May 2014 Moms
Options

Maternity shoots

Anyone doing them? I know it's a smidge early, but while at a good friend's home for lunch today she snuck us off to her little studio and posed some shots. I'm gonna go all AW here and share one. I typically thought maternity shots were silly, as I would rather pay to have pictures of the baby and not my fat face.... But this made me all kinds of warm and fuzzy.

Re: Maternity shoots

• Options
    We did with DS and I'd like to do it again with this one and include him. I loved mine with him but we also had a good family friend do them and she is so creative and great at what she does. You could tell towards the end that I was hot and kinda over it but I cherish those pictures (especially since they were before the stretch marks set in ;) )
  • Options
    MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited January 2014
    We did them with DD but I'm not sure we will this time. I got them for free before because my friend was trying to build her portfolio. I'd rather save my money for newborn shots.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aunt does some photography here and there. I'm going to ask her if she will be willing to do maternity shots for me. I love them I think they are so beautiful
  • Options
    I want to. Trying to figure out when my belly will be an awesome size to do it. I don't want it to be humongous or still itty-bitty.
  • Options
    My sister's SIL does newborn and maternity professionally, and she offered to come take pics for free when I'm home to visit. I'm pretty excited!
  • Options
    Yeah, thankfully these ones were just free. She was chomping at the bit to get some pictures of me and wants to do more as the bump progresses... Although we will see just how comfortable I am then haha
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2014
    I didn't do it last time and don't intend to this time. Just NMS, but to each his own. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I want some, the fully clothed kind. I can't imagine using anyone other than the photographer who did our engagement and wedding pics. I just love her. It all depends on how much she charges!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We did with DS and we will again this time.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options

I want to. Trying to figure out when my belly will be an awesome size to do it. I don't want it to be humongous or still itty-bitty.

Just as an example this was me at 33 weeks with DS. By 35 weeks I was pretty huge and had a hard time moving around too much. Our photog recommends 30-35 weeks I think. I forget.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    jjh471jjh471 member
    edited January 2014
    I do photography on the side I tell my clients between, 30-35 weeks as well. My friend also does pictures. She tool a few cute bump pics for our Xmas card and for us to have. I'll probably have her do them around 30 weeks. :) oh my god that's in nine weeks. :-SS
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    I did some with DS and even though they turned out sorta cheesy I am glad I documented that time in our lives. I'll probably do them this time around too but am going to go for a more natural shoot--others were very "studio."
  • Options
    I plan to! We did them over our babymoon in Hawaii last time. Hoping to plan it out with the cherry blossoms in DC this year.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    Yes yes yes yes! We most definitely will!
  • Options
    With DS my parents did a few shots for us on my fancy camera. This time the photographer we use for all DS's pics (he was our wedding photog) will be doing a combo maternity and 5 year birthday pictures. I will be about 26 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I do mine quite late compared to most of you.. My first pregnancy I did it at 36 weeks(blonde) and my second I did at 37 weeks and I will probably do the same with this one maybe around 36 because I've never gone past 38+1 I get a great deal from the photographer from my parents wedding a few years ago he did my last pregnancy plus our infant shoot and I love how he works
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    danabsd said:
    I didn't do it last time and don't intend to this time. Just NMS, but to each his own. :)
    Same for me :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine does photography on the side and offered to do them for me. I will be taking her up on that. She's moving out of province very soon so we'll probably do them when she comes home for Easter.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have done them w/ DD1 but my photog friend insisted.  I'm glad I have them but I don't display them. 

For DD2 this time, the maternity session is included in the newborn session fee and I'd like to have them for fairness sake since I have them for DD1 (probably silly /shrug).  I also like maternity shoots that include the older sibling(s) so I'm looking forward to it as more of a family shoot this time around.
  • Options

I wouldn't have done them w/ DD1 but my photog friend insisted.  I'm glad I have them but I don't display them. 

For DD2 this time, the maternity session is included in the newborn session fee and I'd like to have them for fairness sake since I have them for DD1 (probably silly /shrug).  I also like maternity shoots that include the older sibling(s) so I'm looking forward to it as more of a family shoot this time around.

I think it will be more fun this time around since we have DS in the pics. I felt a little awkward with just DH and I last time!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"