Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

For all of you who like the baby names board...

I'm barely ever over there so I don't feel like posting there as a stranger, but I had to share this with someone... 

Re: For all of you who like the baby names board...

• Options
    Omg that's ridiculous. One popular name that makes me shake my head: La-a, pronounced Ladasha. These poor children.
    imageimage
  • Options
    *headdesk*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That literally made me LOL out loud, haha! Wow. Wow. That's.... wow.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    Oh boy. I will never understand people.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    But why....
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Aw, @Wolfox, we'd love this over on the BNB.

@MacyLynn27 When I was growing up, there was a girl at school named Anita Maxie. Kids used to call her Anita Maxie Pad, as in I-need-a-maxi-pad.  :(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    La-a may have been an urban legend before but actually appears to be gaining in popularity. As a teacher, I've seen two girls with the name over the past few years. I see a lot of odd names though. For some reason Queen as a name is also extremely popular here in urban areas.
    Where? 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My aunt, who works for a large school district, totally had me convinced that she knew a Lemonjello and an Orangejello... I was completely convinced until the BNB (which I was active on for about two weeks several months ago) set me straight. 
  • Options
    Pintobean39Pintobean39 member
    edited January 2014
    WolFox said:

My aunt, who works for a large school district, totally had me convinced that she knew a Lemonjello and an Orangejello... I was completely convinced until the BNB (which I was active on for about two weeks several months ago) set me straight. 

My friend did have a lemonjello and orangejello in her class. They were twin boys. They are prob 18 by now.

ETA: she was grading papers and we were looking at the papers and laughing about some of the names.

Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    That poor child. I work at an inner city school and I could give you a long list of BAD names. It's sad, but entertaining for my DH & friends. They love hearing them. DEMON comes to mind first. It's pronounced DUH-MON. They got that one waaaay wrong!!
  • Options
    La-a is an urban legend, thankfully. So'unique isn't great though. They wanted a unique name that started with an S, per the article I just read. 
    I work with a La-a, she's in her 40's.

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• Options
    O.M.G. why would someone do this to a kid?!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

WolFox said:

My friend did have a lemonjello and orangejello in her class. They were twin boys. They are prob 18 by now.

ETA: she was grading papers and we were looking at the papers and laughing about some of the names.

OMGEE, do we live near eachother? Because my best friend went to school with a Orangejello (pronounced Oran-gello) and Lemonjello (Le-mon-gello). There were also triplets: Dio, Tio Mio (Dye-O, Tie-O, My-O)

Edit: I heard of, but have not confirmed, the name Shithead (pronounced Shi-theed)

I don't think we live near each other. The school she taught at isn't a school I'd want my children to go to. There is just crazy everywhere.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    norweigannorweigan member
    edited January 2014
    When my girlfriend was pregnant, we were talking about possible baby names for her little girl. Then we started watching Maury, and the names got so much more interesting. Her baby's in utero name ended up being She-Diamond Tiara, which were names we actually saw on the show. The girls name out of utero is Averee, but my sister still calls her She-Diamond.  
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Options
    Also, one time I was in a cab where the cab driver's name was Shithead. I was the only sober one, and the girl in the front seat with him was wasted. She yelled out "your name is Shit Head!" and he corrected her and we all tried to stop her, to no avail. She just kept yelling "shit head" over and over again. I was surprised that he did not kick us out. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Princess Kisi.... Princess anything- Preaches, Willow-Brooke, Sade (pronounced Shar-day)
    Well-behaved women seldom make historyimage

• Options
    What the hell happened to traditional-regular names? Seriously people!!! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    Ooooh, this is priceless. The parents definitely made a statement. The worst and first name of 2014. Bravo.
    Don't worry, I'm working on it. 

• Options
    @katnhiding - I wish you would stop typing.

• Options
    @ClaireHuxtable No. It actually happened to me. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously? Why would I take this personally? Can you even understand the implications of what you're writing?

• Options
    Your posts are offensive.

• Options
    @LindsRockies He looked more like he was Middle Eastern, but I'm not entirely sure. We were too horrified by our friend to really get into a conversation with him about his background. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    True story. A woman in our town is named Gay Ann Dick. She was a queen at one of our local festivals back in the early 70's. Now I understand that back then, Gay probably didn't have quite the same meaning....but still.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

WolFox said:

aaaaaand this just popped up on my newsfeed...

When I saw this all I thought of was a period.  Why would someone name their child slang for menstruation!?!
    eta: I can't get out of the quote box, grr....

----
    Crimson Tide is a football team. ;-) I never thought about it being another word for a period before. Haha.

**siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
      lebradford said:
    My middle school dean's name was Richard (Dick) Craven. And I was friends with a Richard Burns. Idk, there's just so much that can go wrong with the name Richard.
    A close friend of my fathers is Richard (Dick) Shit. His wife made him change his name when I was little, but that didn't stop my siblings and I from asking about Dick Shit all the time :)

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"