July 2014 Moms

Tummy Touchers...grrrrrr

2»

Re: Tummy Touchers...grrrrrr

• My parents started patting my belly today and they said, "it feels different!" I think my blump is turning less bloaty and more bumpy. They don't bother me. I know that when I announce it to my students in the next couple of weeks they will flip out and be all over me. Some of them already hug me and rub my belly anyways! They're only fourth graders so it's sweet. I'm mostly worried about the old ladies at church getting too touchy.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Oh besides DH & DD I add little students to the list of ok. With DD I subbed in the same kindergarten room like all the time. Those kids loved to come up and give me and baby hugs. It was more hugs than pats, but I thought it was sweet. 

I've never had a stranger try, but maybe I just give off that vibe of don't even think about it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • It's worse this time around. My mil was so good last time about respecting my space. This time, she patted my fat two minutes after she found out. Not cool. I'm totally fine once it's hard baby belly, but for me, that takes a while to happen.
  • Yes, My MIL did the other day, and Im only 11 weeks, not even showing really yet. I was sooo close to like patting her hand away and saying don't touch me.. I refrained cuz I didn't want to offend her. But seriously a HUGE pet peeve!
  • IM SERIOUS ABOUT PERSONAL SPACE i  SOMETIMES DONT EVEN LIKE IT WHEN MY hUASBAND DOES IT. If anyone touches me I'll probally tell em to stop, 

opps caps to lazy to change the first part... sorry ;) 
    Elijah James Due July 14
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Omg!!! I just had my first unsolicited tummy touch from an acquaintance and was so stunned. I'm 14 weeks and just starting to show, but my stomach isn't that big yet. I just couldn't believe how aggressive it was. I jumped on line to see if anyone else has been experiencing this yet and I'm
    Grateful to have found this thread.

I am a naturally affectionate person with people I know well (family and friends) but an acquaintance or stranger touching me is off limits.

After reading your posts I might pat some people back. Or give them a look or yell at them! I was just so stunned I did nothing this time. Next time I'll be more prepared. Thanks ladies!
  • Yesterday was the first time I had seen DHs family since Christmas. His mom and grandmother both rubbed my belly. His Abuelita will rub it, pray, and do the cross on it everytime she sees me from now on.

Since it's family it doesn't really bother me. They were like this with DD. I appreciate their excitement. Now if it was anybody other then immediate family or my bestie I would probably tell them to back the fuck off.
  • I don't even want to know what I will do if/when a stranger tries to touch my belly. Buuuuut I'm a very snuggly, touchy, affectionate person so I'm all for belly rubs. It hasn't happened yet, it would be weird until I'm at least a little showing haha
  • AthenanolenAthenanolen member
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind it. People I don't know very well, friends, DH, anyone can touch as long as it's not ridiculous or hurting I guess (haven't been in that situation). I also like when people say I'm showing but only because I don't feel fat... I feel pregnant. So then I dont feel so bad about the blump!
  • If you didn't put it there, don't touch it!

A girl that i used to work with who we jokingly called the baby whisperer a d my mom were the only ones other than DH who got to rub my belly when I was pg with DS.
    The coworker rubbed my belly and told baby "you can come out now-your mommy is ready for you." i was 37w4d at the time and thought nothing of it, until my water broke a couple hrs later, and just a few short hrs after that he was in my arms. Crazy.
    When I told mom about this pregnancy, she reached a hand out and I jumped back about 3 feet before she could make contact. I was only 7 weeks at the time. I'm 14w3d now and still not showing, so it's not like there was anything for her to touch. I'm definitely feeling more "hands-off" this pregnancy, other than with DH.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"