March 2013 Moms

Toothbrush

Have you started brushing LO's teeth?  DD has just gotten some teeth and I have been wiping them off with a wet wash cloth but I'm thinking I should get her a tooth brush.  I have no idea what to buy though.  Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toothbrush

• I bought DD a toddler toothbrush from the grocery. I let her "brush" her teeth when I brush and floss mine. Her toothbrush is also her favorite teether
  • I bought DS a rubber toothbrush. Just to let him chew on and get use to it. Haven't used toothpaste. Plus his vitamin has floride in it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been brushing dd's teeth for a while now, but she got teeth a bit early. We just picked up a toddler toothbrush from walmart and she loves "brushing" her teeth. Every now and again she lets me get in there and actually brush them lol
  • We also have a rubbery one and let him chew on it. I try to brush it around on his teeth and gums a little but he only tolerates that for about 10 seconds
  • lars1226 said:
    We also have a rubbery one and let him chew on it. I try to brush it around on his teeth and gums a little but he only tolerates that for about 10 seconds
    Same for me and my DS.  The pediatrician just told me today at the 9 month check up to start brushing his teeth.  I have a couple rubber ones that came in my J&J set.  He loves chewing on it and will let me get in there for just a few seconds.  I figure chewing on it helps too.  The ped also told me I could used a wet washcloth.

;

• I have the finger one.  She loves getting her teeth brushed. I just use it with water right now usually during bath time.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • my LO is 9 months and has 7 teeth, and I have been brushing them since he was like 4 months HE LOVE LOVE LOVES his teeth being brushed,

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Do any of you use toothpaste or just water when brushing your LO's teeth?

;

• We don't have enough teeth to be brushing yet, we just use a washcloth for now. But our pedi said no toothpaste. She said they make some baby toothpastes but water is good enough for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"