August 2014 Moms
Options

Too many acronyms, some of us seem obsessive.....

2»

Re: Too many acronyms, some of us seem obsessive.....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This posting shows you all need to get a LIFE. I cannot believe you all care so much to write vicious and nasty things to someone voicing their opinion. No one needs to hide their losses, but Jesus no one in a newly pregnant board needs to hear about it. You guys have me fucking paranoid. Good luck to you all, some of us work full time and have a life. I am done with these boards. You all need to grow up. Focus on the kids and families you do have and get the fuck over it!
    Good riddance.  I truly hope that you never have to experience losing a child, but if you do, that you realize that there is an awesome support system through the ladies on TB, and that you take advantage of it and don't feel like you ever need to hide your miscarriages.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't expect that you won't get any backlash when the opinion is hurtful to numerous women on the board!

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    To be honest OP, I had a D&C my first pregnancy. And I needed it because my bod was holding on to a pregnancy that had not been viable for over 7 weeks! And I can damn well tell you I am 10 times more scared than you will ever be of a loss. And so is any other woman who has had to go through a loss. You should just go crawl into your bedroom, turn off all the lights and pull your blanket over your head and pretend like nothing bad ever happens. Because reality is, bad things do. And to pretend otherwise is just pure ignorance on your behalf. Instead of "let's hold hands and not talk about the boogey man" approach, maybe consider what it feels like when the shoe is on the other foot and try praying for those mamas to have a sticky baby instead. They deserve it. I truly hope your parenting skills don't include the ostrich approach, because it doesn't matter how old your kids get. You are always going to worry. That never stops. So you better get used to it now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sarahg8r said:
    Wow, I knew it wouldn't be long before the crazies started coming out. Funny this all started the day after the post about how nice and supportive everyone on the August BMB is.

Right? I was thinking the same thing...

Meanwhile...off to buy some popcorn!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This thread makes me sick. OP and her white knights, if you don't like posts/siggies mentioning losses/D&Cs then stop reading. Not that fucking hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pregnancy loss is something that's taboo to talk about openly in real life. The Bump is a place where women can share these things and not feel as if they are being taboo or "negative". I think in this space it is very NECESSARY for people to share those things if they need to, given that they often can't get such support in real life.

I hope you are really proud of yourselves, OP et. al. This is the grossest post I've seen in a while.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Time to weed these horrible three out. (Still lurking from Apr14)
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    You're a real fucking peach, huh.
    --------------
    imageimage

M/C: 1/24/2010

Cecelia:11/22/10

CAUTIOUSLY expecting Jace in July August 2014

Old Bumpie, New name 
  • Options
    HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited December 2013
    Wow Ive never seen such an ignorant post. So because someone went through something painful like the loss of their unborn baby and they choose to post their d&c date in their personal siggy they should be banned from due date forums.and should have to stick to PGAL forums? We are adult women who hopefully are not niave enough to not know what can happen and should have respect for those who have endured a loss. We come.to ALL boards seeking advice and support and Im whether that be times of humor or times of sadness. Not really sure why youd join a board in the first place if that bothers you...

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Whoa, some people I hope leave this board, and I'm not meaning the PGAL girls. I think miscarriage along with infertility have stigmas that they shouldn't have. These things affect many women and we need to support each other as fellow women IMO. 
  • Options
    I know! All of these women talking about super awkward personal stuff about their pregnancies like this entire site is dedicated entirely to talking about pregnancy or something! Where do these people think they are!? I mean, it's not like this site is called THE BUMP or anything. OMG. They must be so dumb. *hairflip*
  • Options
    OP, you should probably leave the bump. This is not the place for you. Bitchiness is applauded here; utter stupidity is not. I am sure you will a confederacy of dunces out there that will recognize you as one of their own.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm currently PGAL and have found nothing but excellent info and support from these forums...no one ever wants to expect to need it, but when you do, you want these ladies by your side.
  • Options

jennahu said:
    There was a 'bigger picture' message to this, which seems to be lost in what is now some kind of anti-miscarriage support statement that I never made....is anyone stopping to consider that hearing of (the reality of) all of these miscarriages and procedures (miscarriage is descriptive, d&c is tmi) may be frightening to a new mom? No? Oh....

Again, not to be too specific, there are too many acronyms to bother here, and some women seem lost in the details, and obsession of anything is unhealthy...there are more details about many women here in their signatures than some of us would ever care to know. Just a commentary.
  • Options
    Wow.. just wow.  So glad OP wasn't around on the January 2012 board when I posted about my D&E.

Hope she can stay this naive throughout her whole pregnancy and never learns that it's not all rainbows and butterflies.  Hope she never needs the support. 

BFP #1 5/26/11 - said goodbye to our DD at 13w on 7/29/2011 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #2 12/16/11 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #3 1/21/12 - Welcome Zoey Paige - 9/23/12! 
    BFP #4 11/27/13 - STICK BABY!
    married 7.26.08 

• Options
    Well this was quite an interesting read.

As someone who has experienced 3 losses, I'm glad to see that there are so many understanding, wonderful and caring women are on this board.

But you, OP...
    You are a fucking twat.
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    If the acronym "D&C" is "too personal" for you, I'm sorry. You'll have a hard time throughout your pregnancy.

As a nurse, I can tell who has and has not been pregnant based on their "modesty." A lot of "personal" things will happen to you, for you, with you, and by you throughout your pregnancy. Most of those things will be on display for the whole world to see despite any effort you may make to remain "private."

For someone who feels the need to say "sex" instead of "baby dance" or "do the deed," I'd expect that you're comfortable with other, more "scientific," and "personal" terms like: "dilation and curettage," "spontaneous abortion," "fetal tissue," "placenta," "vacuum and forcep births," "copious amounts of vaginal discharge," "bloody show," "mucus plug," and so on...

Some may wish to say "miscarriage," "spontaneous abortion," "dilation and curettage," or "loss." It's all appropriate. It's how they have chosen to describe their experience and that time in their life.
  • Options
    It's sad how some people just don't get it. Lack of self awareness is something that can present itself on a daily basis. Also funny we hadn't heard from OP lately. Oh yeah, that's an acronym. I shouldn't use that! Lol.
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and while I'm terrified of losing this baby, I don't feel fear because of anyone else's losses. I find comfort in everyone's sigs and even compare how far along their losses were compared to my current ticker. A 5 week loss vs a 13 week loss when I'm 9 weeks tells me just because I surpassed 5 weeks doesnt mean I'm in the clear. Miscarriage is a very real thing and coming to terms with the realization that this could happen to me in any pregnancy I experience not just this one is something I deal with. I can't imagine ever asking someone to censor their emotional history. While OP and I are both first timers and scared, what she said was awful, inconsiderate and naive. You girls who have suffered losses and are back to fight for another baby, carry on and let your sigs say whatever they need to say.
  • Options
    I had my miscarriage after being apart of my birth month board for almost two months. During that time, I really connected with the amazing ladies there. It helped so much to have the women that I already built relationships with supporting me through the pain and sorrow I was feeling. I did move boards after the initial shock sank in, but I didn't have any friends on that board yet. I was very thankful that the Jan '14 ladies were welcoming and supportive in grieving my loss with me. I hadn't told anyone IRL so it was nice to have somewhere to talk without being shunned because I was no longer continuing their journey.
  • Options
    Absolutely disgusting OP. I have nothing really further to add that hasn't already been said so eloquently by these ladies. However I felt compelled to respond because I could hardly believe what I have just read.

I'm sure my siggy would just be the trifecta of horror for you. Infertility, pregnancy loss and infant loss. Should I hide my pain and my journey for your precious feelings. Should o not acknowledge that my son existed because you know after you give birth you aren't going to want to know the reality of infant loss as a possibility.

You my dear, are a horrible existence. You need to crawl back into whatever close minded, ignorant and unsympathetic hole you crawled out of.
    DX: MFI and RPL
    C born 29/11/10- became an angel 12/04/11 
    R born 11/10/12
    12 pregnancy losses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"