C-sections
Options

blood pressure?

Hi all, I am 34 weeks with mono/di twins and they are being taken by c section at 36 weeks.  I am absolutely terrified!  My one top concern, which the OB told me not to worry about, however I will have to wait to talk to the anesthesiologist about it when I go in that morning, is my blood pressure.  I normally run 100/60 at the MOST.  Sometimes it drops down to 90/50 or lower.  I know spinals and epidurals can drop your bp and I am terrified I am going to end up with general.  Any experience with LOW bp?  I know its not the norm!  

Thank you! 
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: blood pressure?

• Options
    It drops many people but they have medication for that. 

The first thing that the nurse does before the Dr gives the anesthesia is to give you a 1-2 L fluid bolus. This is the first line in protection. Then after that, if needed they can give meds through the IV if needed.

Most mom's don't even know that their B/P was low. 
    thank you!!! i knew there was medication to lower bp but didn't know about raising it! lol.  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    With my 2nd and 3rd c section in the recovery room my blood pressure dipped very low. They gave me a shot and it went right back up with no problems. It's fairly common from what I understand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jezebel57 said:
    Hi all, I am 34 weeks with mono/di twins and they are being taken by c section at 36 weeks.  I am absolutely terrified!  My one top concern, which the OB told me not to worry about, however I will have to wait to talk to the anesthesiologist about it when I go in that morning, is my blood pressure.  I normally run 100/60 at the MOST.  Sometimes it drops down to 90/50 or lower.  I know spinals and epidurals can drop your bp and I am terrified I am going to end up with general.  Any experience with LOW bp?  I know its not the norm!  

Thank you! 

I have a medical condition causing my BP to be very low and to drop easily. My docs were very concerned about the drop caused by the spinal. We has a meeting with anesthesiologist prior. They decided to:

1. Start 2 Iv lines rather than just 1. Try could open them both wide to push fluids/meds if needed 2. I was started on IV drip several hours prior to my cs. This extra fluid volume helped BP 
    3. Meds on hand to raise BP if needed (yes, I needed them, but once they were in I felt much better.

I was awake and aware of everything the whole time!

I also wasn't allowed out of bed a little longer than what's average. They needed my BP to stabilize. 

Good luck!

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"