Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NBR: New year, New hair!

I have an appointment with my hair girl Thursday afternoon......I have been growing my hair out for a couple years now & I find that it's in a pony tail every day......so what's the point in letting it grow out?! 

I have super thick, naturally curly hair. It's a bitch to maintain when it's long, so I prefer it short. 

What about you gals? Do you like your hair? How do you keep it cut / styled?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NBR: New year, New hair!

• Options
    I just recently chopped 7 inches off of mine and love it. It is at my hairline :)
  • Options
    @babybunny91 - that's awesome! Good for you! If I chop this mop off my head, I think it'll be about 7 inches, also! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have super thick wavy hair as well, and i usually keep it around shoulder length. However, Ive been growing it out for about a year (after going like chin length short). Its almost boob length now and I am loving it, I can actually curl it with a curling iron now without ending up with a fro!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had super thick curly, long hair until about a week ago. It was down to my waist, and since my usual outfit consists of a knee length skirt and a sweater set, I kept getting mistaken for a fundamentalist. I got about 6 inches cut off and she cut layers into it. Its wonderful! Having curly hair makes it hard to do anything new and exciting, hair style wise, because I don't straighten my hair. But the layers are nice because they allow my curl to be awesome and it makes my hair feel lighter.
    TTC #1 since 6/2013
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My hair grows like crazy. I'm thinking of getting it cut before we leave for vacation Friday, I've got a ton of split ends anyway. I want layers this time maybe
  • Options
    I also have super thick and curly hair, I tend to put it in a ponytail most days because having it down usually results in knots and snags. In the Spring I cut it chin length. I'm terrible with styling it. It never behaves and does what it's supposed to. I feel like I need a personal daily hair stylist (ladies maid?) to get it to actually style correctly.
    I would love one of my own....! 

I can't cut mine to chin length...I end up looking like Sideshow Bob. It turns into a damned triangle.
    It kinda looks like this if I'm not careful......

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I like to keep changing up my hair cut and style. I've had it short, long, layered, with bangs and without... for about two months my freshman year of college I even dyed my hair purple.

Now I keep it my natural color and I'm growing it out. I would really like to donate it again.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    My hair grows like crazy. I'm thinking of getting it cut before we leave for vacation Friday, I've got a ton of split ends anyway. I want layers this time maybe
    Oh I love vacations! Where ya headed?!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I also have super thick and curly hair, I tend to put it in a ponytail most days because having it down usually results in knots and snags. In the Spring I cut it chin length. I'm terrible with styling it. It never behaves and does what it's supposed to. I feel like I need a personal daily hair stylist (ladies maid?) to get it to actually style correctly.
    I would love one of my own....! 

I can't cut mine to chin length...I end up looking like Sideshow Bob. It turns into a damned triangle.
    It kinda looks like this if I'm not careful......

Oh girl, I layer it if I'm cutting it that short. Definitely layer it. Mine turns into a triangle too if it's not layered or thinned a little.
    Hell yeah.....! This mop on my head can get out of control pretty easily! Hence the pony tail lately. LOL! This is actually the longest my hair has been in like 5 years....it's just at my boobs. It's gotta go.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have very thick wavy frizzy hair that I have to flat iron ever day or else I look like i have a major fro, long hair usually weighs it down and makes it more managable so I usually keep it very long. Last year I donated ten inches to "children with hair loss" I plan on letting It grow grow grow till I need the "mom" cut.. So we will see how long it gets :)

------------
    Razz *
    Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
    Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
    = BFP!
    Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

• Options
    I have fine blond hair, but a lot of it so it doesn't look so fine. I always keep it pretty long (about to my bra strap). It is naturally a dirty blond, but I get it highlighted. I haven't gone since August :/ Luckily the guy I go to is amazing, and my hair is light enough naturally, so you can't really tell too much how grown out it is. I really, really want to go in and get it done though, but I never feel like I have the time. While watching Vanderpump Rules the last few weeks I've become obsessed with Stassi's color; and want it on myself. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Options
    I just cut off 11in. yesterday & I now have cute layers & side swept bangs. I'm in love
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    I have very thin/fine ridiculously curly hair. My mom made me (and my twin!) wear it curly until we graduated high school. Now I blow it out and flat iron every other day.

I was just being lazy and putting it up in a ponytail every day but it was really damaging my hair. So, I got it cut short enough that I can't easily put it up. It's a lot of work but it looks so much better!
    Me (30; PCOS) + H (36; Healthy) + 2 kitties
    5 clomid cycles (BFN)
    4 femara cycles (BFN)
    3 injectables cycles (BFN)
    Moving on to IVF in Jan/Feb 2015
  • Options
    I have very thick, but fine super straight hair. I cut 12 inches off of it last year and donated it in honor of my mom after she was diagnosed with cancer. After that cut it was a chin length bob, but I have been growing it ever since. It is now a little past my shoulders. Lately, I have been thinking I need to get it styled into something, but I don't know what to do with it.

@soccer4us2013 I am super jealous of your curly hair! (I know we all want what we can't have.) Good luck with finding a new style. I would love to hear how it goes-maybe it will give me the push I need to do something with my head of hair!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• Options
    Mine was down to my boobs but I cut off about 5 inches and it seems so short now.  It's wavy/frizzy - not wavy enough to look good doing nothing and too frizzy to not use a flat iron.  It annoys me greatly.

I wear it in a ponytail way too often.  Regina George would not be pleased.

• Options
    I have super duper frizzy hair. Nothing works. Mostly it's terrible unless I spend at least 45 minutes with a flat iron. 
    I've recently started dying it red. Deep auburn to maroonish actually. And I love it. I think I should have been born a redhead. Even at my frizziest, the red still makes it work. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am currently growing out myhair as a 'gee wiz, how long can I get it?' thing.

So far, it's reached my butt. I'm curious to see if prenatals will help it go longer.

My H loves it super long, and it's become an intimacy thing, letting my hair down out of it's braid so he can run his hands through it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There is no feeling in the world like a fresh hair cut :) It's the best! I just got 2/2.5 inches chopped off my hair. It's like a lost 20 pounds. If only it were that easy :)

I like to keep my hair short. I can't stand it long!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have very thick, but fine super straight hair. I cut 12 inches off of it last year and donated it in honor of my mom after she was diagnosed with cancer. After that cut it was a chin length bob, but I have been growing it ever since. It is now a little past my shoulders. Lately, I have been thinking I need to get it styled into something, but I don't know what to do with it.

@soccer4us2013 I am super jealous of your curly hair! (I know we all want what we can't have.) Good luck with finding a new style. I would love to hear how it goes-maybe it will give me the push I need to do something with my head of hair!
    It is very true, we always want what we don't have!!!! 
    I'll update you when I'm all done Thursday. I think I'm just gonna chop it short in the back & have it a little longer in the front, kinda like an inverted bob :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    There is no feeling in the world like a fresh hair cut :) It's the best! I just got 2/2.5 inches chopped off my hair. It's like a lost 20 pounds. If only it were that easy :)

I agree! I hadn't had my hair cut since January and I just had it cut and dyed 3 weeks ago. It's like HEAVEN!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nikiz628 said:

I agree! I hadn't had my hair cut since January and I just had it cut and dyed 3 weeks ago. It's like HEAVEN!
    I agree....! I love gettin' my hair did!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm growing everything out. I used to like my hair short, but a couple years ago I was put on Methotrexate, which is pretty much chemo in a pill. I didn't lose all of my hair, but most of it fell out and what stayed was so stringy and unhealthy I kept it as short as possible. Now my hair has finally recovered and I'm never cutting it again! lol 
    I'll layer it, but as far as everything else, it's gonna be as long as it can (with trims to keep it healthy, of course. ;) )
    @macylynn27 Methotrexate is awful on hair and so many other things. I am still on some other meds that are hard on hair too and always shedding. When I cut my hair of my DH complained and said he likes it long (so do I), but we are both just so tired of my hair falling out everywhere. If you have any tips on keeping hair as healthy as possible I would love to hear them.
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012

RE Consult Results

• Options
    I just chopped 13 inches off! I love my new hair! If you can I recommend donating it! Let me see if I have pics to post of my before and after.
    Married-April 14, 2012
    photo ffa00d75-1a16-4974-ba67-29b0586aa596_zps2fcde10f.jpgphoto 6da80302-90bf-4073-b107-f79f533bb026_zps2abef5ec.jpgimage

Started TTC April 2013 
    BFP February 1, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's the best I could find. The long hair pic was from April so it was a good bit longer when I cut it. I had it cut right before Christmas. Apologize for sideways pics I'm mobile.
    Married-April 14, 2012
    photo ffa00d75-1a16-4974-ba67-29b0586aa596_zps2fcde10f.jpgphoto 6da80302-90bf-4073-b107-f79f533bb026_zps2abef5ec.jpgimage

Started TTC April 2013 
    BFP February 1, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Funny i have an appointment thursday too! I grew mine for mh wedding hair style in october and i need a change!
    This is what im doing...n

*TEAM PINK*
    TTC#1 Since November 2013 // BFP March 27, 2014 // EDD December 11, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a short pixie that I love. My hair was a little past shoulder length in high school then I got a bob when I was a junior. Senior year I went with pixie and maintained for a year or two.

I did multiple at home dye jobs (blonde) while letting it grow out and went pixie route again. I let it grow out and finally did my wife chop after we got married in 2011 and have maintained the pixie every since.

I like my hair short and go to salon every other week. I get it cut every 6 weeks.
    Baby C IAmPregnant Ticker} BabyFetus Ticker} Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Here's the best I could find. The long hair pic was from April so it was a good bit longer when I cut it. I had it cut right before Christmas. Apologize for sideways pics I'm mobile.

LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR!  I so wish I could pull something like that off, but I just don't give a shit enough to wake up and straighten it every day.

Thanks! I have naturally thick curly hair and straightening it short is not bad at all. Long it took about 45 minutes to dry and another 45-60 to straighten. Now I'm done makeup and hair in about an hour.
    Married-April 14, 2012

Started TTC April 2013 
    BFP February 1, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    britneyfaye - LOVE IT! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have long thick naturally curly hair myself. Every once in a while I chop it all off, or to shoulder length, and I hate it. My hair grows really fast so about every 3 hair cuts(I trim it ever 8 weeks) I cut about 2 inches off so I get the lighter healthier feel. My curly hair just can't be short because it looks like I have an Afro.

I now put keratin treatments in my hair that are awesome, they take the frizz out of it and makes it straighter. I'm suppose to get one in January and I really am thinking about bangs. I can't have bangs because my hair is curly but after the keratin I can for a little while.

Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options

britneyfaye - LOVE IT! 

Thank you!
    Married-April 14, 2012

Started TTC April 2013 
    BFP February 1, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had super short to chin length hair for years before beginning to grow it out last year. It's bra strap length on my back now (my hair grows REALLY fast) and in layers. I've been itching to put some funky color in it and just never had the guts to do it, but my husband bought me some purple dye this weekend and I am dying the underneath layer purple. It's going to be awesome. And I will probably feel like an 18 years old. Haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would love for my hair to be longer than what it is -- by about 5-6 inches.  My hair thinned out about three years ago due to a surgery I had and I have been working hard to regrow my hair.  I cut my hair short -- by short I mean shoulder length or shorter -- once and hated it. I don't ever see myself cutting it short again. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    Oh, it's so awful. Even after a new cut my hair had so many split ends the next day that I felt disgusting.
    Sadly, I don't personally have any tips that I used. :(  You could talk to your doctor about maybe a Vitamin B complex or one of those hair and nail health vitamin complexes. Although you'll want to be care about mixing meds, TTC, and vitamins that could potentially mess with your hormones. 
    There are a lot of hair treatments on Pinterest, although I've never tried them. 
    I'm sorry you have to go through that. I hope you figure something out! :)
    @macylynn27 I have been dealing with methotrexate or similar meds since I was 14, so I am used to it. I do sometimes have times where the issue flares and I have to go get some medicated "Shrek goo" (really thick green shampoo-like substance). I am always on the look out for people who have had similar experiences just to learn if they found some great solution that I may not have tried. It definitely isn't a fun thing to deal with, but it is much better than life without the meds. :)
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012

RE Consult Results

• Options
    My hair is naturally thin, limp, fine, straight as a stick, and honey blonde/light brown. It's pretty long now, at least halfway down my back and I'm 6 feet tall. It's cut in layers but I really need a trim. I'd love to donate it but with the layers it never seems to get long enough. I long for shorter hair though. It just gets on my nerves long. Giving myself a buzz cut has crossed my mind so many times...

oh! I had kept it my natural color for the past several years but two weeks ago I had my little sister dye it red :) I like it for now.
  • Options
    Today is the day! I have my hair down, curly and frizzy as hell for my hair girl to see what a mess I've become. LOL! 

I'll post pix later! 
    :D

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    OK, I've said this before and I still mean it. I would kill something to have any of your curly or wavy hairs!

I have a ton of very FINE hair that just looks frizzy and gross if I don't blow it dry and use a straightener on it. Why would a straight hair person need a straightener for? All I know is that my hair looks like bed head on the regular because ain't nobody got time to be blowing it dry and straightening it every morning before work. I'm just way too lazy for all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"