July 2012 Moms
Options

~FC~

It's Friday!

The only second workday of my week and here I sit waiting a phone call to tell me if im even needed today. It sucks because I could've slept in instead of being up at 5 am! I was to go in at 7:30 but was called and told to come in at 9:30 but to call first. So I call a few minutes ago and now im to CALL at 9:30 and go from there. It's redic.

Anywho not really a confession but share some juicy ones!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: ~FC~

• Options
    Getting off of the holiday kick...

There is a name that a child has on this board that I loathe.  Like I cringe every time I hear/read it.  Obviously, everyone has different tastes and I'm sure there are people that hate my child's name.  That's cool.  It's that sometimes I feel bad for this kid. And, no I won't say what child it is. The child already has the name and there is no sense in bashing it to their parent's "face"

In my class I have a few kids that I can't even hardly pronounce their names let alone spell them. Sweet kids, great parents just horrid names! Let's just say two of the names im thinking of have hyphens in all sorts of special places.

• Options
    This was probably my worst christmas ever.  No family, everyone was sick, it just sucked. I know traveling and inlaws are a headache but it really sucks not seeing your family for christmas every year. Or even having the shitty in laws try.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oops forgot my FC:

I hate random rude comments on a post where people are generally being super nice/comforting.  I was reading back through posts this morning and came across just such and was happy to see said persons comment was ignored. Its uncalled for and just makes you look super bitchy.

Yes!! I think I know what you are talking about. I saw it and totally side eyed. No need to be so bitchy!!

@fishybride if it's my kids name I won't be insulted if you don't like it :) I know it's an unusual name and not everyone's going to like it :)

• Options
    reinedecajunreinedecajun member
    edited December 2013
    briderx said:
    I got a seriously dirty look from some parents yesterday because I couldn't pronounce their son's name. Seriously, stop making up names and I'll know how to pronounce it!
    When I get a print out of my class list it doesn't include hyphens and apostrophes.  Then I label the stuff in my room with the name on the list.  The parents get all mad that I forget the hyphen or apostrophe.  I'm sorry, those don't even belong in names!!!! 
    One of my students is named A'ro-nin Ja'lague and (insert last name here let's say something generic like smith that doesn't match the first name like zero)  Yeah we call him AJ

• Options
    I love love love Christmas. I always push to put the tree up ASAP after Thanksgiving and have never taken it down earlier than mid January. This year I'm over it. I have lost a good portion of my living room to it, Em keeps trying to get at it (and breaks the "unbreakable" ornaments), the storage boxes are blocking part of my hallway, and I'm just over it. I'm probably going to start taking it down today and just hide the presents in the closet. I feel strangely grinchy this year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oops forgot my FC:

I hate random rude comments on a post where people are generally being super nice/comforting.  I was reading back through posts this morning and came across just such and was happy to see said persons comment was ignored. Its uncalled for and just makes you look super bitchy.

I'm intrigued. If you won't name a post, how about a date so that we can figure it out for ourselves  :)

• Options
    My tree and every christmas decoration was put away by 10 am yesterday. It's so good to have my house back!

• Options
    Thanks @Laurski81 that makes sense, I hadn't gone in and read the rest of the responses yet. 

• Options
    breannie said:
    Thanks @Laurski81 that makes sense, I hadn't gone in and read the rest of the responses yet. 
    Uh yeah I just went through them..that was a crap response.

• Options
    I just got the call im officially off today, again. Yet I still have to pay for daycare...fan freaking tastic. He didn't go at all this week! This company pays great but treats their employees like shit. One day i'll find employer utopia again, if I could only get my old job back..le sigh.

• Options

My mom got everyone in the family a trip for next thanksgiving to Vegas, kids included. Instead of being grateful I'm feeling stressed about it. It will be extra money to kennel the dogs, meals, taxis etc that we weren't planning on and all our vacation days are spoken for. She knew about the vacation days as we've had that discussion a million times. I love seeing my mom, but she is very well to-do and has no concept of how travel can stress out a couple of us financially. Add to this the fact that there are 4 minors in the bunch. And. Vegas with a toddler sounds horrible, I'm sorry. I guess I sit at the pool for a couple hours and hang out in our room the rest of the time trying not to go crazy.

Um yes I would be super annoyed. That's the sort of thing you talk about beforehand, not spring as a surprise. And Vegas with a toddler doesn't sound fun to me either :(. And aren't you & Keith already going to Vegas next year as his birthday present?

• Options
    I'll have to think on this... I haven't played FC in a while...mainly because I can't even remember where I left my keys let alone what I might have done that was flame worthy... Ummm.... A million things? I talked my H into working from home today so he could clean up for MY guest coming over for a slumber party tonight.

But I agree about one particular name on this board being awful. Its probably not the same name ( not Dagny, LOVE Dagny!) but good grief, it makes me stabby.

That was so rambly.

• Options

Oops forgot my FC:

Yes!! I think I know what you are talking about. I saw it and totally side eyed. No need to be so bitchy!! @fishybride if it's my kids name I won't be insulted if you don't like it :) I know it's an unusual name and not everyone's going to like it :)
    @britbratjf - not Dagny.  I probably would never name my child Dagny because I don't have the balls to do it, but it fits for your family.  And your girl can pull it off. 
    Now I'm wondering if it's Tumaini, and if you think my girl can't "pull it off".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    hijinx said:

eafogel said:

breannie said:

Uh yeah I just went through them..that was a crap response.
    Agreed. I wanted to say something but truthfully I don't have the balls for that. Ignoring seemed like the best option, but really? It seemed very uncalled for. Someone needs a snickers. I just saw that. Way to be inappropriate. Does she always give douche canoe responses?

I don't think she's always like that, but I've definitely side eyed her a few times.

• Options
    Mine is holiday related.  I have never taken LO to see Santa. I meant to but always forgot or something else came up. Family members ask about it and side eye me for not taking her but I don't care.
  • Options
    okay, okay - I just don't want to get people's feelings hurt. I'm not like that. 

Anyway, there are TWO kids with this name on the board. One girl, one boy.  I just don't like it.  Maybe because I know like 4 dogs with this name too. I'm sure it was chosen for a special reason and the parents like it.  

Please don't be mad! 
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

• Options
    I know the name you're talking about. I think it's cute. But like we all know not everyone has the same taste in names. I think what someone names their dog is very telling of their future child(ren's) names...
    Now I just picture this person calling their kid like a puppy....
    :o3

• Options
    hijoi said:
    And I forgot: I took my kids' Christmas money and started our disney vacation fund with it. (It was only $50 total, but I know that a vacation was not what it was intended for.) I put my Christmas money in there too, but I still feel guilty., especially since we're not going for another 3 1/2 years.
    This is awesome. I'm sure a trip to Disney will make your kids happier than one more toy they might have bought with their Christmas money. Think of the memories they'll have!

• Options
    Im guessing Cooper since theres a boy and girl named that and I know a lot of dogs named Cooper. *shrugs* I like the name. Not for my kid but if it floats your boat then go for it. 18mths later these name things shouldnt be bugging people lol

• Options
    we all hit post at the same time

• Options
    I caught myself saying Lilah come! and patting my leg yesterday so its okay

• Options
    PaddyB said:

I didn't wrap any of Henry's presents. And its not like they were big things that I set up beforehand or something.  We only got him a couple of books and some flash cards.  I just didn't see the point- he had shown no interest in unwrapping at Christmas at my Mother's and it takes time I didn't have.

Maybe that's two confessions: I didn't wrap his presents, and we barely got him anything for Christmas.

Samesies. Why wrap it when I'm going to be the one unwrapping it? And the grandparents went nutso, so she still got a ton of stuff.

• Options
    Aunt Flow is late. Four days late to be precise. I'm under a lot of work-related stress right now and I'm assuming it's the reason she's late.

However, we did have sex on days where I might have gotten pregnant, even if H pulled out (not the safest method, but it's worked for us for six years). We're not supposed to start trying for another nine months, and lately, H has been hinting that maybe he'd prefer one and done. I was nervous for a couple of days, but now I'm at the point that I'll cry when Aunt Flow shows up, because I really want a second one, and I'm scared H won't be willing when it's time to start trying again. I won't be peeing on a stick but I'm secretly keeping my hopes up. I also won't mention it again so he doesn't start worrying that our method isn't safe and insists on a safer birth control method.

• Options
    @hijoi, I agree....it's a trip to Disney, which is a trip specifically to make your kids happy. It's for them which means putting the money in that fund is appropriate. Don't sweat it!

• Options
    I'm really a bit ashamed to admit this...I'm a little upset at and hurt by my mom. During my last trimester I was having a lot of complications and really needed a lot of help. She had a lot going on between my brother's family drama, working, and doing things for others. She told me she was trying to save time for after I had the baby. She said she was going to take family leave and be around to help me for about 6 weeks. So I took her at her word and counted on her being my light at the end of the tunnel.

Instead she's borrowed a day here and there and come over on her lunch hour sometimes. She started making me feel like she didnt even want to be here, talking about stuff she wanted to get done, like clean her house. She talks nonstop about my brother's drama (not in a gossipy way...she's worried for him). Even when I was in the hospital having N she was talking about it and couldn't let it go. She told she felt like his drama was keeping her from just being happy about N's birth.

I can do this on my own. It's hard, but certainly not impossible. I just feel like she keeps her promises to everyone but me because I try to be understanding. She runs around doing everything for everyone else, but my little family gets put on the back burner because we are quiet and don't have any drama.

I love her, I aspire to be more like her, she's amazing. I do really appreciate what she has been able to do for me. I just feel sort of abandoned when I really needed her, both during the pregnancy and after.

• Options
    MissMusic said:

DH & I are sitting here researching baby girl names.  He's totally into it.

I am not preggly nor do I plan to be.  We keep bringing it up, though...

MmmmmmMmmmmm hmmmmmm ;)

• Options

okay, okay - I just don't want to get people's feelings hurt. I'm not like that. 

Anyway, there are TWO kids with this name on the board. One girl, one boy.  I just don't like it.  Maybe because I know like 4 dogs with this name too. I'm sure it was chosen for a special reason and the parents like it.  

Please don't be mad! 
    I admit I was a little hurt at first revelation, but it's no big deal, I still like you :) my siggie probably doesn't help your association ;) After he got named, I started to realize it was a popular dog name... Probably should have realized that working at an animal hospital :$
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sarasansh said:
    I just got my act together to send out Christmas cards. Thankfully Shutterfly has a cute belated holiday card. Also, I paid a ridiculous amount of extra money to have Shutterfly address and mail them for me, because let's be honest, I never would have done it myself.
    @sarasansh - hate addressing cards too! my handwriting is terrible and i know i'd give up after like 2 addresses. i used this website to print my labels at home....

I bought the address labels and return addresses at Target for about $5 and then used the website which took 10 minutes to design and print. I did already have my addresses already in an Excel spreadsheet though....so if you don't have that set up it could take some time. I've had shutterfly address my cards before and found this way saves a lot of money! 

• Options

vanessaLC said:

Please don't be mad! 
    I admit I was a little hurt at first revelation, but it's no big deal, I still like you :) my siggie probably doesn't help your association ;) After he got named, I started to realize it was a popular dog name... Probably should have realized that working at an animal hospital :$
    @vanessaLC I didn't want to hurt feelings. I read why you named him Cooper and I'm sure it totally fits him. Not everyone likes Thomas- too old, too boring etc.
    I'm sure it's the perfect name for him whether I like it or not - And my opinion doesn't matter.

you have never seemed like a button pusher, so I didn't think it was a personal jab. To each her own. :)
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"