Alabama Babies

Honest Thoughts on Breastfeeding...

What are everyone's thoughts on breast feeding?

Re: Honest Thoughts on Breastfeeding...

• I'm thinking about doing it. It's healthy for baby and has many pros
  • I am currently breastfeeding my 19 month old and LOVE it. It was really hard at first, like the first 2 or 3 weeks, but after that it has been a breeze. It is so healthy, provides antibodies for the baby when you get sick, all of the vitamins baby needs, keeps baby hydrated, etc. Plus it is a fix all, any time she gets hurt all she needs is to nurse for a moment and it's all better. :)

We had to use formula for a week at one point and it was SO HARD. Both have their difficulties but breast feeding for me personally has been incredibly convenient. No bottles to wash, etc. 

If you can, take a breastfeeding class. They talk about all of the many many pros to breastfeeding. Also find yourself a good lactation consultant before the baby is born or at the hospital where you give birth. She will help you get started and if you have any problems she is there to give advice, just a phone call away. Also there are some great La Leche League reps in Alabama (not sure where you are located) that helped me on a Sunday when my LC wasn't available. 

Sorry for the rant, I'm a big advocate for breast feeding. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Still breastfeeding my almost 20 month old. If you are able, it's great!
  • I breastfed my first for 12 months! It was great, saved lots of money, and so far (knocking on wood) my child has been very healthy.

Like @joneriksmommy said If you are able, it is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"