:30 or 11, and then a longer one (a couple hours) in late afternoon/early evening.

Sometimes this pattern changes up but this is the basic pattern.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD has no real nap schedule. Some weeks she takes two, others one. It's because of my work schedule that her naps aren't consistent because her bedtime isn't consistent. I do a switching shift week by week and she goes to bed early one week and late the next.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter is 12 months old and we've had our share of sleep issues. One thing that has pretty much stayed the same, though,  is her nap schedule. Regardless of what time she actually wakes up, she's ready for her first nap of the day two hours after she wakes up. Usually, she takes an afternoon nap around 4 or 5. Both naps are at least half an hour. She goes to sleep around 10 pm because of my work schedule. 
  • At 12 months, DS still took two naps a day, at relatively the same time every day.  But from 12 - 14 months was a transition time for him, where his naps got more irregular and he transitioned to one nap a day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"