November 2012 Moms

She has a name :D

ssmb_clarinetssmb_clarinet member
edited January 2014 in November 2012 Moms
So my friend had her baby yesterday night at 9:30...she still hasn't named her. Is that odd? Did it take any of you awhile to decide on a name? I guess it feels odd to me cause my baby had a name as soon as we found out the sex. Just curious. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: She has a name :D

• I have heard of some people waiting until they get to "know" the baby. I don't think it's too weird because we named LO right away and she was still referred to as Baby Girl Lastname in the hospital. I think you have until you leave the hospital to name them.
  • We didn't know the gender until DD was born.  We had a boy name a girl name picked out and stuck to it.  Hopefully your friend has her choices narrowed down.

• Loading the player...
  • Took me three weeks to decide on DDs name. I had a name picked out and when I met her it really didn't suit her in my opinion. Maybe that's weird.

3 weeks after she was born? Did you leave the hospital without a name?
  • She has known the sex since 20 weeks....said they had a short list but I guess they're having a hard time deciding! Even if she's nameless she's adorable! :)
  • @jenner37 yes we left hospital without a name
    i feel like this is the road im headed down with this one.. What was the name you thought you would name her? @uconnhuskie007

• @uconnhuskie007 that's a beautiful name! @lyndsihutson do you know what you're having?!
  • She has a name! Kate Renee. Cute.
  • That's my cousins name!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh i love kate! it is on my list. And yes @shella923 its another girl! We Like Brynlee Hope Hutson, but its borderline too trendy for me. :( 

• We had a name or names in mind. But never fully decided on her name until I had her in my arms. Which we decided on Ella. We're actually pregnant again, due in July 2014. I know what a boy will be because its my husbands dad. But if its another girl, we're screwed. LoL
  • Oh i love kate! it is on my list. And yes @shella923 its another girl! We Like Brynlee Hope Hutson, but its borderline too trendy for me. :( 

Ok now I remember the name discussion!! You have some time to decide. I've never heard of the name Brynlee. It's pretty and different. But you got to choose a name that's comfy to you. It's so nice your daughter will have a sister so close in age! BFF!

• We have barely discussed names for this LO. We won't know the sex until its born. But we will most likely have a bane before we leave the hospital.

Buuuuuuut... I have a cousin that had a baby...no name for baby when she left the hospital.
    No name a week later.
    Still no name at a month old.
    Then she named it Jedediah.
    Then she and her husband decided they didn't really like that name after all and changed it again about a month or two later.
    I have no idea what the kid's name is now.
  • @jenner37 yes we left hospital without a name

So crazy, I didn't know you could do that!
  • shella923 said:
    Oh i love kate! it is on my list. And yes @shella923 its another girl! We Like Brynlee Hope Hutson, but its borderline too trendy for me. :( 
    Ok now I remember the name discussion!! You have some time to decide. I've never heard of the name Brynlee. It's pretty and different. But you got to choose a name that's comfy to you. It's so nice your daughter will have a sister so close in age! BFF!
    Yeah and hand me downs are exciting me, lol. I can keep buying Emma things and not have to worry about getting the other as much. Its nice. And thanks, some people just side eye it. So i have a feeling she will be born nameless.

• I like just "Brynn" but I'm clearly biased. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker
  • lyndsihutsonlyndsihutson member
    edited January 2014
    pobrecita said:
    <---- sideyes Brynlee
    lol, see! Either people love it or hate it. Im not sure why i care since it is my child and I am the one who fell in love with the name when i heard it. I just have issues with making big decisions.. No, any decisions. 

ETA, most side-eyed Emmalyn too. 

• ssmb_clarinetssmb_clarinet member
    edited January 2014
    I think it's cute, both names are, but it does kinda bug me when people mash up two names and make them one. Why not just Brynn as a first name and then Lee as the middle? That to me makes more sense and seems less made up. Just my thoughts.
  • Well we are set on Hope as middle, and dislike just brynn.. But i disliked just Emma too.

• Well we are set on Hope as middle, and dislike just brynn.. But i disliked just Emma too.
    I love Hope as a middle name! :D 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"