May 2014 Moms

What's your poison?

2»

Re: What's your poison?

• I may (probably?) have too many to list!  I prefer beer and wine over liquor drinks.  Sometimes I get on a vodka tonic kick.  If I drink to much beer, I have been known to drink whatever shots I'm handed (yeah, I'm classy like that!) 
    As far as beer is concerned, in the spring/summer I drink Blue Moon or Shock Top, in the fall I drink any kind of Octoberfest but my fav is Sam Adams.  During the winter, I get on a Guinness kick, but sometimes get a Black Velvet, half Guinness/half hard cider.  If my DH is making me split buckets with him, its Yuengling.  
    Wine- anything but pink wine!  I love all kinds of Sangria! 
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Aguardiente. Which is kind of like Turkish Raki (anise liquor). With my Dominican inlaws. Usually ends in some Spanglish karaoke.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • mrtmrt member
    This summer I was drinking a lot of cider (usually strongbow)mixed with a lager (usually harp). Sam summer is my favorite beer. Jack Daniels with anything or just Jack Daniels. In the fall Jack Daniels with apple cider(not hard) is fantastic.
  • Mmm...I'll take a Mexican Martini from either Trudy's or Chuy's here in Austin.  Or, a margarita on the rocks with salt....or and ice cold Shiner Bock.  May can't get here soon enough!!
  • Red wine, vodka, mimosas with brunch, yagermeister. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As corny as it sounds, I love Sloe Comfortable Screws against a Wall with a Kiss.

It's sloe gin, southern comfort, orange juice and vodka (screwdriver), Harvey Wallbanger, and a splash of grenadine. It tastes sweet like a fufu drink but has enough alcohol to give you a great buzz after only a couple. We order them at the club during $2 u call its and it proves to be a fun night without spending a ton on drinks.

Also love me some Cherry Bombs!

• I really wanted a cranberry vodka yesterday. I like to make mixed drinks. But, my fav drink is whiskey. Mixed or straight. Yum!
  • I'm with you @candrew05. BEER ME. My husband has been so nice to refrain from drinking at home while I'm pregnant so far. But I've really been wanting beer lately. Blue moon, shocktop, anything. One of my favorites is Sam Adams cherry wheat. Today at the grocery store I decided to buy a 6 pack so I can make homemade beer bread (so easy!) and it's taking a lot of willpower not to drink one. Ha! But the good thing is the bread will taste like the flavor beer I bought. I can't wait to enjoy it.

Also I love red wine and a good dirty martini, but I usually don't crave them like I do beer. :P

Ahh I love beer bread! I use my granny's recipe. Enjoy!
  • I had bought a bottle of Three Olives "Purple" Vodka the week before I found out I was pregnant, and had 1 drink with it, and it's been staring at me since, just sitting in my freezer. I normally pair it with Sprite and keep it simple. Seriously tastes like candy and has a really cool color to it. I also had a bottle of Moscato that I hadn't finished, but dumped it out, so I can't wait to be able to have some this summer. I found a recipe for a Moscato sangria on Pinterest and I want to make it for a barbecue or something so bad. Also a good Captain and Coke. Yum. My hubby had a couple on New Years Eve and I was so jealous.
  • Fountain Coca-Cola over lots of ice. I'm hard-core.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Hard cider, blue moon, boulevard, sweet tea vodka and lemonade.

I had a root beer float last night. It was delicious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Wine (summer-white, winter-red), whiskey, tequila, and beer. I have been craving beer for the past few weeks. I had a sip of my dad's Heineken at Christmas, but it didn't satisfy the craving. 
  • On a cold night like this, I could go for either a glass of Pinot noir, or a hot toddie with scotch. I miss beer sometimes, too, but usually that's a summer thing for me.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I had bought a bottle of Three Olives "Purple" Vodka the week before I found out I was pregnant, and had 1 drink with it, and it's been staring at me since, just sitting in my freezer. I normally pair it with Sprite and keep it simple. Seriously tastes like candy and has a really cool color to it. I also had a bottle of Moscato that I hadn't finished, but dumped it out, so I can't wait to be able to have some this summer. I found a recipe for a Moscato sangria on Pinterest and I want to make it for a barbecue or something so bad. Also a good Captain and Coke. Yum. My hubby had a couple on New Years Eve and I was so jealous.

Three olives purple is SO GOOD. I totally forgot abou vodka in my last post. I <3 vodka.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I like beer and whiskey and cokes.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Why is the rum gone?!?! It makes all my drinks less happy. Lol that sounds terrible, but I miss it especially when DH is traveling and I'm single parenting. I'm a terrible single parent without a drink to chill out on after bedtime. Toddlers are hard, y'all!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gimme all the strawberitas
  • Late to the party! Shots of patron! (I also enjoy vodka and cranberry, and various other fruity drinks). I'm very select about my wine, but love Rosa Regale.

• tbiscuit18tbiscuit18 member
    edited January 2014
  • Anyone had Deep Eddy's Grapefruit? Uh, yum!

Otherwise, red wine. Cab Sav. Summer. Spring. Winter. Fall. Morning. Whatever.

I'm kidding. Mostly.
  • Right before i got pregnant, i was introduced to Apple Pie Moonshine. Oh.my.god. HEAVEN.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

• Red wine, for sure.  I miss it!!  I'm also really looking forward to a nice, light beer this summer.  Maybe a blue moon...

• KBowen715 said:
    Anyone had Deep Eddy's Grapefruit? Uh, yum! Otherwise, red wine. Cab Sav. Summer. Spring. Winter. Fall. Morning. Whatever. I'm kidding. Mostly.

YES.

I finally found a place that carried it, bought a bottle, and had two cocktails from it.

then i found out i was pregnant a week later, so it sits in our booze rack taunting me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband's latest batch of homebrew is really good and my batch of mead is patiently waiting for me to crack into it in May.  I really miss Ghost Drifter Pale Ale from the brewery that's within walking distance of my house.  And scotch.  My husband got a gift pack of Glenlivet with bottles of 12, 15, and 18 year in it and I'm SO jealous.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • ....sometimes I just smell it and pretend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"