May 2014 Moms
Options

NYE plans?

Lemme tell you I've got bottles of chilled sparkling juice I'll be popping tonight along with the sister in law ;)

We are having ppl over at our place

Any exciting plans ladies?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NYE plans?

• Options
    I also have bottles of chilled sparkling juice.  My DH and I are going to feast on a seafood dinner that I will be purchasing when my LO goes in for his first nap.  My brother may be joining us......If he has nothing better to do.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Dinner and a concert with friends & DH.  They are all very excited about having a DD for the next few months. :)  I'm just hoping I can hang and not be a party pooper.  I haven't really experienced the 2nd tri boost of energy everyone promised me.

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are taking the hooligans over to a friends house for a very kid-friendly evening. The kids are going to make their own hats along with some other activities. I am sure we will be home and in bed by 9'ish.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• Options
    We're keeping it low key this year. Usually we get dressed up and head downtown for the huge block party they throw, but I'm just not feeling it this year. 

I'm making a roast for dinner, and we'll probably watch a scary movie or two before crashing out (likely before midnight). I'm ok with that :).

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• Options
    DH is working so DD and I will hopefully be in bed long before midnight.

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    This is the first year in a long time we won't be with my closest girlfriends and their hubs. My one friend has a new baby, 2 of us are preggo, and another one has to go to a housewarming party. My sister, brother in law, niece and nephew, and my mom are coming to our house for the night and making a big dinner instead. We'll resume the NYE shenanigans with my friends next year, and get some babysitters (aka the grandparents).

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    I will be ringing in the new year in yoga pants on my couch probably a few hours before the new year begins here. We got a few invites but after last weeks festivities I'm still tired. I haven't hit the second tri boost yet either. Happy New Year Ladies! 2014 holds many new adventures for all if us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cocktail party with some cousins that will hopefully devolve into videogaming and Cards Against Humanity.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • Options
    Tonight is our four-year anniversary! But we are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate. 

We'll be going to our friend's party for a few hours tonight with SS, then coming home and having a "New Years Eve Party" with him-- banging pots and pans, sweeping out the old year, and generally being obnoxious in the name of tradition. He loves it. 

Baby boy arriving late Spring '14

• Options
    We were supposed to go to a party with some friends.  I was really looking forward to it since its our last year without a baby.  BUT DH is sick so we will be at home twiddling our thumbs :(

Happy New Year's ladies!!
  • Options
    With a two year old, we will hopefully be at home snoozing! :)

My how things change!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    Big fat nothing and so happy! I hate staying up late for no reason.
  • Options
    Hopefully sleeping. This sickness is kicking my ass. I do have chilled sparkling juice though. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options

We're likely going to a bar in the neighborhood my husband grew up in. it's really more like going to a house party than a bar since we'll know everyone there. i feel kinda weird being the pregnant girl at the bar, but i figure it's new years, you can't smoke in there and i obviously won't be drinking, so what's the harm?

of course i imagine i'm going to want to off myself by midnight since everyone is going to be wasted but me. guess i'll just try to enjoy watching everyone turn into a hot mess!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We thought friends were coming over but I guess the idea of hanging with a pregnant woman and a couple with a toddler wasn't fun and now they aren't coming. Kind of rude, IMO. Not sure why they initially accepted our invite. I guess they were waiting for a better offer. So MH and I are going to order in food and I'll probably watch Hoda and Kathie Lee while he finishes off the beers in our fridge. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    Heading over to a friend's house for games and mocktails. It'll be my first time out since my BFP (thanks to school and colds)!

• Options
    Fancy dinner at home, Trader Joe's Sparking Chardonnay grape juice, bed by ten. Day off with DH tomorrow, we'll have collards, black eyed peas, and a Downton Abbey marathon. :)

• Options
    I will be ringing in the New Year at work. I usually work every New Year's holiday because it's not a big deal to me. Plus, I'll get 24 hours of holiday pay for tonight and tomorrow night. And we are having a potluck and I am making this to take! Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2013/05/28/snickers-peanut-butter-brownie-ice-cream-cake/

• Options
    We're staying in and having my dad over. It's our first NY without mum and we don't want him being alone. We've just got some finger foods in and will probably be in bed by 12:15.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I'll be with my MIL and FIL. DH is going out with his friends (I insisted! I know I can barely keep my eyes open after 11 pm and he was really hoping we could go and have some fun.). MIL went all out and got so much deliciously gross looking foods that I can't wait to shove down my throat. ;)

• Options
    I was bartending last NYE and we weren't even thinking about getting married yet... What a difference a year makes!
    Making a big seafood dinner with the ILs, prepping my Tuscan bean soup for tomorrow, watching a movie, then hopefully making it til midnight for a champagne toast :)
  • Options
    Cocktail party with some cousins that will hopefully devolve into videogaming and Cards Against Humanity.
    love love love Cards Against Humanity.
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • Options
    Eating homemade artichoke and sesame dips, watching movies, and beating the pants off my husband at Trivial Pursuit. 
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    House party at my best friends house. It's something we do every year. Play board games and watch the neighborhood explode thousands of dollars of fireworks. This is the first year there will be kids, but its always a mellow party and adjusts just fine.

It'll be my first time out to a group event since September. I'm just hoping my body cooperates and I can stay until the end of the fireworks without falling asleep or having contractions. 
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    We have tickets to see Blue Man Group, then we'll brave the traffic and pop a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. Yum.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are keeping it low key as well...grilled steaks, mashed sweet potatoes, and brussel sprouts.  Nom nom!  I may splurge and have half a glass of wine.  We were invited to a party down in South Austin but that's a good 30 minute drive and DH nixed that idea because he doesn't want to be out with all the "drunks".  How old do we sound!!
  • Options
    Nothing crazy....we usually go to my Dad's (which is crazier than it sounds, because it's a fun time with about 10-12 people)...I think he is actually going out this year.

We didn't really make plans...but we will head to dinner at 6:30 with my cousin and aunt and then I will attempt to stay up to midnight...

Now, if I was trying to go to sleep, staying up until 2 am would be a breeze!  But I am sure I will fall asleep the second I consciously try and stay awake.
  • Options
    stinamarie412stinamarie412 member
    edited December 2013
    We are going to get wings with friends then have DH 's friends annual fancy dressed party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:
    Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy and DH bought us a mini bottle of champagne to close out a wonderful year :)
    Aww yeeeee, Twilight Zone marathon!  Stoked.  I loves me some Rod Serling.  I'm hoping to catch all the Shatner episodes again this year.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:
    Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy and DH bought us a mini bottle of champagne to close out a wonderful year :)
    Aww yeeeee, Twilight Zone marathon!  Stoked.  I loves me some Rod Serling.  I'm hoping to catch all the Shatner episodes again this year.
    I own the entire series on DVD but still sit here and watch it every freaking NYE on tv - commercials and all.  
  • Options
    I am making a yummy seafood pasta and I'll have sparkling grape juice while DH drinks a couple beers. I doubt I'll make it to midnight.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am going to wait patiently for DH to get home from work at 10 and then crawl in bed and snuggle. For once we don't have plans and I am SO excited!! :) I cannot wait for 2014!!! :)
  • Options
    Family movie night at home with DS. We'll probably order pizza and I'm definitely making layered taco dip. I also doubt I'll make it to midnight but oh well :)
  • Options
    My DH is going out with his friends. I'll be home alone... Maybe this should go under bitching... :-w
  • Options
    We're going to a fancy cocktail party at a friend's house, and I'm grumpier than I should be about it. My dress is too tight, and the thought of staying up past midnight sober with a bunch of drunk people has me feeling like an old fart. I used to be fun, I swear!
  • Options
    We've got a big bottle of V8 fruit/veg juice, a carton of rocky road ice cream, and four musicals from the '50s ready to go.  :)
  • Options
    My husband's 16 y/o nephew is coming over and will be sleeping over, and we were all supposed to go to my cousin's house where almost everyone in our family goes every year, but now my sister is sick and my cousin that is up visiting from FL that was supposed to go is sick as well, so I don't know if we'll go to my cousin's or my parent's or what we'll do.
  • Options
    yvanehtniojyvanehtnioj member
    edited December 2013
    Going to a friend's house for "finger foods." Yay food!

ETA: I NEED SHRIMP. I'm getting a package of frozen breaded shrimp of some sort. I need it so badly. Yay NYE shrimp!!!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"