Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

First day of CM, how long until I O?

Hi there, I'm new here. I hope I'm using these abbreviations correctly :) 

My hubby and I just started TTC #2 last month. Well, we half halfheartedly tried last month, this month we're starting to really try. I downloaded a fertility app for my phone, which is convenient, but I've only been tracking my cycle for a month so I'm not entirely sure how long it is. It was 33 days long last month, so based on that (and according to the apps fertility calendar), I wasn't really expecting to see any CM (cervical mucus - is this the right abbreviation?) for another 5 days. Well, I started producing some last night, which would imply that maybe I am on a 28 day cycle after all. 

Anyway, I say all that to ask you this...since I am starting to see CM now, does that mean that I should expect to ovulate in about 5 days? 

Also, on the topic of ovulation - is it better to have sex just once on the day of ovulation, or more than once? I would hate to miscalculate the ovulation day and have a sperm count decrease for the actual ovulation day or something. 

Thanks in advance! 

Re: First day of CM, how long until I O?

• Options
    The videos and tutorials on Fertility Friend are definitely helpful, as mentioned above. Every woman's cycle is different so it's up to you to do your own research and then look at ALL the signs to figure out when YOU ovulate. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You can have fertile CM anytime throughout your cycle. I learned a ton of information from lurking on the board for awhile and reading the newbie blog, I definitely recommend doing that. I also used an app that tracked my periods, until I came here & realized that app was useless so I tossed it & signed up for Fertility Friend and started temping. (You should too!) Best of luck!
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check out Fertility Friend right now :) 

Do you think it's too late in this months cycle to start temping? I'm not sure that I would get very much data. I guess some is better than none though right? 
  • Options
    30 minutes until you O.  Better get on it!

• Options
    OP, enjoy Fertility Friend, it is crazy useful when you temp with it.

That being said, the female body is a fickle thing, and it can produce 'fertile' CM whenever it feels like a few giggles.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check out Fertility Friend right now :) 

Do you think it's too late in this months cycle to start temping? I'm not sure that I would get very much data. I guess some is better than none though right? 
    It doesn't hurt to start getting into the habit now. Good luck.

Agreed. It's a new habit/routine to get into so if you start now you'll have the hang of things by the beginning of your next cycle. I just started temping two days ago and I'm halfway through my cycle.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely sign up for Fertility Friend and take the tutorials.  After a few months of charting (if you need to do it that long) you may find that you have roughly the same number of days of CM before O, but it can change any time. And, as PPs have said - fertile CM can appear at other times.  I usually have 4-5 days of fertile CM but no one can see into the future for you.  

I would say start temping now to get into the habit.  You may see a few days of low temps before a rise after O, but don't get too worked up about it, because you may not see anything the first month.  GL!

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"