April 2014 Moms
Options

Nursing pilliow

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nursing pilliow. There seems to be a lot on the market. I am looking at boppy and nursing pilliow.

Re: Nursing pilliow

• Options
    My Brest friend
  • Options
    I was looking at boppies and saw my cousin's travel boppy. It unzips into a pillow the size of a regular boppy. Zipped up,it has a strap you can use to throw it over your shoulder like a bag, and even has a few small zip pockets for a pacifier or whatever. I'd link or PIP but I'm on my iPad...
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear my brest friend is the preferred. I own a boppy already so I'm sticking with it even though I'd rather try a my brest friend.

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm going for my brest friend because it has a pillow that goes around your back.  I've read that boppy pillows aren't always the best for FTM and for newborns because the pillow moves and the baby slips between the pillow and the mom.  

I've read that the boppy can be good for older children since it's better for different types of holds that you can use.  I think the choice is more based upon what feels right when you try them out.
  • Options
    amhah09amhah09 member
    edited January 2014
    I really don't like the pillow to be honest. My SIL used the boppy religiously. I used boppy with DS but I couldn't ever seem to position comfortably with it. I didn't use it with DD. I never tried the brest friend pillow though.

ETA - I always ended up using a pillow to prop my arm but I never liked anything under baby

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Options
    ksulliksulli member
    edited January 2014
    I'm with @amhah09, I had a boppy, but preferred to just put a throw pillow under my elbow. Maybe it has something to do with my size/breast size/baby size, but anything more than a prop for my elbow made every thing feel awkward.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I prefer the Boppy. I hated the MBF, it went to the salvation army after a week.
  • Options
    I only tried boppy and lived it. I have smaller boobs so I need something to help prop the baby up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"