October 2013 Moms
Options

Weight loss

Anyone else lose a lot of weight since breastfeeding?
I was sick after we got home from the hospital (throwing up for 4days) so lost all of my baby weight then. But I have lost more weight (10lbs) since and not exercising.

Should I call my doctor? She checked my thyroid at my 6week appointment and it was fine.

Could it be from breastfeeding? I know I am not eating as much as I should. Just get busy with babes sometimes n don't get a chance too
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight loss

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, don't kill me. I am 1.5lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I haven't done squat but sit on the couch, BF and eat for nine weeks. I have actually had a hard time eating enough. I had no appetite for several weeks PP and now I just get distracted or busy. I really don't have much weight to lose and I worry about my supply at times.

• Options

Ok, don't kill me. I am 1.5lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I haven't done squat but sit on the couch, BF and eat for nine weeks. I have actually had a hard time eating enough. I had no appetite for several weeks PP and now I just get distracted or busy. I really don't have much weight to lose and I worry about my supply at times.

Yeah I worry about what I eat a lot because i worry it will give gas to my Babe.

• Options
    megs1409 said:

I can't stop buying (and consuming the entire package all.by.myself) winter Oreos.

This. Although its the mint ones for me
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options
    NRyan55 said:

@sleepy33 I am LOLing at BFallthethings! I am imagining you in a sleep deprived state trying to BF random things in your home.
    #iamveryliteral

I was JUST thinking that myself! Ha ha
  • Options
    Lol..
    No my tits weren't perky and my ass didn't look great

Sorry ladies shouldn't of posted this
  • Options
    NRyan55 said:
    @sleepy33 I am LOLing at BFallthethings! I am imagining you in a sleep deprived state trying to BF random things in your home. #iamveryliteral
    So far, I haven't tried to make the dog quit barking by shoving a boob in her mouth or anything. But I can't rule anything out under extreme sleep deprivation.

#howelseamIgoingtoloseallthisweight #needmorethingstoBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    What a horrible problem to have! SMH.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I'm annoyed.
  • Options
    Where is Kim when we need her???

@yesthisisKim ...
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• Options

Obviously, I avoided this thread when it first went up with good reason. 

OP...

Game, blouses!
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    NRyan55 said:
    @sleepy33 I am LOLing at BFallthethings! I am imagining you in a sleep deprived state trying to BF random things in your home. #iamveryliteral
    So far, I haven't tried to make the dog quit barking by shoving a boob in her mouth or anything. But I can't rule anything out under extreme sleep deprivation.

#howelseamIgoingtoloseallthisweight #needmorethingstoBF

Funny you should mention the dog....had a dream this morning that I was so full of breast milk and LO wouldn't take the boob, so I bfed the dog instead! I was so weirded out...and yeah, only in my dreams do I make enough milk like that!
  • Options

Not snarking--but I am thoroughly confused..

On one hand, you say you aren't doing anything except sitting on the couch and eating all day--and yet you are worried because you are still losing weight and worrying about supply.

On the other hand, you acknowledge that you know you are not eating enough because you are so distracted or busy? So you aren't just sitting on the couch eating all day?

If you are eating 2500+ calories a day and still losing drastic amounts of weight, yes your thyroid could be screwed up. This happened to one of my friends and she was a sweaty, anxious, scary skinny mess for about 6 months post partum until she figured out what was going on.

But if you are seriously concerned, I would first examine which story from above is more accurate (pigging out on the couch all day while doing nothing but Bf-ing or no appetite and never eating because you get distracted or busy) is more accurate and then proceed from there on how to best help your supply.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"