3rd Trimester
Options

Dr. Appt wk. 36-40

I have my first official weekly OB appt. today, which starts the "labor talks".. I'm not really sure what happens at these appointments, but how are they different? I know it will be more specific then the previous appointments, but does she check dilation and stuff at every one?

I ask, because my husband usually goes with me, and I don't want him to caught off guard
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. Appt wk. 36-40

• Options
    At mine, they did internal checks. I tried to request not to have them, but my doctor told me they were required. Blah blah blah. IF you're not comfortable with it, say no. Do some research on it. I did not have blood drawn. I got my whooping cough vaccination, and I also had to schedule my c-sec due to baby not growing as they liked her to be. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    With my first two pregnancies they started to check for dilation at 36 & 37 weeks.  We moved and I have a new doctor for this pregnancy who didn't check my dilation until 38 weeks.  

I did have the strep test at 37 weeks.  Other than that the appts are the same.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing too different from before...and my OB doesn't check for dilation b/c it's not going to change anything. He will check if I want him to, otherwise he will wait til 40wks to decide whether to induce or wait another week. My 38wk appointment today was less than 10mins...super quick since I asked a bunch of questions last week and I couldn't think of anything else for this week.
  • Options
    From what I remember the only thing that was different was my Dr started doing internal exams. Besides that, I don't think anything else.
  • Options
    I just have a midwife, but nothing different at all. Monday will be my 40w, and we will do a stretch and sweep, but I have had no internals yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"