Options

Crafty moms: what are you working on?

Bonus points for pics or links!
BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crafty moms: what are you working on?

• Options
    Right now I'm crocheting a blanket for DD's big girl room. 
    I also just bought fabric for the nursery to get a new crib skirt and valances - Since the baby is just moving into that room and DD is getting a whole new room, I wanted the nursery to get a minor facelift.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm the worst. The only thing I'm working on is getting to the craft store. I love sewing, and have so many cute ideas, but I haven't made a thing since morning sickness kicked my ass back in the fall. I can't wait to get some ideas from everyone!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ebox322 said:
    I just got some retired Heather Bailey fabric in that I hunted down. I'm so excited that I found it I don't know what I want to make with it. It's the basis for how I want to do baby's room :) I'm think decorative pillow and a quilt to start. I first saw it in this nursery as the bumpers but I'm not a bumper kinda girl. It's the rose fabric in the bottom picture.

I love this!

• Options
    I made DD a pillowcase dress last night and have fabric ready to make her a swing top and bloomer set. Too bad it will be months before she can wear it! I am at a loss for boy ideas, besides stuff like bibs and burp cloths.

• Options
    Painted some wooden stars for the nursery and started painting his initials to hang on the wall. I'll take a pic when it's done :)
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited January 2014
    NOTHING! I need ideas.

I want to take a crochet and/or knitting class at the local craft store. Maybe I'll look into the schedule soon. I also need to clean up my craft room, get it functional again, set up our sewing machine, and learn how to use that.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options

I made DD a pillowcase dress last night and have fabric ready to make her a swing top and bloomer set. Too bad it will be months before she can wear it! I am at a loss for boy ideas, besides stuff like bibs and burp cloths.

I know boys are hard when it comes to being crafty. I hate making pants/shorts and everything has to be so much more tailored! Can't hide my mistakes in a collared shirt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know boys are hard when it comes to being crafty. I hate making pants/shorts and everything has to be so much more tailored! Can't hide my mistakes in a collared shirt.
    I've been looking for ideas for the 736452 plain white onesies we somehow ended up with. I already did a bow tie/suspenders one, but I could do one in each size I suppose!

• Options
    So many fabric crafters! Jealous of all of you- fabric and I don't get along.  I do a lot of paper and vinyl crafting.  I have a small business selling my stuff so I'm always working on something... I've been up to my eyeballs in ornaments lately but here's a family subway art I worked on:

BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    Oh boy, I've been working on a lot.  I made a blanket, pillows, valence, and crib skirt so far for the nursery.  I'm also making a basket liner, boppy cover, and some wall artwork that is not done yet.  I also made a subway art sign and had it printed as a wall art on shutterfly.  I made a carseat cover and matching blanket that goes with the car seat and stroller.  I also made a bib/birp cloth set from a little boys shirt.  I used all online tutorials for the stuff I've made, so I'd be happy to share them if anyone wants them. 

You've been productive! I spend way too much time window shopping for fabric.

• Options
    I am not so crafty as you guys. My sister in law talked me into cross stitching years ago with her. I ended up making a blanket and giving it to DD. I've been working on one for this baby and while it takes no creativity it's the best I can do.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh man, I've been putting off making #2 a quilt until after the holidays. Guess I should get on it. Same pattern as DS's just different colors.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    I am totally jealous of those who can sew! I can paint though, and I just finished five large trees in the nursery. I already posted a pic. I plan to name this baby soon, so I can't paint letters for his room!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I like to play with sticks and yarn.

Baby has a small wardrobe of cute tops, booties, and hats, a painfully cute cashmere sparkle dress, and a pile of baby blankets I've made over the years. This child will never be cold. Lets see if a picture off ravelry will post from my mobile. A grey alpaca bootie/hat set, newborn sized.

Current project is really boring to show off just yet- I'm making another blanket, this one knit (all the other blankets are crochet so far) with a large center of diagonal garter stitch (booooooring, but its so squishy soft) and once I've got the center done I'll be doing a ruffle border with maybe some lace work. 

But I do like showing off, so here's my ravelry projects page with more crochet/knit fun. I really need to update it with all the stuff I've made since getting pregnant this time :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    I'm working on a counted cross-stitch Christmas stocking for my daughter.  I finally finished the base stitching and I'm now working on the accent and top stitching.  

I've also been making a ton of wool diaper covers, enough that I don't know what to do with them now.  I think I'm going to start selling them and donate the proceeds to charities.  I'm trying to come up with a name for the label now.  Right now my front runner is "Ravel with a Cause,"  but I don't know if the references are too obscure.  I'm thinking the logo would be a sheep in a leather jacket and sunglasses riding a tricycle.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    softservecitysoftservecity member
    edited January 2014
    Haven't started but on my to do list (and shopping for next weekend):
    1. Minky blanket for LO
    2. Bow/headband holder (Pinterest find!)
    3. Crocheted chevron baby blanket (maybe)

Edit:iPad fail
  • Options
    I made a few Christmas presents this year. I was tired of buying clothes for my teenage nieces, so I made one a cosmetics/toiletries bag (https://dragoknit.blogspot.com/2007/02/box-bag-tutorial.html  The tutorial is not great. If you use it, be aware the the zipper goes on the 12" side - something the author failed to mention.)  and heatproof holder for her hair straightener (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236665.0#axzz2paJUtmPL - I'll admit, my mom mainly did this one for me!).
    I made my other niece, who had just gotten a loft bed, this hanging bed organizer. It was a really fun project, and I'm happy with how it turned out. https://www.sewmamasew.com/2008/09/sewing-for-the-home-hanging-bed-organizer/  If you try the tutorial, just notice that buying that amount of regular 42"-wide fabric will not give you enough. I had to improvise a little because of that. Also, you'd want something like 1/2" binding tape. I didn't look at the width of mine and ended up ironing most of it in half to make it look right.
    I made 2 fleece soakers from Katrina's free pattern for a pregnant friend who is planning to CD. When I get my serger fixed I plan to make her a bunch of flannel wipes. I may also try making some fleece longies for DD and the baby.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    Ya'll are inspiring. ..I am going to dig that sewing machine I asked for but never learned to use back in 2009 out and get busy!
  • Options
    @ckandi007 dang you go girl!!! Love the quilts, I just recently jumped into the world of quilting about 8 months ago and I definitely want to make one for this little lady!

I've found a ton of crib sheet tutorials that make it look so easy, I'm going to take the plunge and make one soon but it looks like it could be a total PITA!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ebox322 - I've been wanting to make a quilt for so long! So I took advantage of the holidays and with DH being home so he could watch DS for a bit. There have been a lot of late nights! I also got a new sewing machine since my old one was driving me absolutely bonkers. 

Crib sheets aren't bad! The worst part is threading the elastic with the pin though I've seen tutorials where you can buy elastic bias tape (or something similar) and just sew it to the edge.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    Oh wait. Pics to collect my bonus points.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Valentine's Day wreath -- nothing baby-related. I just can't bring myself to break out the sewing machine.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    @ckandi007 - did you use an online tutorial for your changing pad cover? 
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • Options
    I have been working a felt mobile for my son's elephant nursery. Next on my to do list is:

1. Crib Skirt
    2. Changing Pad Cover
    3. Curtains
    4. Crib Sheets

I found some great fabric at JoAnn's over the weekend that I'm looking forward to using in the crib skirt and changing pad cover. 
  • Options
    Right now I've been working on finishing up a lot of crochet blankets and projects for other people so when I'm ready to start for this baby (been putting it off thanks to PGAL) I'll be free to do it.

I've done 2/3 baby blankets and 1/2 booties.

I'm still trying to decide what pattern to do for my own baby.

I'm also wanting to do some sewing, make a change pad cover, some cloths and diaper covers. Waiting to see if my mom gets the serger she keeps talking about first though.
    TTC since August 2011
    Cycle 8,9,10 - 50mg Clomid - BFN
    Cycle 11, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#1- BFP 2/23/13 - m/c 4/2/13 @ 9w2d
    Cycle 13, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#2 - BFP 6/27/13 - CP
    Surprise Natural BFP 9/9/13 - Welcomed baby boy May 25, 2014
    TTC Buddies with *noelcallum* - Congratulations!
    Knottie Besties with *SparklingDiamond* - Congratulations!
  • Options
    I'm working on a counted cross-stitch Christmas stocking for my daughter.  I finally finished the base stitching and I'm now working on the accent and top stitching.  

I've also been making a ton of wool diaper covers, enough that I don't know what to do with them now.  I think I'm going to start selling them and donate the proceeds to charities.  I'm trying to come up with a name for the label now.  Right now my front runner is "Ravel with a Cause,"  but I don't know if the references are too obscure.  I'm thinking the logo would be a sheep in a leather jacket and sunglasses riding a tricycle.  
    I'm interested in doing this but if you decide to sell some of yours let me know as I'll probably never actually get around to it.
    Did you use a specific pattern or tutorial??
    TTC since August 2011
    Cycle 8,9,10 - 50mg Clomid - BFN
    Cycle 11, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#1- BFP 2/23/13 - m/c 4/2/13 @ 9w2d
    Cycle 13, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#2 - BFP 6/27/13 - CP
    Surprise Natural BFP 9/9/13 - Welcomed baby boy May 25, 2014
    TTC Buddies with *noelcallum* - Congratulations!
    Knottie Besties with *SparklingDiamond* - Congratulations!
  • Options
    DH and I are making a paper airplane mobile which I'm hoping will be adorable we picked out really cute paper for the planes and they will hang from a decorated hoop. We're also refinishing a family heirloom high chair originally my mom's from 1964 I'll only be doing the food tray (sanding then using butcher block oil to make it food-safe for cutting on the surface) adding a foot block, installing a safety harness and cushion. I plan to make a set of rainbow wooden blocks and some yarn balls to hang once I move on from these projects.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten around to the baby's stuff yet, but I've been sewing a couple of those grain bags. You know, the kind you can microwave and use as a heating pad during labour!? Besides that, just a couple of cushion covers. Just simple projects. But I plan on sewing a couple of recieving blankets and would love to get into quilting as well. You ladies inspire me :)
  • Options
    kristine526kristine526 member
    edited January 2014
    Oh boy, I've been working on a lot.  I made a blanket, pillows, valence, and crib skirt so far for the nursery.  I'm also making a basket liner, boppy cover, and some wall artwork that is not done yet.  I also made a subway art sign and had it printed as a wall art on shutterfly.  I made a carseat cover and matching blanket that goes with the car seat and stroller.  I also made a bib/birp cloth set from a little boys shirt.  I used all online tutorials for the stuff I've made, so I'd be happy to share them if anyone wants them. 

Annnnnnnndddd I'm a slacker. I made a taggie blanket and a car seat blanket. I'm currently working on crocheting a blanket for BFF's little girl due in April, as well as a car seat blanket and canopy for her. I have fabric, so I need to make a new snoogle cover as well. My cover sucks.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Do you guys buy fabric online? If so where?

My MIL is making sheets and stuff but I need to find fabric that I like and I didnt see anything at Joanne's or Hobby Lobby.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @megmegs - I used this tutorial for the changing pad and then added an accent piece w/ a zig zag stitch. It's pretty much a smaller version of the crib sheet!

my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    Do you guys buy fabric online? If so where? My MIL is making sheets and stuff but I need to find fabric that I like and I didnt see anything at Joanne's or Hobby Lobby.

For browsing, I like to check out the new releases on Fabricworm or browse by theme on Hawthorne Threads (also love that you can look for coordinating fabrics by clicking on color swatches from a print you like). I usually shop around for the best price once I find something I want. The nursery fabric I ordered was from Fabric.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"