Virginia Babies
Options

Looking for Custom Cake Bakery near Fredericksburg, VA

Hi ladies!

We are throwing my sister her baby shower at the Kenmore Inn in Fredericksburg.  We are looking for someone to do a custom cake for the shower.  She is having twins so the theme is "Thing 1 Thing 2".  The rest of the family is from NY and FL so we aren't familiar with bakers in the area.  Kenmore recommended Fat Girl Cakes, but they aren't accepting orders for the weekend of the shower.

Thanks so much for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for Custom Cake Bakery near Fredericksburg, VA

• Options
    I would try Sweet Reasons!
  • Options
    Whatever you do, steer clear of "The Icing" in Stafford. She did our wedding cake back in 2010 and it was a disaster. I paid $700 for a cake that she let an amateur in her kitchen do the night/morning before the wedding, and it was literally crumbling at the seams where the tiers met by the time I got to our reception venue and saw it. After admitting she screwed up our cake, she then refused to refund me any money or make any restitution. It was a nightmare. :(

Too bad Fat Girl Cakes isn't taking orders! She did cupcakes for my baby shower thrown for me by a friend, and she did my son's first birthday cake, and my niece's first birthday cake - all of which were fantastic.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Steer clear of Cakes by Nancy. Horrible product and even worse customer service.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"