June 2014 Moms
Options

Zero pounds

So I haven't gained any weight which isn't a problem I'm over weight to begin with. Did anyone not gain any weight through out their entire pregnancy?? I'm just wondering if it's possible it would be awesome for me if I didn't lol

Re: Zero pounds

• Options
    I've always gained weight. Like 40 pounds, and I'm active. I'm not sure it would be possible to not gain any weight. I mean with the baby, the extra blood volume, the placenta and the swelling ; I'm pretty sure one is bound to gain something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most of the weight gain comes later in the pregnancy so I wouldn't take this as an indicator you won't gain any weight. Have you discussed with your doctor what they would recommend you gain? If you are overweight to begin with they probably would recommend less but I've never heard anything less than 10-15 pounds for a recommendation. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • Options
    @lilnunz1 I am on my phone those posts haven't shown up so sorry I didn't think to look through all 5-7 pages of content my bad
  • Options
    I haven't gained any weight either, maybe 3 pounds, I'm 15 weeks today. I too am overweight, so I'm already paranoid about gaining weight as it is. But I've not been working out like I was so I'm convinced that I've been losing muscle and what I had has all turned to mush...I'm sure it'll catch up eventually. 

• Options
    My SIL lost 8lbs being pregnant.
  • Options
     If you are overweight to begin with they probably would recommend less but I've never heard anything less than 10-15 pounds for a recommendation. 
    This. I was overweight to start, and both doctors at my practice said that ideally I would gain about 15. And a little more than that was fine. (60+ would be a problem, I'm sure.) They certainly weren't suggesting that I maintain my weight. Although again, they said maintaining that number -- or even losing a few -- during the first trimester would be the best possible thing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I lost 8 pounds and still am not gaining any, but my doctor isn't worried about it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    .As long as baby is the right size your doing everything right, now two pregnancies are the same so everyone will have different answers of if they gained weight. When your already overweight you tend to gain less, likely you will pick up a few pounds those last few months. But for now eat right  and do what you know your suppose to. That baby is just fine and so are you.
    My baby is kinda fat and i haven't gained an ounce this whole time. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

goarmy.com Countdown widget

• Options
    I too am overweight. My last pg I gained 22#. I gained my first pound at around 20 weeks. I do know some people who are "obese" that did not gain any weight because they were healthy during pregnancy so technically they actually lost weight. Please note that pregnancy is not a time to diet though. It is a time to eat healthy and take your vitamins.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    I do know of people to have list up to 30 lbs. if u are over weight it can be ok. Talk to your dr though. Your labs will show up negative if you are starving your body. I have only lost weight but gave up a lot of bad things. Snacks everyday at lunch are replaced with chocolate milk. Cookies replaced with veggies and fruit. But I have gobbled down carbs so that amazes me. My snacks are fat free gummy snacks.

If baby is good your good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"