Late Term and Child Loss

So, how'd it go?

Just wondering how everyone's Christmas went? Any fun, happy, sad, angry stories to tell?

For me - the day was awful awful awful. We went to my ILs on Christmas Eve (mistake number one), with the plan to stay for a few days, and while it wasn't a large group of family or anything, it was still just too much. I made it through Christmas Eve, but yesterday I had a full on breakdown, ran out of the house with an excuse to go find WiFi ( mistake number two - my ILs live in the country without cell service or wifi, so I felt completely disconnected from any source of encouragement or venting) and headed out to the beach to just sit and cry and miss Colton. No one talked about him, no one asked how we were doing, nothing. We had framed prints made with a quote we like and his name and birthdate to give to everyone in his memory, and no one really cared when they opened it. I felt so drained, I told my DH I wanted to come home, so while we had planned to stay a day or so longer, we came home late last night. His family was so mad we were leaving, they didn't understand why it was such a difficult day and why we wanted to go home (his mom was crying in the kitchen when my DH told her we were leaving, having a pity party for herself that we were leaving early). It was so awkward and awful and I really didn't care. I just wanted to be home and in my own space. I knew the day would be hard but I didn't prepare myself for how difficult it would be. Being at my ILs I felt like I couldn't just be sad, that I had to hold it all in and put on a happy face, and it just exploded. This is one Christmas I will never forget!

Thanks for letting me vent! Any one else have "fun" holiday stories to share? Or actual fun stories to tell?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

Re: So, how'd it go?

• Yeah my bil brought over his 2 month old baby girl who was conceived through an affair,wth. It was our first time meeting her and I just broke down. He cheated on his wife got another girl pg and now he had his baby girl. Why can't I have my baby girl? Doesn't seem fair
  • @aragosta - I love the gift that your DHs cousin gave you. That is so thoughtful. When we celebrated Christmas with my family a couple days ago I received some really thoughtful gifts in memory of Colton - a couple little figurines and a bracelet, which I really love. I think that made it that much harder when things were so difficult with DHs family.

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • ~~Siggy Warning~~

I was surprised over the past couple of days when two people remembered our babies with ornaments with their names - that was so very special.

Yesterday, in general, was OK, until night time..  DH got me this beautiful necklace https://thevintagepearl.com/you-make-my-heart-sing.html which made me tear up while we were opening gifts.  Then as we were making dinner, listening to music, "Joseph's Lullaby" came on and DH lost it.  It's the song that DH associates with Gabe.  Later that night, I was just very sad... I had a good cry then went through their memory boxes.

It's so strange, because I'm able to find the joy and happiness of the day, yet it will always be tinged with sadness and what could have been.  Hugs to you all!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry to the ladies that had a tough day.  @aragosta your cousin is awesome

For some reason I was super emotional on Christmas Eve.  I cried a lot...barely made it through church...broke down in the parking lot afterwards.  it's just hard doing all of this without her...and its hard being around people who are so happy it's the holidays when you have such a bittersweet heart.

Christmas was actually pretty good (this is my second Christmas, last year was definitely harder).  But I did find myself wishing throughout the day that SOMEONE would acknowledge her...I even was thinking how sweet it would have been for someone to have made some kind of donation in her honor.  But nothing...not even a word.  It hurts but I know people just don't know what to say.

DH and I are headed to the beach this weekend for new years...we did it last year and it was so relaxing and just a nice break from reality...it is pulling me through.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• @dixon813 - that necklace is beautiful, what a sweet gift!

• **siggy warning**

@agagosta That is a beautiful gift.  

I'm sorry to everyone who had a rough day.  It was sad here, but we spent the holiday at home.  We saw extended family at Thanksgiving and that was hard because I had to keep up the front.  But yesterday I could react and feel however I needed too, and that helped a lot.  
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • *siggy warning*

When we went to my parents' house they had a stocking for Ellie with 3 Hershey kisses in it, a kiss from each of my parents and my sister, they said.

We went to my grandmother's after for presents/dinner with the rest of the family. It was nice, but difficult. No one mentioned her at all. When it was time for the kids to open presents, we go from youngest to oldest. No one even mentioned her. Today is her birthday, and no one mentioned that yesterday either. I know everyone had a lot on their minds, but it was her first Christmas, and it was just so hard to not have her anywhere in the celebrations, even in conversation.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • gertiebarden

How sweet that your parents had a stocking for her!  And happy birthday to your precious Ellie!  Sending you prayers and hugs...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • VyD81VyD81 member
    edited December 2013
    We released some balloons and placed a small Christmas tree at Raynor's memorial on the 24th. 1 of the balloons was blue from my sister, she wanted to send him one. We didn't do anything on Christmas, it was exactly 3 months from our loss. When DH called his family to wish them a Merry Christmas,no one ask how we were doing or mentioned Raynor. 
    We were crying most of yesterday :(

@aragosta, what a wonderful gift. I just ugly cried reading your post. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• @gertiebarden - the stocking with the kisses is such a cute idea! And happy birthday and ((hugs)) for your sweet Ellie.

• Hi ladies. This was my 3rd Christmas since our son died. It was still bittersweet. I broke down in my parents' church when they sang "Silent Night" and had to go hide in the bathroom. Awful.

Christmas Day, nobody mentioned him. Even though his urn is right on our mantle where the stockings hang. I lit his candle right there just as we were beginning to open gifts, but still no one said anything :( That hurt. But even though it was a little candle, it burned all. day. long! I don't know how, but it made me really happy.

Now the holidays are over. I hope everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. Grieving is so hard during the holidays.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @weddedwife - oh, I am so sorry. That breaks me heart. And I agree - I am so relieved the holidays are over!

• My mother didn't mention Coraline at all. My sister gave me a Willow Tree ornament called "Forget Me Not", which was sweet, but she got her name wrong (said "Caroline").  I flinched at that.

I didn't expect much to begin with, so I'm glad to be home.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am also glad Christmas is over. We have a beautiful ornament with our daughter's name on it. My sister in law walked by the tree and whispered to her mom about it trying for me and my husband not to hear. I said in a loud voice over them "yes, that is a special ornament made just for Grace. Isn't it beautiful?". It's almost like they feel like they can't even say her name. I wanted to break the silence and hint that it is OK to mention her but they didn't seem to get it. If only people knew that not saying anything is the worst thing. She did exist and she is my daughter and that will never change.
  • We had almost two straight weeks of visitors. Everyone just left today. Overall it was good, but we had to deal with my grandmother who has dementia (so many crazy stories with that). I did pretty good, but I lost it on Christmas night. Like others, I'm glad it's over with and a new year will soon begin. I hate this because it is normally my favorite time of year. I was so looking forward to sharing this time with Parker. I was so excited to decorate and celebrate with her. Now I'm just happy I survived it. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was at work and my husband had the day off. He texted me because he saw the movie Lilo and Stitch. There's one part about O'Hana. It means family and nobody gets left behind and my husband had a breakdown. Im sorry to hear about your IL's. (Hugs)
  • So sorry to all the ladies whose babies were not mentioned by family. It's so hard. This is supposed to be such a happy time of year it makes me sad that so many of us dread it and just want to "get through it".

I will say that it does get easier; I did enjoy parts of the holidays and do find many reasons to smile. I just come here to talk about N because you ladies "get it".
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ***SIGGY***

All of your stories brought tears to my eyes - the good and the bad. The holidays are so hard for me still, and while I hate that we're all here, it's nice to not be alone in my feelings.

Christmas was better this year than last year, but I thought about Devon quite a bit. I took some time on Christmas morning to think about him and wish him Merry Christmas privately, and I cried a little bit. I kept imagining that he would be a year old and probably trying to open his own presents, and it broke my heart. We didn't talk about Devon, but my parents put a stocking out for him, and my parents gave me longer hugs than normal. I know they - especially my mom - were thinking about him that day.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like some of you, I am glad it's over and we made it through!  We traveled to Dh's Mom's house for dinner x-mas eve and then stayed with my parents for 3 nights.  DH's mom refuses to even acknowledge that I was ever even pregnant in the first place, let alone that our baby died. Luckily we only had to eat dinner there. 

My parents and one of my sisters (the doula!!) -got me a few things in remembrance of Jesse which was really thoughtful- CarlyMarie's calendar, a snow globe with an baby and an angel (which I am returning, even though the thought was really sweet) a little crystal suncatcher, and a really pretty 'Living Locket" from Origami Owl which I love so much.  \

I couldn't really look at the gifts for long when I opened them because I didn't want to get emotional though, but overall I was so relieved that I didn't feel I had to act like nothing had happened. 

My nieces and nephew also helped me get through the day-  their snuggles and excitement made me think of how much I wish Jesse would get to have a Christmas, but also that there is still happiness in my life. 

I hope you are all taking time for yourselves, and that you know I am thinking of you and all of your beautiful babies <3
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Mine was hard. Particulary xmas eve where I lost it at my inlaws as they were saying goodbye to family friends' three little ones. They should be snuggling Ana. We lost power for 2.5 days due to an ice storm which totally dampened the mood. I went to my parents early so we could have heat, light and company. It ended up ok. My parents got us an ornament for Ana which was nice. Glad its over, and looking forward to a new year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I feel bad because my family was great.  They all adored the ornament that I got from the funeral home for Bean. And people asked how we were doing.  I felt sad Christmas eve, but more grirveing for my first miscarrage which I lost on the 18th. And how he\she would have been 2 and having the toddler running around the house.  I also was sad about not being huge, but my mom came my mil called me ALL day since DH was working and it wasnt too bad.

I also was distracted though since I came down with the stomach bug Christmas day and then a sinus infection the next day.  Needless to say I'm still recovering but it wasn't too bad.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• irons633irons633 member
    edited December 2013
    It wasn't bad I cooked for my family and we had some laughs. But I did think about how 1) this would've been EJ's first Christmas and that he would've been 8 months. 2) that I should've been38 weeks and prepping for the arrival of my Olivia. So I can sad I cried some of the day. I am looking forward to New Years and hoping for a better year to come for all of us!! *****also my mom got us an angel to represent Olivia and a butterfly to represent EJ****
    imageimageimageimageimage 

• I was readmitted for my blood pressure issues on Christmas Day. This whole week is a blur, it doesn't feel like Christmas at all. My parents drove up to Chicago last week to be with DH and I but I only saw my IL's yesterday. Not that Christmas gifts matter but I could totally tell the "baby related" gifts they probably got me were removed it just seemed like I was given a lot of last minute finds. Irritating but whatever. My parents sent us a glider for the nursery as our gift so we came home from the hospital with that on our porch. I kinda want my husband to put it together so I can sit in Jacks room.
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Anniversary

• @kflynn81 I would set it up.  We have a chair we bought for Bean's room and its all set up in there. I've tried taking it out for the living room but DH wants it left in there. Its for the 'baby'
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• This was my 2nd Christmas since my daughter died, we didn't do anything to celebrate; no tree, no gifts, didn't send out cards, didn't travel to see people. It was really just another day for us.

It's still really hard for me, especially having to deal with family being mad at us for not wanting to go see them and sit around the tree and open gifts. I don't have a problem being with them, but I don't feel like celebrating Christmas, and just acting like nothing happened and everything is ok.

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"