March 2013 Moms

Convertible Seat

I think we're leaning towards a Graco Nautilus 3n1. Thoughts? Suggestions on what you have?

any feedback would be great!! Thanks ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Re: Convertible Seat

• We have a
    Britax Marathon. We switched to a convertible at 5 months or so because DS is long and just preferred to be in the big seat (much to my sadness!!). The britax is very highly rated for safety and we like it. BUT I find the straps are a pain to adjust. Overall though good seat. My husband has a lower model britax and it's just as good
  • We have the Diono Radian RXT and it's great! It gets outstanding reviews and safety ratings. We have one for each of our cars - a smaller car and an SUV - and we have no trouble getting it to fit in either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The Nautilus isn't a convertible. It's a forward facing harness, high back booster, and backless booster. You need a seat that will remain rfing.

DD3 will move into the Graco MySize this spring. I'm keeping her in the infant seat all winter so I can cover her with the car seat cap instead of worrying about taking jackets on and off.

We also have an older Diono Radian (convertible only) and a First Years TrueFit.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Chicco 9 position carseat! Soooo comfortable
  • We have the Evenflo Symphony DLX All-in-One Car Seat. I like it but it can be a bit difficult to put DS in and take him out at times. I think it's because we have a van so the seat is high and I'm short. :S

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • We have the britax advocate that hes been in since September because he is so tall. If I had it to do over I'd get a radian as well because they're great for taller los.
  • Angela814 said:

The Nautilus isn't a convertible. It's a forward facing harness, high back booster, and backless booster. You need a seat that will remain rfing.

DD3 will move into the Graco MySize this spring. I'm keeping her in the infant seat all winter so I can cover her with the car seat cap instead of worrying about taking jackets on and off.

We also have an older Diono Radian (convertible only) and a First Years TrueFit.

This! Nautilus is not a seat that a 10 mo old can use.
  • I meant to say "should use" instead of can use..
  • I'm aware that it's forward facing - just collecting info/doing research - not putting him in it until he's at least a year. I'm well aware that the 'rules' say two years.

We also looked at the DLX Symphony and my sister has the Graco MySize, which she loves.
    On the DLX - I don't know how I feel about the quick latch and auto retract. I guess I would get more peace of mind with a visible hooked latch and tightening the belt myself. It just seems like it would malfunction. The MySize is HUGE. I have a little SUV and with both my nephew and son's seats there was no room for anyone else in the back. They do really like it though.

Unfortunately, Chicco, Diono, and Britax are well out of our price range. The cheapest one is at the very top of our budget. I get that it's something we'll have for the rest of forever, but it's just not something we can afford right now and we need two.
  • Graco MySize/size4me is a great cheaper option (and space-conscious for rear-facing, if that's something you're worried about since you need 2). I actually messaged carseats for the littles on Facebook and they recommended it as an option for me with my compact car and having 2 rear facing.

This is why kids should be rear facing for longer than a year. You can also search youtube and see many stories of babies who died but most likely would have lived if they had been rearfacing in their carseats between 1 and 2. Please don't skip the option because of cost.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sssIsceKd6U

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't know how the DLX differs from other seats where the latch and release are concerned because we only looked at that particular model closely. I can tell you that the whole system is very convenient. It also has great reviews for seats at its price point.

It may be too large for an SUV though. Friends of ours got the Graco MyRide that JmeJme mentioned because it fit in their SUV better than the Evenflo Symphony DLX did.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • We just switched to the graco my size/size4me - bought at buy buy baby and used a coupon so that helped since we bought 2. So far I like it, and DD seems to like it better than the infant seat.
  • kk1160 said:
    I'm aware that it's forward facing - just collecting info/doing research - not putting him in it until he's at least a year. I'm well aware that the 'rules' say two years.

We also looked at the DLX Symphony and my sister has the Graco MySize, which she loves.
    On the DLX - I don't know how I feel about the quick latch and auto retract. I guess I would get more peace of mind with a visible hooked latch and tightening the belt myself. It just seems like it would malfunction. The MySize is HUGE. I have a little SUV and with both my nephew and son's seats there was no room for anyone else in the back. They do really like it though.

Unfortunately, Chicco, Diono, and Britax are well out of our price range. The cheapest one is at the very top of our budget. I get that it's something we'll have for the rest of forever, but it's just not something we can afford right now and we need two.
    I wanted a Diono Radians......we talked with family members and they agreed to contribute to the cost of it for ds's birthday present instead of buying him something we don't need/want.  

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"