March 2014 Moms

Weird Pregnancy symptom - turning the toilet seat blue

So I've been having a rough preggo day. Sharkie is pushing into my ribs and I feel huge blah blah blah.

I was actually excited for my BM of the day because, yay, more room. After taking my leisurely time about it, I get up and...what the hell? Blue. My toilet seat is butt shaped and blue. No jeans on today (had shower this AM) or anything blue.

So like all things weird I googled it immediately and of course it finds a couple other preggo mentions...huh. Again this wasn't gradual, just today. Doesn't come off. Anyhow I thought I'd share since I kinda got sniggered at by telling the nurse over the phone. If you've done it, you're not alone!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   

Re: Weird Pregnancy symptom - turning the toilet seat blue

• I think there was talk about this happening a while back on our board?   I can't remember who it was happening to, though.  Weird!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• FeinBride09FeinBride09 member
    edited December 2013
    That's crazy! But kinda cool ;-) Did they say what actually causes it?
    TTCAL & PGAL Welcome
    PCOS & TTC #1 since January 2012
    BFP 11.16.2012 * Natural MC at 9.5 wks 01.1.2013
    TTC again in March 2013
    Round 3 of 100mg Clomid + 1500mg Metformin BFP #2 06.14.13
    EDD: March 28, 2014  It's a GIRL!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What in the world.. this is a new one for me.. how weird and interesting.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• I had to google this!! Omg crazy!!
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • By chance did you wear dark jeans today?
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just googled this tonight. It's not my toilet seat, I've noticed my white sheets and nightshirt turning purple. Weird stuff.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • My sheets too! Wtf is it???
  • This takes the cake for weird pregnancy symptoms. Amazing!
  • Yes, this has been mentioned before. I saw it mentioned on another BMB here, too. So strange but you are not alone, apparently.
    Mom to 5 wonderful kids: 18ds, 15ds, 13ds, 11dd and baby boy! Why get old when you can get pregnant?

• Yes Ive turned mine blue a time or two. Not sure what causes it ? :-/

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • peachy0709peachy0709 member
    edited December 2013
    It happened to me! Magic Erasers are your best friends for this kind of thing!!

I was convinced it was a combination of my maternity pants + the stretch mark oil (I know, I know....) until it 1) happened with other pants after I stopped using the oil and 2) the marks stopped showing up at some point.  Pregnancy is super weird, but I kind of love it.

Edited for clarity... or as clear as I can be right now with my getting-worse-by-the-day flightiness. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• What the heck causes this??? I've never heard of such a thing! You are probably just turning into a smurf...nothing to worry about! :P
  • Happened to me with DD as well. I haven't noticed it this pregnancy. So strange!

• That is seriously so bizarre.

We should do a poll and see if this has happened to anyone NOT taking prenatals.
  • dotgirl2 said:
    That's so bizarre! I've never heard of that before. I went to Dr. Google to see what it said, and no one knows for sure, but a common theory is that it's from the dye in pre-natal vitamins. 
    Innnnnteresting... it stopped happening for me around the time my OB switched me to a different prenatal with DHA.  I never would have suspected that.  Great sleuthing!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• dotgirl2 said:

That's so bizarre! I've never heard of that before. I went to Dr. Google to see what it said, and no one knows for sure, but a common theory is that it's from the dye in pre-natal vitamins. 

I don't take prenatals often enough to make a difference (for shame!). And when I do manage to get them down and keep them down, the ones I take have no dye in them.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • rockopera said:

dotgirl2 said:

I don't take prenatals often enough to make a difference (for shame!). And when I do manage to get them down and keep them down, the ones I take have no dye in them.
    Yup. I only took folic acid while TTC and in the first tri, and nothing thereafter (I'll add in iron if I'm low at next check, and I'm trying to be extra-assiduous about dietary calcium).

And I am not turning anything blue.....this really fascinates me.
  • First time I heard of this. I like the Smurf theory. :)
  • @kcasset Yeah the go to is blue pants, but I hadn't worn anything blue since my shower...it was pretty instant of sitting down (well for a while) and then I got up.

@TallAsh Huh I must have missed that one! Would have made me not freak out as much initially.

I've tried all the cleaning products (including magic eraser) . Nothing. The worst part is I can only find anecdotal stories via the Internet. L&D nurse and docs really didn't know what I was talking about (I called in case this could be indicative of something more serious) so it's still just the Internet. 

Also good to know I'm not alone in blue-ing things @Berry30 @kcassett @rockopera @tallash @mrsfuturetonyasmith

• OMG this is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I saw this post this morning and didn't open it because I thought it was just a stupid post...now i"m glad I did and saw how fricking crazy it really is and now I'll be watching my toilet seat and anything else white around me haha.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• So I'm the obgyn clinic comic relief. They consulted everyone (seriously) and called over to MFM, and pretty much nothing. Though they are as amused as we are.

• I totally had this happy last prgnancy! I never heard of this and now I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! The color did go away. Haha, so strange.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember reading this somewhere before too... Haven't had it happen but if it does, I will at least know that I'm not going crazy!
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Love the super hero theory!
    DH and I both thought maybe we washed something with our sheets.
    Oh it's stained on our mattress too!

• scvs83scvs83 member
    I woke up this morning and my sheets were blue where my bottom lays!!  I freaked out, called my doctor and she was totally dumbfounded.  It was dry, like I had worn a new pair of blue panties to bed and the color rubbed off... only I wore pink the night before and there was no blue on them.  SO WEIRD!  Anyway, my husband googled it and turns out it's normal.  Had no idea pregnancy did this to you.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being invaded by aliens.
  • Haha sooo confused for a minute... Then I was all like, awww prego memories lol
  • They just clash with everything!
  • Lol, I saw it on page one and remembered when @Missfunball‌ posted originally. So glad you didn't have a smurf, they're so hard to shop for!

I know and ay too matchy matchy when you have a boy and boys clothes

• I was hoping someone had SOLVED THE MYSTERY!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Coming out of bmb retirement just to keep the zombie thread going. I want more of these!
  • Totally thought an M14'er was pregnant!!!
    Haven't been on TB a whooooole ton lately. Have we had our first BFP yet?!??
  • kls33145 said:

Totally thought an M14'er was pregnant!!!
    Haven't been on TB a whooooole ton lately. Have we had our first BFP yet?!??

@23ofclubs‌ ?? I most have missed your update! Are you our first?

BabyFetus Ticker

• I thought a TBT thread would be fun to do on Thursdays! Someone could search for one they remember and then rehash it and we can reminisce...
  • Totally thought an M14'er was pregnant!!! Haven't been on TB a whooooole ton lately. Have we had our first BFP yet?!??
    @23ofclubs‌ ?? I most have missed your update! Are you our first?
    BFN.    As @ProudMommy030614 in the random thread, its like waiting for Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"