Potty Training

Working moms and potty training

My 2 1/2 year old has suddenly taken a huge interest in the potty, she puts the dolls on the potty, she likes to sit on her potty but hasn't done anything yet. However, I'm nervous starting to potty train her because she's in day care and I don't want whatever I do on the weekend to be undone while at daycare. What is some advice other working moms have done to try and potty train. 

Also, I don't even know where to start, there are a million methods out there and I just don't know which ones are worth my time and which ones aren't?

Any advice would be very helpful, I'd love to have her potty trained before her brother gets here in May....

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working moms and potty training

• Your daycare should work on this with her as well while she is there. You can't just do it at home and have them not doing anything there. Any good daycare that has toddlers should do this when the child is ready.Have you spoken to them about starting potty training? I work as a nurse and work crazy long shifts. The daycare spoke to me one day and said my DS was showing interest in potty training and they would like to start and see how it goes. I would speak to the teacher and get on the same page.
  • Thanks, that's what I thought I just wanted to be sure. We've been home since before Christmas and she didn't show interest in the potty until New Year's Day, literally she was insane about the potty, and we won't go back until at least Tuesday (thank you so storm and cold).

thanks so much for your advice. 

• Loading the player...
  • Our daycare said that we have to initiate it at home, and they'll solidify it once he's got the basics.  We did the 3 day method (more like 6) over the holidays and it went super well.  So far so good at daycare too.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• We started on a Saturday and by Monday he was well on his way. You just want to make sure your daycare provider is on board to help.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Thank you all for your help, I think we'll start during Spring Break that way I've got some time with her and she'll be closer to 3. Thanks a bunch. We'll be back when the process becomes started. 

• Thank you all for your help, I think we'll start during Spring Break that way I've got some time with her and she'll be closer to 3. Thanks a bunch. We'll be back when the process becomes started. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"