March 2013 Moms

Diapers

What kind of diapers do you use for your LO? 

We've been using Pampers Swaddlers since DD was born and we've always been happy with them but they just came out with a "new and improved" version and they seem to smell more like chemicals.  The mesh also sticks to DD's bottom and she is getting diaper rash more often.  Have any other Pampers Swaddlers users noticed these differences or others?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Diapers

• I don't use pampers swaddlers myself or the new ones but I will say that when we brought Cami home and the hospital sent us home with diapers they were swaddlers and I HATED them. She has a sensitive hiney and all the pampers seemed to irritate her.

I would go back to the old swaddlers if they're still available and that's what works for you. But if you end up having to switch, we use huggies lil movers and love love love them. We've also used a few generics and while none have irritated her like pampers we keep coming back to huggies. Love them!
  • Seventh Generation. DD has a super sensitive bottom and we usually CD but when we use disposable we go with the 7th Gen! I've heard that Honest Company diapers are good too, a friend of mine swears by them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cloth diapers here too! We also have a leftover pack of target disposables we used in June for a vacation.
  • We do cloth mostly but target or huggies when using disposables.
  • We use the Honest Co. and they are great. Plus, you never run out because they are shipped auto!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We do cloth all day and Pampers Baby Dry at night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use Huggies Little Movers and like them. Also LOVE the Costco diapers- I think they are Kirkland brand.

We were using Pampers Swaddlers but Huggies tend to be cheaper so we switched.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• We also use Cloth, and target brand if we do happen to use disposables.  We used the swaddlers the first few weeks without problems, but since we don't use disposables regularly I just bought the cheap target brand last time I bought them.  And actually, they probably don't even fit anymore, but I haven't needed them in a while.
  • We like pampers cruisers and the overnight diapers. I think they're good. Similar to Swaddlers but not nearly as soft. We haven't tried the new Swaddlers but when I looked at them in the store they seemed super thin so they probably do have a chemical additive now to help them absorb. Maybe try a different
  • Huggies Snug n Dry :)
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Cloth. DS hasn't had a rash since we switched at 7 weeks! Good for his hiney and the planet. And my wallet.
  • Usually cloth. We're on vacation this week and using Luvs.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Another cloth diaper user here too.  Even take them traveling with us. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Winn dixie kuddles.i love them or pampers.anything but huggies,i cant stand huggies.
  • We use Target. If I had time and patience or was a SAHM - we would cloth.

We had to double diaper for a week and used CVS brand for the larger size outer diaper. Those worked surprisingly well. We've also tried Walmart White Cloud/Parent's Choice. Not too shabby.

• We use Pampers I like them the best and feel like they can stand more than others, and they come with coupons inside!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We used swaddlers until DD was 3 months old. Now we use Luvs and have had zero issues, even overnight.

• Huggies slip on. I have to have stealth ninja moves when changing him... He will not stay still and these slip ons have saved the day.
  • Huggies slip on. I have to have stealth ninja moves when changing him... He will not stay still and these slip ons have saved the day.

I have wondered about those! We love huggies in our house, they're the only ones that really work for dd but it's like pulling teeth getting her to stay still these days. I've been wanting to try them!

• I love them... The only thing is finding them! It's a hit or miss with the stores around here. I also don't know if they make them smaller than a 4. He just started with this size!
  • Seventh generation. They arent.bleached, clean, no chemicals and environmental friendly
  • I love them... The only thing is finding them! It's a hit or miss with the stores around here. I also don't know if they make them smaller than a 4. He just started with this size!

I just bought a small thing of them tonight at cvs! I just put one on her so well see in the morning but I really like the way they fit! We've been in size 5s (!) for a while solely because of her ginormous thighs, so the diapers sag a bit but these fit great. I'm excited to see how they hold up
  • I would love to use slip on diapers. But DD is still a size 1. She is in pampers swaddlers. I still love them but she is sooo wiggly
  • She is 13lbs 12oz. She is small
  • Yes she is a peanut. Usually we get asked if she is a premie. She is like a 5 month old size. She will be freaky when she walks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"