Nurseries and Baby Gear

City Mini GT vs B-Agile

Trying to decide between the Baby Jogger City Mini GT and the Britax B-Agile strollers. Any opinions on which is lighter or folds up smaller? Pros and cons? Thanks!
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: City Mini GT vs B-Agile

• I was faced with the same dilemma (for the doubles) and I ended up picking the city mini gt over the Britax. I love how easy the city mini is to maneuver and like the design a bit more. One thing I will say the Britax has over the city mini though is the zipper where your child's legs would go... makes for access to the under cargo area.
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• ...also I'd recommend viewing some YouTube reviews on both and seeing if that helps you decide which you like better. This is what me and my husband did since non of our local stores carry either stroller (in a double). We lucked out and loved the city mini gt when we got it. The wheels on the city mini gt are what automatically won me over and I love it!
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Like PP said there are some good you tube videos that compare the b-agile and city mini, and some that compare the city mini and the GT. I ended up going with the GT because the better tires were non-negotiable. I've pushed it through a couple inches of snow a couple times already this winter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fsumomfsumom member
    edited December 2013
    I ended up getting the B-Agile.  I watched many you tube videos and both seem really nice but for what I'd typically use it for (walks, shopping malls), I felt the B-Agile was perfect and I got a great deal by getting the package deal with the B-Safe car seat.  I also like that I didn't have to buy an additional adapter for the car seat as the B-Agile/B-Safe travel system includes the adapter.
    ~Jessica~ 

• We just bought the b-agile/b-safe system at Target. I find it very easy to use, lightweight, and compact. Target had it on clearance for $199.98 yesterday, which is a great deal, as the stroller by itself is usually $169-187 on Amazon.
  • The wheels are significantly different.  The City Mini Gt wheels are bigger and will help with maneuverability.  The wheels on the B-Agile in the front is tiny, which can make turning a slight challenge.  
    I have a City Micro, which has the same wheel size as the B-Agile.  I recently replaced the wheels with regular city mini wheels and what a difference!  The stroller pushes so much better. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Maybe I should clarify: I don't run, but we do walk on trails (dirt, mulch, some pea gravel) quite a bit. Really want something that will do well all terrain but not take up the entire trunk.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Maybe I should clarify: I don't run, but we do walk on trails (dirt, mulch, some pea gravel) quite a bit. Really want something that will do well all terrain but not take up the entire trunk.

I would look at the City Mini GT or the Valco Snap then. You need the bigger wheels. You can get reviews and demos on youtube.

Just an FYI Valco is discontinuing the silver color right now.....so check out my earlier post below. It's $179.99 vs $249 on amazon. I like the Snap better because it is really lightweight. I have the double and it is amazing. I took it through all kinds of stuff at the pumpkin patch-no problems. The single weighs 12 lbs, with the included console & bumper bar. The double is pretty compact so the single would be as well.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • FmrAFBrat said:

Maybe I should clarify: I don't run, but we do walk on trails (dirt, mulch, some pea gravel) quite a bit. Really want something that will do well all terrain but not take up the entire trunk.

I would look at the City Mini GT or the Valco Snap then. You need the bigger wheels. You can get reviews and demos on youtube.

Just an FYI Valco is discontinuing the silver color right now.....so check out my earlier post below. It's $179.99 vs $249 on amazon. I like the Snap better because it is really lightweight. I have the double and it is amazing. I took it through all kinds of stuff at the pumpkin patch-no problems. The single weighs 12 lbs, with the included console & bumper bar. The double is pretty compact so the single would be as well.
    ------

Thanks, I really appreciate that!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I'm reading reviews that say the Valco isn't good on rough terrain. Any experience with it off paved surfaces?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I'm reading reviews that say the Valco isn't good on rough terrain. Any experience with it off paved surfaces?

I've used it in grass, slightly wet dirt, play ground wood things, and gravel with no problem. They have a Snap 4 you can get air tires for if you want something more off road. Really if you need anything more rugged I'd look at a BOB.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Love my GT the wheels are totally different from britax. I do have a britax car seat and the adapter was only $18 on amazon.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"