March 2014 Moms
Options

S/O heartburn or reflux from water

How are other moms getting enough water? I'm really struggling every day to drink enough fluids. Room temp water creates instant reflux. Hot water seems to be slightly better, but I can't keep it hot enough to have 8-10 glasses per day. What has worked for others? TIA
March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
   Pregnancy Ticker

Re: S/O heartburn or reflux from water

• Options
    Not sure I have any advice. Chugging cold water feels good right away BUT within ten minutes ANY water gives me heartburn so I just randomly have huge glasses of water throughout the day.
  • Options
    I find that drinking more with meals has been easier.  Also flavored waters are a little easier, as is lemonade.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everything give me heartburn these days.  Have you tried Zantac?  
    imageimage 
  • Options
    Pepcid.

• Options

Everything give me heartburn these days.  Have you tried Zantac?  

In haven't. I tried Pepcid last week once and it worked great and quickly. What dosage and frequency of Zantac do you take? Do you take proactively? I wanted to buy the Zantac, then the CVS pharmacy chick freaked out on me "no you can't take that .. only Tums" so now I'm nervous even though OB said Pepcid was OK.

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bethrn1987 and @ohiorideresq Impressive! How long does the HB last after you chug the glass? Mine seems to last for 2 hours including bloating and reflux burping -- I'm not sure I could handle that multiple times a day.

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like Pepcid and Zantac are both pregnancy category B, but omeprazole is cat C. Sounds like I'm suffering for no reason and need to take the pills!

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Heartburn sucks, sorry.  I sometimes have it first thing when I wake up, which is odd since I haven't eaten yet.  I have no advice except to just start chasing your water drinking with Tums.  I think Tums should be its own food group for pregnant ladies, LOL.  As someone else said, maybe try to do a lot of your water drinking with meals?
  • Options
    @ewallace00 - lasts for about an hour to hour an half. I try to keep some saltines with me because they kinda help keep the burn from coming all the way up my throat to my ears ( if that makes sense)
  • Options
    I have taken Pepcid around say 7 or 8 pm the last three nights, with my meal or with a big chug of water, and I can say it's made a difference. Try it @fern&sean @bethrn1987 and @ohiorideresq !!

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been doing 1/2 juice and 1/2 water and have found that to help a bit.
  • Options
    Pre-pregnancy, I'd never experienced heartburn. Since the babies think I should definitely experience it, I got some of the new tums chews. They worked for me, and don't get stuck in my teeth like the chalky ones
  • Options
    The Tums Smoothies are the best. They are not chalky like the others, but another good liquid is Gaviscon.  My DH is a pharmacist and he says it's the best.  It does work.  Good luck ladies! 
  • Options
    I take zantac daily and also use papaya enzyme when it flares up.  I like the papaya more than tums. https://www.amazon.com/American-Health-Products-chewable-tablets/dp/B00013Z13M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388774250&sr=8-2&keywords=papaya+enzyme
  • Options
    My heartburn is 25 hours a day. I get it from everything.  I wake up in the middle of the night from it, I've got it when I wake up.   Tums are my go to, and I hate them sooooo much.  I'/d rather do 5 shots of warm gin that chew 5 tums.  I just chew and swallow as quick as possible.  No more heartburn is what I'm most excited for once this baby comes... that and the baby of course.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"