VBAC

Hi everyone

Hi, my name is Brandy and I have two boys and a stepdaughter. I also had a little girl in 2009 but she passed away. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and all of my births have been c-section, I would like to try for a VBAC with this one but I don't know how to ask my doc about it. Oh just so you know I don't have a doc yet as I am waiting for my insurance card to come in, which reminds me will a OB see me if I have the card number from the insurance company?

Re: Hi everyone

• Welcome! I'm sorry about the loss of your daughter. If you tell the OB office you don't have your card yet, they will work with you to get you seen. How many c/s have you had, 3? It can be hard to find doctors who will do VBAC after multiple cesareans, but you won't know if you don't ask. There are some studies showing it is safe after 2 or 3 c/s, so it is definitely worth asking about. GL!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with PP. I think you should just come right out and ask for a VBAC. Also, you may want to do a quick search and see if you find the most VBAC friendly OBs, and consider going to see one of them. They are usually more lenient as far as number of previous c/s. I am sorry about your daughter. Hope the vbac works out for you. Goodluck!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I know I posted this awhile back but I work and go to school so I really don't get on here very often. My first OB appointment is tomorrow so I will ask him about a V-BAC then. Thanks again
  • So I asked my OB about a VBAC but he said I have to much scarring and he doesn't think it would be safe for me or baby. Oh well, what really matters is that baby is healthy and safe. I just would have liked to experience it just once.
  • If you have confidence in your ob and his assessment, awesome (i mean that sincerely), but it sounds like the option for a vbac it's really important to you. Remember you can always get a second opinion, especially if you have a truly vbac-friendly ob in your area. Whatever you choose, i hope you find peace in it and everything goes smoothly for you.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • @cdmay2006 thanks, honestly while I would like to, since this is my last child, in this area I would have to go to a midwife and the only one around here does not accept my insurance. It's ok though because at least I know what to expect. Thanks to all you lovely ladies.
  • Ah, well, good luck to you in these next months!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"