May 2014 Moms
Options

To the STMs-what was it like seeing your baby for the first time when they were born?

2»

Re: To the STMs-what was it like seeing your baby for the first time when they were born?

• Options
    I remember being so annoyed that they were weighing him and wiping him down (all that work is over and I have to wait?!) but once he was there it was awesome!! I was amazed at his features and started naming whose nose he had (mine) and thumbs (his dad's), etc. I could have done that for hours!!
  • Options
    It was the most amazing experience ever. I lsbored for 32 hours with almost 4 hours of pushing. They gave her to me immediately and she laid on my chest all blue and bloody as I cried tears of joy. She nursed for an hour right then and it was like time stopped. Then they cleaned her and me. It was about 3 hours after she was born before our families who were in the waiting room were notified that the baby had been born, but I treasure that one on one time we had with our girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are no words to describe the feeling.  It was all so surreal and I honestly felt like I was hovering over the room watching it all happen.  I realize that sounds strange but it was like an outer body experience for me.  I cannot wait to see this little guy!
  • Options

DS's birth was pretty traumatic and I was not awake for it.  The first time I got to "see" him was when a nurse held him up to the window of the nursery for me to see as I was pushed by on a gurney on the far side of the hallway.  I so still so drugged up and not fully awake, so I only vaguely  remember this.  Then he was brought to my room several hours later and I was still pretty "high" from the pain medication and the long day I had that it wasn't that moment that you dream of.  I had this sense of "that's not my baby" since I wasn't awake for the birth.  It was all very surreal, but not good surreal.  I was also pretty shaky and drifting in and out, so I only felt comfortable holding him for a minute.  I gave him a quick bottle and then they whisked him back to the nursery so I could "recover" and wake up a bit, mind you, he was born at 6:27pm and this was after midnight).  The next day was much better, but until we got home I still had a bit of the "he's not mine" feeling due to the fact that I had to be put completely under for his delivery.  I'm hoping that baby #2's birth is much less uneventful and I can be present for it and have that awesome first moment :)

• Options
    DaisyTortillaDaisyTortilla member
    edited December 2013
    It was amazing! I was speechless! I was very drugged and very tired but at that moment it all went away. I stared at her the entire time, it's as if no one else was there, not even DH! Hearing her cries made me cry, all I kept thinking was "this is my child, my blood and she's finally here!" As far as how she looked, I imagined her skin tone and hair color, those were right on. Her facial features, I had no clue, but more beautiful than I ever imagined! :)<3

Edited for spelling.

• Options
    Scary :(, my son came out limp and not crying at all so I immediately was worried sick. I didn't say anything I was just waiting for news of some sort. It was a very surreal moment, finally we were told he's fine that the umbelical cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. They were trying to slow down his breathing, and just as they were about to take him away he finally calmed down. I was so happy to finally hold him after all that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DS was an emergency CS. I remember being in the OR and the sensation of the dr cutting me open. I got wide eyed, looked at DH and said, "they just cut me open & it feels like someone loosened my pants!" The anesthesiologist laughed.

I heard DR say there was meconium and I panicked (my niece born with CP had that in the fluid at birth). Then I hear, "the cord is around his neck." DS never cried. I was panicked out of my skull. They said he was fine while cleaning & weighting. They let me see him after all swaddled and in his hat. I was still tied down to the table. I just looked at him so intensely to make sure he was ok that DH thought I didn't like DS. I couldn't touch him so I only had my eyes. I took mental pictures because I was terrified that someone would steal him. DS was quickly taken away to recovery with DH... I said, "DON'T LEAVE HIM!" I found out later that DH did leave him and I never forgave him. (My anxiety was unreal!)

I finally got to join him about an hour later but wasn't allowed to hold him until I was rolled to my room. I don't remember the "ride" to the room because all I saw was MY baby! I fell deep in love on that gurney ride! There are NO WORDS! He is 15 now and I still cry when I let my heart feel how much I love him!
  • Options
    You can imagine what it will be like, who he or she will look like, but it will be nothing like that.... Beyond that... Priceless
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"