January 2013 Moms
Options

Feeding bigger chunks of food

DD loves food but we didn't do BLW so she's been getting pretty small chunks of food. I tried giving her slices of avocado and "sticks" of cheese but she shoves the whole thing in her mouth. 

Should I keep offering slices assuming that she'll figure it out? Stick with smaller chunks for the time being? Teach her how to eat properly?

Re: Feeding bigger chunks of food

• Options
    I think it depends on the baby. My LO gets really nervous and frustrated if I give her a big slice or piece of food. She has chocked twice (not gag) on food so I decided just to do small pieces for now. We will try again later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do blw either and I'm trying different sizes all the time. At first I would cut blueberries in half and now he is good with a whole one. Raspberries I still tear in half and he adores pancakes so I usually cut them in strips but then tear a strip up into 3 or 4 chunks and give it one strip at a time. As others have said I need to give only a bit at a time or he will just ram his mouth full.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has almost regressed with eating, he is so picky all of the sudden and things he would eat weeks ago he will no longer. I think it's a combination of teething and his cold. I hope he snaps back soon. He needs to eat his veggies and that is one thing he isn't good at eating right now. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Dd doesn't do well with bigger pieces. Like an animal cracker she'll shove the whole thing in her mouth. But if it's too big to fit the whole thing in, like a piece of toast, she'll take small bites. I'm hoping the real big things will eventually get her used to taking bites.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"