March 2013 Moms
Options

Sick Baby

Hi Mommas.

My DS (9 1/2 months) is sick again. It's really bad this time, I'm guessing common cold but just wanted to run it by everyone for experiences. It started MOTN Saturday with a croup cough, but stopped by mid-Sunday. Now it's all mucus, clear runny nose, wet cough, mucus in his throat. 99-100 degree fever for about 6 hours now. He ALWAYS drank 6 oz bottles, but hasn't had more than 4 oz per bottle in over 24 hours. He is MISERABLE .. and last night was brutal. 

I called the after hours pedi for the croup cough and she was very blase about it. If it's just a really bad cold, I guess I can't do much. He has a warm humidifier, baby vicks, and a nasal sucker.

Sorry this is so long but I feel so bad for him and want him healthier for Christmas Eve and day. :( 

Re: Sick Baby

• Options
    We have had the same this week (minus the croup cough). Our doc just said to let it run it's course, but she saw her and listened to her chest. Can you call in the am or see if you can pop by tomorrow? The croup cough only lasted a day?
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes, the croup cough only lasted about 12 hours, then became mucus-y. He's also not making as many wet diapers now. I'll give them a call. Thanks for your input. :( Hopefully your LO is feeling better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, and best wishes to your little guy for a speedy recovery!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"