Health & Exercise
Options

Losing weight before getting pregnant

I do worry a bit about losing the weight after pregnancy, I think a lot of us do.

So in an attempt to make the process easier, I lost 15 lbs recently by joining weight watchers. I am 5'4", and went from 137 to 121. My BMI is 20.8, which from what I read, is in the zone for BMI and pregnancy. This could all be for nothing though since I am not yet pregnant! Has anyone else here had a successful experience with losing weight prior to pregnancy, and then taking it off?

Re: Losing weight before getting pregnant

• Options
    I gained 70 pounds with my pregnancy.  (at least) It did not come off by itself in the least.  It took me 18 months and I did ww starting 2 months after she was born.  I did ww for 4 months but due to other issues stopped it for several months and started again about a year after the first attempt.  I could have gotten more weight off had i not stopped it and it would have taken less than 18 months.  it was very important for me to lose the weight before getting pregnant again as i had complications and i knew holding onto the extra weight would just be an added risk factor.  Hope that helps
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"