June 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Well, it is early in the morning and I accidently woke my kid up to make sure he was still breathing. Dang it!

Flame away ladies

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Dude, I totally forgot about that song. Which will now be stuck in my head all day long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kdc2007 Amen. I took my tree down yesterday at like 10am. I badly needed the space back.
  • Options

BC&LM said:

Just before we started making purées for LO, I told my sister we were probably going to make all his own foods, and she laughed and said, "Oh we just bought all our foods. I don't have time for all that." I didn't think much of it at the time because I didn't know how long taking food would make. However, once we started making our own food, I totally sideeyed her reasoning. It takes all of 20-30 min. once a week to make a whole tray or two of baby food, and most of that is cooking time; prep is only like 5 minutes. My husband and I work full time, and have plenty of time do it. She works two days a week and is home with her LO the rest of the time. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with store bought food. We almost decided to use it and then changed our minds. If she just prefers to buy food that's her decision; I just think her argument that it takes too much time is ridiculous. (Also, the tone of voice she said it in made me feel like she thought it was kind of crazy that we would "waste" time making his food.)

This kind of sounds like a rambling UO now that I typed it out. My confession was supposed to be that I was being judgy ;-)

Shoot, I have 3 and I could find the time. I just have trouble keeping up with the stuff I actually have to do. And, store bought makes my life easier. I won't try and play the "busy mom" card. It's very simple. I'm lazy and I don't want to.

And if she said that, it wouldn't have bothered me, lol! I am all about laziness!!!
  • Options
    WasNotWas said:

@bc&lm I was just thinking this the other day. I love the getting to know you phase, but at the same time I don't think I could date again. I'm such a moody bitch no one who barely knew me could put up with my shit :)

Hahaha, all of this!!!
  • Options
    ALL THOSE WORDS @araziza :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    @Majwv8 I have done that to my fiance before as well. It sure gets him moving out of bed when I do it!

imageimageimage

• Options
    melOHdy said:

We gave back in to swaddling. We went a week cold turkey and it clearly didn't work. She wasn't ready at all and actually seemed relieved to be wrapped again. So we're swaddling again and will try again soon but with a step down.

We still swaddle for naps. I know we need to wean her from it but it's the only way she'll take a nap. Desperate times = desperate measures.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    I take laziness to a new level.  I buy my baby food because of it and I don't think I would ever date again because of it.  Dating is hard and a lot of work.  I keep telling H that I would never cheat because it is just too much work.  I don't even like to work too hard for my food!  No crab legs here!

My flame- I totally judged MIL yesterday when I found out that she got eyelash extensions.  They have those and she got them just because.  She kept saying Christmas was going to be small because she bought a house and then purchased expensive bracelets and purses for the girls and spendy stuff for everyone else...oh, and got eyelash extensions.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We took the purple car seat back that my SO's parents bought LO for Christmas. They didn't give us the receipt and I felt terrible asking for it so I just added the car seat to my baby registry so we wouldn't have any troubles returning it and getting the one we wanted. I still feel bad about returning it though...
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    melOHdy said:
    We gave back in to swaddling. We went a week cold turkey and it clearly didn't work. She wasn't ready at all and actually seemed relieved to be wrapped again. So we're swaddling again and will try again soon but with a step down.
    I still swaddle with naps!  For some reason at night we can go completely without it and no big deal, but for naps she loves it.  I put her in that swaddle and she immediately knows it's time to sleep and it's so easy!  I don't plan on stopping anytime soon :) 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of Scrooges that are rejoicing the end of Christmas. E had the worst 3 nights of sleep she has had since birth on Christmas Eve eve, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. This morning a tooth started poking through and she just recovered from a stomach bug. Anyway all of DH's family were out of town (his sister just had twins) and we draw names for gifts in my family and I spent the entire time at their house consoling my teething tired baby. DH and I didn't buy for each other, so basically Christmas was just a 3 day blur of illness, horrible sleep, very little family time, and no presents. We didn't even put up a tree this year. Bah Humbug.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    WasNotWas said:

@sctiger said:

I don't know what @wasnonwas's screen name means.

There is a band (well, was a band) in the 80s called was not was who had an epic song called "walk the dinosaur"
    https://youtu.be/zYKupOsaJmk
    I worked at Restaurantosuarus in Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World for a while. They played this song at least 2 times an hour. We even knew the dance. It was great.

My FFFC: I feel like I don't worry as much as I should being a heart mom. All the other heart moms I see in FB or IRL freak out over everything little and I'm really chill about Ellie. Yes, I worry like every mom does but I'm pretty relaxed for a FTM. She is an easy baby for the most part. I know she's going to come is contact with germs and sickness so why go out of my way to prevent it? The way I see it is that she has to build her immune system up so that she doesn't get sick as easily. I see these moms that go BSC if someone even coughs around LO or they drop something on the floor and I think no wonder the kid is always sick- mom won't let them build an immunity.

Eta: this mostly goes for 2yo+
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • Options
    araziza said:

I decided to make my own baby food because I'm cheap and thought I would feel awesome for doing it. Well, peaches were freaking $4/lb and baby food 78 cents a container. I also failed at tring to make pears (how? I don't know...) Store bought food for the win, at least for fruit. I do think the store bought stuff is way too runny so I always add cereal to it.

I've made all of John's food so far, but I've only bought stuff that was on sale at Sprouts. Lol. It'll probably be a while before he tries some things because I won't by it if it isn't on sale.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options
    melOHdy said:

WasNotWas said:

@sctiger said:

Eh I feel like, in the case of a real health concern, it's good to be more cautious.  There's building your child's immunity and then there is being reckless with her health.  I hope you're the former. 

I would never put her in real danger of being sick. I can't emotionally afford for her to be back in the hospital. I am more careful when we are out and about but I see moms that freak out if a child drops a toy in their own house. If a kid can't pick something up off the floor in their house and continue playing with it without the toy being disinfected then I think there is a problem there. I very rarely disinfect E's stuff. Like only when someone is sick or maybe once a month.
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • Options
    Let's see.

I need to change my siggy but don't remember how.

I get jarred food because I'm low on freezer/fridge space. Oh, and lazy.

We have swaddle weaned but I'm too chicken to wean from the almighty paci.

I'm really feeling the itch to return to work but nervous all the same about leaving my kids with others. But we are saving for a new house and the income would really help. :/

• Options
    My totally weird FFFC:  I bought a bagel for a homeless guy this AM.  He was very thankful but wouldn't take it.  It kind of made me feel awful.
    You don't need to feel awful. As the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers." I don't mean that in an ugly way but if he was indeed looking for a handout, well, he got one. 
    Did he happen to give you a reason for refusing it? 

• Options
    @kdc2007 OMG, beautiful. I would love a refresher, thank you!

• Options
    kdc2007 said:
    Let's see.

I need to change my siggy but don't remember how.

I get jarred food because I'm low on freezer/fridge space. Oh, and lazy.

We have swaddle weaned but I'm too chicken to wean from the almighty paci.

I'm really feeling the itch to return to work but nervous all the same about leaving my kids with others. But we are saving for a new house and the income would really help. :/
    It was so hard to leave G for the first few months, but now, it's not so hard. Go for it if it'll help build up the house fund! :) 
    I know I really should.I just worry because I went to work when Lucy was about this age and it was the beginning of the end of EBFing. However, the job I'm up for is Peer Counselor at WIC so I know I would have ample opportunity to pump and a supportive work environment. I'm just scared that I'll mess up the good thing we have going, ya know?

• Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited December 2013
    (I'm not sure if I have confessed this before....) The only reason I'm still on maternity leave is because I don't want people to know I can't handle being at home with DD. I also don't want to admit it to myself. I think next year I'll plan on splitting the year with DH (and probably end up with the easiest baby lol). 

@fordfalcor That's a tough one. I can only imagine how stressful trying to keep up with pumping can be. If you could build up a small stash now would that help? Can you get daycare that is close enough to nurse during your lunch break?

• Options
    I work out almost daily but haven't lost these last 10ish pounds. I complain about this to DH and tell him how hard I'm working... But really I eat like crap and

BC&LM said:

I have another one. I love my husband so much and pray we have many, many healthy and happy years together. But sometimes I get a little sad when I think I will never feel that first kiss or first date feeling again--you know the butterflies in the stomach kind of thing. I would never ever trade what I have with my husband for that, but I do miss it a little if that makes sense! But I am sure there will be many other firsts that are much bigger and better :-)

I still get the butterflies...

I don't. I totally know where you're coming from @bc&lm. However, what we have now is much more precious and deep, and you're right, there will be many more firsts! Plus, the thought of ever having to date again scares me! Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"